Singapore Expats

pte diploma in MDIS

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
siangz

pte diploma in MDIS

Post by siangz » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 1:38 pm

Hi, i know that SIA recruitment for air stewardess is very strict. :o But do they consider MDIS private diploma holder? as MDIS is a well established institute and allow students to go through proper training too. Is there any local air stewardess serving for SIA who graduated from MDIS? :-|

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 2:18 pm

don worry.. i know of someone who holds a mdis cert.. i am not sure if it is a diplom aor degree but i am sure it is of no prob.. as long as u carry urself well during the interviews.. do not worry ke.. all the best if u are going for an interview!! take care and hope my post helps u in anyway possible.. *cheers*

siangz

O.. THank U

Post by siangz » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 4:24 pm

:D thanks alot. when i heard that they will not entertain those pte dip, i felt so discourage and when i learnt this particular person mention that she didnt receive any invitation after revealing that she is a pte dip holder. but hopefully that will not happen again. thank. :wink:

vaney

Post by vaney » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 9:54 pm

hi.

if im not wrong, a pte. dip. frm mdis shld be fine since it's a reputable institution and also if u look under a section (i forgot which section) in the mdis website, you'll realise they have some special rebate only for SIA cabin crew and aircrew alliance members. Which means that i guess SIA recognise this institution since they might have crews going there for further studies too..

im not too sure tho. correct me if im wrong. :D

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 5:09 pm

I remember during the recruitment sessions 2 years till before the revision they only shortlisted the ones with a Polytechnic Diploma or higher. These private diplomas tended to be of dubious and credibility was at question. I remember candidates struggling with English from so called "established private institutes".

Nowadays since it is mass recruitment, as long as you have 5 O levels it should be fine.

Good luck.