Singapore Expats

Anyone mind buying export set of hp at good price?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
kyosuke81

Anyone mind buying export set of hp at good price?

Post by kyosuke81 » Mon, 23 Oct 2006 6:37 pm

export set hp at vry good price , maybe even half price of what you get in hp shop but no warranty.Do you still buy it and y?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Anyone mind buying export set of hp at good price?

Post by ksl » Mon, 23 Oct 2006 7:01 pm

kyosuke81 wrote:export set hp at vry good price , maybe even half price of what you get in hp shop but no warranty.Do you still buy it and y?
Export products come normally with a one year guarantee, even if they have no office abroad, if there is no guarantee, then it is most likely made for the local market, with local warranty, and if you then export it, you would have to return it to Singapore for the warranty to take effect.

If you are saving half the price, which I don't think is possible, especially on HP products, unless you are talking about an outdated model, If it's a new model I would want to confirm, that the inside is still original, for the simple reason, that even though price fixing is illegal, it is still going on.

The mark up on components is not that great, and it is possible you may have to pay some import duty on it anyway, I would think twice about it, or at least try to discover, why it should be half price, there must be a reason, normally it's because of a demo version or old stock.

kyosuke81

Post by kyosuke81 » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:15 am

SO is it illeage to sell export set in spore?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 6:18 pm

kyosuke81 wrote:SO is it illeage to sell export set in spore?
No it is not illegal! Singapore is the hub for trading import & exports, but normally with guarantees, if there is no guarantee, I would be wondering why not? Becuase all goods come with factory guarantees of at least 1 year.

kyosuke81

Post by kyosuke81 » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:12 am

Thank for answer my doubts...by the way do u know how to get network or contact of local like retailer or distrubtor here in singapore as i doing import export in Handphones and game set.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:37 am

kyosuke81 wrote:Thank for answer my doubts...by the way do u know how to get network or contact of local like retailer or distrubtor here in singapore as i doing import export in Handphones and game set.
www.thegreenbook.com just search for what you need!

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 4:21 pm

The only reason you are not supposed to use export sets in Singapore is that they do not have the Singapore authority approval sticker. They work fine just aren't officially approved

kyosuke81

Post by kyosuke81 » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:45 am

Hi ,what abt PS3 as i got it from japan sony and is in international warranty , can i still sell it in local?Who will authority it if not?

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 2:25 pm

The aurthority i refered to governs all transmitting devices. 2 way radios hand phones etc.

PS3 is a game console i reckon. You can use what youi want.