Singapore Expats

How to remove visible scars!

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
jo22

How to remove visible scars!

Post by jo22 » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 6:51 pm

Hi,
I have a very sentative skin. Whenever i get biten by an insect or mosquito, it will leave a dark patch of scar on my hands/legs. Anyone knows what can helps to lighten or remove the scar?
Life is how you want it to be.

joodz

Post by joodz » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:34 pm

natural way maybe try to take less dark soy sauce.. tts wad mother always says.. (: alternatively, u can use products to help u lighten it. i read somewhere, scar gel doesnt really work. u can try taking products that lifts immune system and cell activity. they promote wound and scar healing. if you have the cash, you can simply go for laser, but laser is expensive and your skin will be more sensitive after that due to skin peeling. some products good can be immune 6, or you can eat more fruits like oranges lor. (: i have lots of scar on legs also. but getting better lah, cos i also have ezcema. scars are unsightly.

hrj

Post by hrj » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 1:06 pm

i was introduced to a lightening essence by another forum friend.
it helps me in lightening my scars on leg from my skin beautician.

you can write to her at [email protected]

jo22

Post by jo22 » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 6:05 pm

hrj wrote:i was introduced to a lightening essence by another forum friend.
it helps me in lightening my scars on leg from my skin beautician.

you can write to her at [email protected]
Tks. So how much was the lightening essence prescribed to you and how long does it last? Last but not least, after using for how long then u can see visble effect?

mrsmonkie
Regular
Regular

Post by mrsmonkie » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:40 pm

I have been using Vitamin E cream from the chemist for two dark scars I got in my chest area :x

For a small tube it cost me $18.00 which is cheap....its working slowly but it wasn't instantly noticeable. I guess the postive thing is that its much cheaper and painless compared to laser. :)

acm54

Post by acm54 » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:48 am

It is better to prevent scar from developing than trying to lessen the scar effect after scar is formed.

A friend shared with me that Aloe Vera can help healing process and prevent scar from developing. She often uses a lip balm that contains aloe vera to apply on any bites or cuts.

Aloe Vera gel is a mixture of antibiotic, astringent, coagulating agent, pain inhibitor, cell growth stimulator and scar inhibitor. It contains a total of 70 "essential ingredients" including most vitamins including B12, minerals, enzymes, protein and amino acids.

if you often get bitten by insects, you may want to check out with her. You may email her at [email protected]. Hope this helps.

jo22

Post by jo22 » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 9:22 pm

acm54 wrote:It is better to prevent scar from developing than trying to lessen the scar effect after scar is formed.

A friend shared with me that Aloe Vera can help healing process and prevent scar from developing. She often uses a lip balm that contains aloe vera to apply on any bites or cuts.

Aloe Vera gel is a mixture of antibiotic, astringent, coagulating agent, pain inhibitor, cell growth stimulator and scar inhibitor. It contains a total of 70 "essential ingredients" including most vitamins including B12, minerals, enzymes, protein and amino acids.

if you often get bitten by insects, you may want to check out with her. You may email her at [email protected]. Hope this helps.

Hi acm54,
Tks for the info. Do you know her and I would like to know her occupation, is she a doctor or....etc before i actually email her. Tks a lot. :)

verityy

Re: How to remove visible scars!

Post by verityy » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:46 pm

jo22 wrote:Hi,
I have a very sentative skin. Whenever i get biten by an insect or mosquito, it will leave a dark patch of scar on my hands/legs. Anyone knows what can helps to lighten or remove the scar?
My friend also had similar problem. Also, he is already 43 years old and he says that his waist line also has some black patches due to wearing pants. Ever since he used this bath gel that I introduced him, his scars have lightened and even his wrinkles are greatly reduced.

franchy
Regular
Regular

Try dead sea mud masks

Post by franchy » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 1:51 pm

They detoxify and also have a whitening effect. Dead sea products are good for problematic skin, scars etc... 100% natural.

verityy

Re: Try dead sea mud masks

Post by verityy » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 2:58 pm

franchy wrote:They detoxify and also have a whitening effect. Dead sea products are good for problematic skin, scars etc... 100% natural.
Hahaha.. noticed you are a deep sea product fan ;)

xiao_ding_dang

Post by xiao_ding_dang » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 3:43 pm

take vit c & zinc, zinc helps to repair damage skin is very gd for healing mark and scar.
Xiao_Ding_Dang

heehee

Re: Try dead sea mud masks

Post by heehee » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 10:49 pm

verityy wrote:
franchy wrote:They detoxify and also have a whitening effect. Dead sea products are good for problematic skin, scars etc... 100% natural.
Hahaha.. noticed you are a deep sea product fan ;)
Hi Verityy

I have this same problem.i have dark lines on my waistline. i think its due to wearing pants/skirts that are too tight. can u share with me on what u recommended to your friend? I have dark lines on my neck too.tried scrubbing but to no avail, wondered if its bcos i m fat?

sjlemon

Tips for Beautiful Skin

Post by sjlemon » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:43 am

Skin Care

1. Be very aware of what is in skincare products. Use products that are all natural as much as possible.

2. Look for products that contain Dermal Surface Renewal Technology. DSR smoothes away existing signs of aging such as laugh lines, crows feet, and dullness.

3. Use products that have regenisomes. Regenisomes penetrate the skin to speed cell renewal after sun exposure. They also use the light of photosomes to undo sun damage, and have ultrasomes to renew skin while sleeping.

4. Find products with Proteo-C and Proflavonol-T. These two vitamins protect the skin from premature aging caused by the sun, pollution, and other environmental factors. They also provide advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.

5. If possible, use products that are paraben free. Parabens are synthetic chemical preservatives that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants

6. Drink plenty of water! Water hydrates skin and hair as well as flushes toxins out of the body.

7. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find that stress reliever activity that works best and use it on a daily basis!

tq
lemon :)
Last edited by sjlemon on Wed, 12 Sep 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

candall
Regular
Regular

Vitamin E or Aloe Vera for scars

Post by candall » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 1:46 pm

hi

personally have tried topical vit E and aloe vera for scars, helps a great deal!
but patience required.3-4 weeks.

down loads of water, i mean really a lot! gallons if u can! take redoxon vit C + zinc or a supplements take aid in wound healing...
no side effects just green eyes for your super glowing skin all over!

splendioria

Bio-oil

Post by splendioria » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 6:40 am

XXX
Last edited by splendioria on Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.