Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:42 pm

shrapnel wrote:1.55m?u must be kidding me..one of my friend with the height of 1.57 was able to go tru till the water-confi check but she had been booted out as they weigh n measure her height again.
her height was being measured so many times but though she was lucky to get tru the first three rounds but with her insecure height she failed too...
so i guess for those who are a cm or 2 shorter than the min requirement (1.58m) just pray hard or as what sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi said-GROW TALLER..haha
Ooops my mistake..158cm Girls!!Sorry!! :P :P
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:54 pm

Here we go again with the issue over height, fact of the matter is SIA's website states;

Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height.

Although they did at one time according to some posters, ask you to reach a mark on the wall, do remember if you are below a certain height your arms won't be long enough, simple as that.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:57 pm

I guess this answers the question...Now do you all know why they have a height requirement?!?!... :-| :-| :-|
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

konkon

Post by konkon » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:25 am

Dear calvink,

I've got yout pm, but due to the reason i'm a newbie and yet met their requirement for pm, so i can't reply you.

I got thru all stages, left the final mgmt interview which will be on next friday. As per your queries, after the group & 1-1 interview, they will give you the dates for the water test. I got lucky as they got 3 different session so I pick Monday so i don't have to miss work as my company was close.

Anyway if you are going for the 12 Nov session, all the best ya!

Dear EddieJB,

Thanks for the support. I've got thru... are you going for the 12 Nov, you should go as normally session will not be conducted in JB. Don't miss out ya, as this round they are recruiting stewards too. Good luck!

Cheers

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:51 am

Thanks konkon..

Where are you from?..... Did u mention u were not from sg during the interview?

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:42 pm

Dear KonKon,
Congratulations to you, it wasn’t easy to go thru the final… As the comin intake, dun think will try coz exam is around the corner, hv to focus on it 1st. So, just work hard and wait for next year then… Anyway hope you perform very well on friday interview... Gud Luck... :D
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 2:27 pm

Actually what are the regional airlines that flies to Singapore...anyone can help?

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 4:47 pm

calvink wrote:Hmm.. was wondering should i go for the recruitment in SG...or just wait for them to open up in KL.....

Furthermore, i'm working the next day....
Dear calvink,

I would suggest u attend the Spore recruitment if u r really really wanted to b a crew. From what i know, the processiong is much more faster if the recruitment is conducted in Spore. Imagine all the resources & company is in Spore. Lots of my friends told me it's faster u r applying from Spore. In KL, u just gotta wait for a longer period of time 2 get things done.

Moreover, SIA is already known of it's slow processing, ie: keep ppl waiting everytime.

Consider carefully.

All the best ya..

Regards,
blizz

bLiss_

Post by bLiss_ » Tue, 24 Oct 2006 7:41 pm

hey!

Any idea of when SIA is going to conduct it's next recruitment in KL? anytime this year? or it's gonna be in 2007 ? i'm hoping to join SIA and wondering there will be an opening in KL soon, if not i suppose i'll travel down south. =) please keep me inform! thanks.

Guy24

Post by Guy24 » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:47 am

Local Flight Stewardesses/ Flight Stewards

We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic. (Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.
Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.

Interviews will be conducted on 12 November 2006 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:17 pm

How do i get to SHeraton Towers Hotel...Saw the map it is near Novena MRT Station. Is it within walking distance..or i stop there and take a taxi better...thanks

konkon

Post by konkon » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 2:34 pm

CalvinK, get to Newton station, is just 3 min walk away from Sheraton. Go to the ticket counter to ask coz i can't really remember is either Exit A or B is to Sheraton.

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:21 am

calvink wrote:How do i get to SHeraton Towers Hotel...Saw the map it is near Novena MRT Station. Is it within walking distance..or i stop there and take a taxi better...thanks
When you exit the gantry at Newton MRT Station, take the left exit with your back facing the control station. When you hit the next T-junction, take the escalator on the left. At the top of the escalator, you shall turn left, where the road and a bus stop is (if you turn right you'll walk into a huge green field). Turn right now, walk away from the bus stop and the hotel is less than 200m straight ahead.

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Need help

Post by blizz1209 » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 5:57 pm

Dear all,

Does any1 knows how long it takes for SIA to process the employment pass application? Does SIA immediately submit your application once you've mailed them the completed form?

Is any1 in tis situation or was previously in tis situation?

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Blizz

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 8:59 pm

Apparently, SIA is going over to Japan to recruit stewardess. Pretty Far.

Japanese Flight Stewardesses
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Japan. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
Japanese citizen
Age 25 years or below
Females who are at least 160cm in height
University graduate (only those who have graduated need apply)
High level of English proficiency
Good health and vision (use of contact lens is acceptable)