Singapore Expats

"Service" for laptop

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
sydneymum

"Service" for laptop

Post by sydneymum » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 8:10 am

Hi,

My Toshiba laptop is a few years old and is perfectly ok for what I use if to, HOWEVER I am sure it needs an expert pair of eyes to check out if it is set up properly and working efficiently. Basically, my knowledge of computers is limited but I am sure my laptop is performing slower than it needs to.

Can anyone recommend a computer place that I can take it to for maintenance / service?

Thanks.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: "Service" for laptop

Post by ksl » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 1:21 am

sydneymum wrote:Hi,

My Toshiba laptop is a few years old and is perfectly ok for what I use if to, HOWEVER I am sure it needs an expert pair of eyes to check out if it is set up properly and working efficiently. Basically, my knowledge of computers is limited but I am sure my laptop is performing slower than it needs to.

Can anyone recommend a computer place that I can take it to for maintenance / service?

Thanks.
I would be careful leaving it with anyone, my wife took mine, in while i was away, charged her for a new hard disk, replaced it and kept mine. I know there was nothing wrong with my hard disk, before i went away, and iwas meaning to reformat it, on my return.

I lost all my data, by the time i got back from Europe, I was pretty well angry, when the guy said he didn't have it. No i'll bet he sold it on, after he formatted the disk. If you do take it in, i would ask to see what he is doing, so that you learn something.

sydneymum

Post by sydneymum » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:33 am

Wow! Thanks for that! Pretty scary thought. Especially as I have no idea!!! I could possibly even watch and still get duped! Hmm.. maybe I need to befriend a computer expert!

purpleventura

Re: "Service" for laptop

Post by purpleventura » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 2:00 pm

Looking at the sympton you described, your laptop is most likely infected with spyware, ad-ware (software). A cleaning up is necessary to bring the laptop back to its normal functional speed.

If you are interested, I can come on-site to perform the cleaning. Do email me at [email protected]

Thank you.
sydneymum wrote:Hi,

Thanks.