Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 9:50 pm

i was pretty surprise with the outcome..perhaps the interview conducted at m'sia and Singapore is slightly different.
i've to say that in m'sia sia conduct the interview quite easy going and it's easy for us to pass too..

cowie

Post by cowie » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:07 pm

hmm.. i manage to pass till e swimming round..
now waitin for their email to notify mi when is the next round..

i heard that only 100++ girls manage to reach to the water confidence test.. but i'm not too sure how true..

my group got from JAL one aso didn't make it through first round..

really dunno wat r they actually lookin for..

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:29 pm

shrapnel wrote:i was pretty surprise with the outcome..perhaps the interview conducted at m'sia and Singapore is slightly different.
i've to say that in m'sia sia conduct the interview quite easy going and it's easy for us to pass too..
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... E_5206.jsp
"City of Ang3Ls"

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:15 am

ethel wrote:I think their quota this few rounds maybe rather low as they seem to be having interviews almost every month. My friend went for the inteview on Sunday as well she said in her group, all failed as well. And she also mentioned that in her group, there were a few pretty gals and 1 was from Silkair but failed too...
wow, i'm pretty sure its much stringent in other countries or like someoone said they've enough quotas :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

aquaworm

SIA recruitment in November- as advertised in Jobsdb

Post by aquaworm » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 3:23 am

Flight Stewardess/ Steward Jobs DB Ref: JDBS067709450

Post Date: 10/18/2006

Minimum Working Experience: N/A
Monthly Salary Range: Not Specified / Negotiable
Qualifications: O-Level Job Type: Full Time, Permanent

We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic. (Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training

If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits

Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION

If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form

Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.

Interviews will be conducted on 12 November 2006 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

**everyone can try again** :)

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 8:30 am

guess they are too strict and now they have to have another round of recruitment to meet their quota..
which is good.. anothher chance for everyone.. :D

hey.. can anyone share wat are the questions that they ask for the management round?

konkon

Post by konkon » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 8:52 am

I got thru the interview on Sunday, my water confidence test is on 23rd Oct, can someone please tell me how to get to the CLC @ changi :???: ? A map or something or public transport route? Thanks!

Cheers!! :D

mayfair

Post by mayfair » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:47 am

Me too on Monday!
anyone went for 18th October's? Please share the procedure and elimination rate...Thankyou in advance!

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 3:14 pm

cowie wrote:hmm.. i manage to pass till e swimming round..
now waitin for their email to notify mi when is the next round..

i heard that only 100++ girls manage to reach to the water confidence test.. but i'm not too sure how true..

my group got from JAL one aso didn't make it through first round..

really dunno wat r they actually lookin for..
Which group were you in? I was in group 21 and the JAL girl in my group got through but I'm not sure until which round. Surprising they're recruiting yet again in Nov...

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 3:50 pm

as for the mgmt round,it's an in depth interview which the panels will shoot u some ques such as:
1)tell me more bout urself n ur family
2)ur current jobs

i've been asked bout my family and that's it!!!!!kinda easy for me and i'm glad that the two panels were indeed very friendly and nice to me.
most importantnsly,smile n dun get nervous ya...all da best!!!

p3i86

Post by p3i86 » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 8:05 pm

i was in group 20...got in the 1st rd and got booted out the kebaya fitting rd...i wonder whats wrong...because the few other gals frm my group tt went in kebaya rd looks definitely fine to me...was wondering whether should i go for the coming recruitment...

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 9:22 pm

dear p3i86,
i guess there's no wrong to have another try though u've been booted out during the kebaya session on ur 1st try..
perhaps u might be able to go tru all the rounds for the coming recruitment rite..who knows!maybe u're a lil lack of luck during tat day and here comes the golden opportunity for u to have a second try!!
i'll always say 'YES' to all the applicants who doubt to try again due to the failure they encontered b4...go for it!do not have any doubt!!!

love,
shrapnel

p3i86

Post by p3i86 » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 9:26 pm

Thanks ya alot...hope i got the luck the coming one....lets work towards it...Wish all luck too!!

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 9:42 pm

shrapnel wrote:dear p3i86,
i guess there's no wrong to have another try though u've been booted out during the kebaya session on ur 1st try..
perhaps u might be able to go tru all the rounds for the coming recruitment rite..who knows!maybe u're a lil lack of luck during tat day and here comes the golden opportunity for u to have a second try!!
i'll always say 'YES' to all the applicants who doubt to try again due to the failure they encontered b4...go for it!do not have any doubt!!!

love,
shrapnel

Do they truly keep records of how many times you've tried? Or would they ask somewhere along the interview process?

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:03 pm

Don't give up yet. Keep trying! :D You never know you may just get in this time round. Stay positive and remember to do your homework. I'm going for this round. If you want some experience, go for other airlines' interviews and see how some of the ladies do it.