Singapore Expats

~~~ Upcoming Cabin Crew Interviews ~~~

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Ivanz

Post by Ivanz » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 1:21 am

Hi, i just noted that the Qatar Interview is this weekend. Is it a walk-in interview or we must reg beforehand on their website or write-in?

Any people any spare more info? when the ads was placed etc...

aquaworm

November Interview- as advertised in Jobsbd

Post by aquaworm » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 3:25 am

Flight Stewardess/ Steward JobsDB Ref: JDBS067709450
Ref:
Post Date: 10/18/2006

Minimum Working Experience: N/A Monthly Salary Range: Not Specified / Negotiable
Qualifications: O-Level Job Type: Full Time, Permanent

We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic. (Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training

If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits

Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION

If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form

Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.

Interviews will be conducted on 12 November 2006 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

**everyone can go again** :)

weissivart

Post by weissivart » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 7:11 am

hurrah!! 12th november is abit late though. was expecting it arnd this month.
dans un monde ideal l'humanite n'existerait pas

Susan_yuyu

Post by Susan_yuyu » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:45 am

Ivanz wrote:Hi, i just noted that the Qatar Interview is this weekend. Is it a walk-in interview or we must reg beforehand on their website or write-in?

Any people any spare more info? when the ads was placed etc...
Bring your cv along, as well as two photographs. One is the passport sized, the other one is full length.

Candidates can just walk-in without aforehand application online. And the day you go, you should dress up with bussiness style.

Good luck for everybody.
French! French! cheering up~~~~~~

weissivart

Post by weissivart » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 9:17 pm

haha, the SIA intake is still too far away in november leh... sianz
dans un monde ideal l'humanite n'existerait pas

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:06 pm

Dear all, anyone in here can tell me how to get to the Sheraton Singapore hotel... Beside MRT, what else i can reach there...
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

vaney

Re: Hi

Post by vaney » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:46 pm

EddieJB wrote:Dear all, anyone in here can tell me how to get to the Sheraton Singapore hotel... Beside MRT, what else i can reach there...

hi. u can also walk there from orchard's far east plaza. it's about a 5 to 10 mins walk. just keep walking straight down (away from CK Tang).

vaney

Post by vaney » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:09 pm

Hi..

Tiger Airways is recruiting again. Information as follow. :D

The Real Deal on a Unique Airline Opportunity

Singapore's most popular low fare airline, Tiger Airways is looking for individuals who want a unique career opportunity in our rapidly expanding network. Have you got what it takes to fly with us and get rewarded?

Role:

The role of a flight attendant (or cabin crew) is to anticipate the needs of all customers. He or she is also responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the passengers. Having the natural ability to communicate with people and being able to serve in a friendly and pleasant manner is vital.

Requirements:

Every new flight attendant will be provided with comprehensive training in in-flight services and safety & evacuation procedures. However to qualify for this opportunity, you will need to meet the following criteria:

• Minimum height of 1.58m (females) and 1.65m (males)
• Minimum age of 18 years
• Minimum four N-Levels or equivalent
• Good command of spoken and written English

Work Location:

Based in Singapore

Interviews:

Interviews will be conducted on 28 October 2006 at:

Asian Centre for Professional Excellence (ACPE)
61 Robinson Road
#17-01 Robinson Centre
Singapore 068893

Registration from 10.00am to 4.00pm

This recruitment exercise is also open to males who have completed their NS.

There is no bond at all for this job.

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:18 pm

Suddenly there're so many cabin crew recruitment again. Just wondering if anyone here knows, beside the airlines that have been discussed so far, what are the other international airlines that hire Singaporean cabin crew?

Those that I'm aware of include SIA (and also Silkair, Jetstar, Tiger), Qatar, Emirates, United, BA and JAL.

irin

Post by irin » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 1:16 am

lindyhoppe wrote:Suddenly there're so many cabin crew recruitment again. Just wondering if anyone here knows, beside the airlines that have been discussed so far, what are the other international airlines that hire Singaporean cabin crew?

Those that I'm aware of include SIA (and also Silkair, Jetstar, Tiger), Qatar, Emirates, United, BA and JAL.
UA does employ sg based crews. :)

JJW

Tiger

Post by JJW » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 9:23 pm

this
Last edited by JJW on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:37 pm

irin wrote:
lindyhoppe wrote:Suddenly there're so many cabin crew recruitment again. Just wondering if anyone here knows, beside the airlines that have been discussed so far, what are the other international airlines that hire Singaporean cabin crew?

UA does employ sg based crews. :)
Do note that some airlines do employ Singaporeans but they may not have a base in Singapore. Qatar and Emirates do not have a base here.

vaney

Re: Tiger

Post by vaney » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 9:34 pm

JJW wrote:Hi Veney

You posted that there is Tiger interview open on 28/10.

Where did you get that advert. is it a walk in?

Hi. i got it from a singapore recruitment website.
www.reddot.sg

I think they;re recruiting on tiger airway's behalf. anyway, i think it's a walk-in cuz they mentioned registration is frm 10 am to 4pm at robinson centre. :D

ps: i forgot to mention this in the previous post but pls remember to visit the website and download the registration form under tiger airways recruitment to help facilitate registration on that day.

good luck. :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 9:58 pm

Have a look at this from the site mentioned above by Vaney;

http://www.reddot.sg/job_opportunities.html#3

Plavt.

JJW

HI Vaney

Post by JJW » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:01 pm

Wt
Last edited by JJW on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.