Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 9:26 pm

Calvink,
I don't know if you are aware of it but SIA always a contingent of Japanese girls who remain on the Singapore-Japan route permanently since they are familiar with the language, culture and customs, similar situation to BA.

Plavt.

konkon

Post by konkon » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:04 pm

Anyone been to the recent mgmt interview? I'm having mine next friday, a bit nervous and worry what are the question will be ask :???: . As i read thru the post for final interview it's pretty much some times ago. Any updates? I remember the recent one just being conducted in KL. Any tips anyone? Hehe..... Thanks in advance...

Cheers

zelixious

Post by zelixious » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:47 am

konkon wrote:Anyone been to the recent mgmt interview? I'm having mine next friday, a bit nervous and worry what are the question will be ask :???: . As i read thru the post for final interview it's pretty much some times ago. Any updates? I remember the recent one just being conducted in KL. Any tips anyone? Hehe..... Thanks in advance...

Cheers
Hi kon kon,

did you went for the 23rd oct water confidence test? I was there also. =) Anyway ill be going for the mgmt interview next fri. kinda nervous too =p

Cheerios

konkon

Post by konkon » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 8:50 am

zelixious,

Yes I did, which one are u? Hehe..... What time is your Friday session? I'm starting to worry what question they going to ask during the interview.

Cheers

jol

interview this coming 12 nov

Post by jol » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:10 am

hi ladies...,
anyone going for the upcoming SIA interview? any tips? dress code?,

jol :D

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:19 am

to all who will be going for the final interview,
i just had mine on the last recruitment at kl (5th oct) and it was pretty easy for me as the panels just asked me some questions regarding my family and my previous job.
so of them had some difficult q&a session.it all depends on the panels actually.what u have to prepare is to selt-equip with those relevant knowledge bout sia as well as bout yourself.definitely there'll be self-intro.if u were able to present it well so i guess shouldn't be any prob..
just smile and response well...then u gals will be manage to go tru...
all da best!!!!

Ika

Emirates Invitation

Post by Ika » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:03 pm

Hi ppl,

I was wondering if anyone else got an email invitation from Emirates for their upcoming Open Day walk in interview? :D

zelixious

Post by zelixious » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 2:05 pm

konkon wrote:zelixious,

Yes I did, which one are u? Hehe..... What time is your Friday session? I'm starting to worry what question they going to ask during the interview.

Cheers
konkon,

im the 3rd to jump in the pool, the one who's wearing a yellow top and leggings. heh you are? my fri interview will be at 845am. how bout yours?

konkon

Post by konkon » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 2:47 pm

Haha, I'm in front of you dear. Now I know who are u.... Hehe, what a coincidence. Mine is at 9.30am. All the best. You got any friends from SIA can give us tips ar?

Cheers :D

zelixious

Post by zelixious » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 4:26 pm

konkon wrote:Haha, I'm in front of you dear. Now I know who are u.... Hehe, what a coincidence. Mine is at 9.30am. All the best. You got any friends from SIA can give us tips ar?

Cheers :D
oh. my 6th sense is right. teehee. cuz i heard you saying you're from malaysia the other day so when i was reading thru the post i was thinking could it be you =)
hmm yup, ive got a friend currently flying. she ask me go read up SIA latest news. typical qns will be like why you wanna join us, what do you think are the roles of a cabin crew, do you think you've got what we want, tell them about yr previous job and why u wanna leave. there might be situational qns so it all depends.

good luck dear! cya on fri weet~

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 5:04 pm

Dear all,
i wonder usually what questions they’ll ask during 1-1 interview. I’ve read the previous post, all the questions they ask was quite similar to final interview… In this round, i mean 1-1 interview, whether is standing or sitting… :D
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Hi

Post by Plavt » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 6:04 pm

EddieJB wrote:Dear all,
i wonder usually what questions they’ll ask during 1-1 interview. I’ve read the previous post, all the questions they ask was quite similar to final interview… In this round, i mean 1-1 interview, whether is standing or sitting… :D
I wish I had a pound for every post I see asking this question, if you are in any way serious about applying for this job you can work it out for yourself.
Looking for given answers the way you are here will only be too obvious to the interviewers who will be looking for evidence that you can think for yourself!

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 7:18 pm

I second that. I fathom most people have lost patience in answering that question - 1 to 1 interview, what to wear, final round, 1st round - etc.

At the 1-1 interview stage, we are looking at communication skills and pop a scenario question to see how you react - basically testing communications and reaction skills with a brief check on your application form that catches our eye and your grooming in closer view. It all depends on luck or whether the Executive who is recruiting you is having a good day.

Please read through these 500 odd pages like the rest - All the possible questions I can think of are actually listed there. As nice as some of us are to keep repeating for your sake, most won't.

Have a cup of coffee, sit back and read :)

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 8:55 pm

i hope those who are really keen to become part of the cabin crew of sia do put some effort to go tru all the pages of airline careers as what i've seen was repeating questions from time to time..

just a recap for all:
1 to 1 interview is conducted in sitting ok..
just equip urself with details of current news of sia,urself,family,ur previous job and about customer service.

maddette

Greetings to everyone.

Post by maddette » Sat, 28 Oct 2006 5:35 pm

Hi there dudes & dudettes,

I'm really new to this forum. Came across it after I was trying to surf some information on SIA cabin crew.

I was just wondering, for the next walk-in interview. I understand that there would be 3 rounds. How long does it all takes if one passes all 3 rounds? For example, if I'm gonna be there at 9am, and make it thru' 3 rounds, I'd like to know how long would it take coz' I've got to report for work at 12.30pm.

And I've heard that SIA no longer takes models in?

Can somebody advise me? I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Cheers
-Mad