Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:17 pm

dear all,
there's an open gollden chance just in front of u..so donot have any doubt and go for it!!!!!!!!if fail,make it as a stepping stone to success in the next intake..
one of friend tried for 7 times and at last..she finally made it tru!!!be confi n natural as the way u r now..never give up so easily alrite though i know it's a lil sickening of waiting...
good luck to all who's trying and all da best!!
REMEMBER TO SMILE..SMILE..SMILE.. :D

wendy_11

Post by wendy_11 » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 3:10 pm

hey shrapnel, thanks alot! =) its nt really abt wanting to go now, but more of whether i can; due to my upcoming exams.. yup. e days for interviews will definitely fall within my exam period, so ya.. thanks though!
cheers, and good luck to all!
P.S. as many have said before, really think it through, if this is what u want.. think abt e aft-being-a-FA part too ya... ur future..

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:28 pm

jo22 wrote:

Hi charlene_yy. What do you mean by lines on your neck? Can you elaborate?
erms i don't know how to describe, jus lines around my neck :S

i'm so exicted for the interview tomorrow! good luck to everyone, best of luck! :)

ryonswee19

Re: hello everyone!

Post by ryonswee19 » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:10 am

jo22 wrote:
ryonswee19 wrote:
jo22 wrote:
ryonswee19, my skin also not perfect :(. We can meet up and go together?
Calvink, thaks for ur encourage.

Jo22,actually i have tried SIA for times..yet never success.only able to get thru to the second interview. feel despair n not much cofidence to try it again. Struggling... should i go for it at this time,yet scared of failure. My problems is my pores...even i use liquid foundation trying to cover it,but still visible.So,tats the reason i dare not to take up the challeng again. I think blemishes better,coz concealer able to cover it.

So Jo22.u have decided to go for the interview on coming sunday?

ryonswee19. To be Frank, actually i am lack of courage. Been wanting to go for the interview but everytime i back off the last min. So this time, i was hoping to have clicks to go together to encourage one another. Wanna go?
Jo22, i m so sorry never give u any reply upon i m not going for the interview today, my home internet access was down last whole day. So how was ur interview going on? I really wish u all the best n i hope u can get in smoothly. Have u ever try Emirates?

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 2:08 pm

Actually, is there a difference between budget and low cost airline...

as well as regional airline....thanks

endlssorrow

Post by endlssorrow » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 9:18 pm

Hi all,
i would like to ask this:
i'm 23 yrs old guy holding DIP.
i would like to know what's the diff btw cabin crew and cabine stewardess and flight attendant. Though i have gone through some of the threads, but any1 mind explain in short?
most importantly, what's the requirments to be enlist? (ht,wt,eyeslight,etc)
thanks!

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 9:55 pm

endlssorrow wrote:Hi all,
i would like to ask this:
i'm 23 yrs old guy holding DIP.
i would like to know what's the diff btw cabin crew and cabine stewardess and flight attendant. Though i have gone through some of the threads, but any1 mind explain in short?
most importantly, what's the requirments to be enlist? (ht,wt,eyeslight,etc)
thanks!
cabin crew consists of male n female? CABIN stewardess means female?
basically it's all the same.

I think if you are really interested in trying this position, you might want to read the previous posts on the REQUIREMENTS and the website of the various airlines also have information on what is the required height weight as well as to have normal EYESIGHT. please look through the respective threads and the airlines website for more information.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:29 pm

Cabin crew applies to both male and female... i dont think there is such word as cabin stewardess...unless its flight steward/stewardess....

Different airline have different requirement though.....

endlssorrow

Post by endlssorrow » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 8:00 am

i find it most only state e requirments for ladies but not for guys. any1 got the latest links to share? thanks!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:00 am

endlssorrow wrote:i find it most only state e requirments for ladies but not for guys. any1 got the latest links to share? thanks!
the requirements are mostly the same for ladies and men. the only difference would be the height.
"City of Ang3Ls"

missphish

Re: hello everyone!

Post by missphish » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:32 am

ryonswee19 wrote:
jo22 wrote:
ryonswee19 wrote: Calvink, thaks for ur encourage.

Jo22,actually i have tried SIA for times..yet never success.only able to get thru to the second interview. feel despair n not much cofidence to try it again. Struggling... should i go for it at this time,yet scared of failure. My problems is my pores...even i use liquid foundation trying to cover it,but still visible.So,tats the reason i dare not to take up the challeng again. I think blemishes better,coz concealer able to cover it.

So Jo22.u have decided to go for the interview on coming sunday?

ryonswee19. To be Frank, actually i am lack of courage. Been wanting to go for the interview but everytime i back off the last min. So this time, i was hoping to have clicks to go together to encourage one another. Wanna go?
Jo22, i m so sorry never give u any reply upon i m not going for the interview today, my home internet access was down last whole day. So how was ur interview going on? I really wish u all the best n i hope u can get in smoothly. Have u ever try Emirates?
Jo22, so did you try the interview in the end? honestly, u never know what the end result will be until u give it a try so i hope u went for the interview in the end and get thru it..

missphish

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 6:14 pm

Any1 mind sharing how's the latest walk-in interview with SIA? How was the response like for that day?

crewbe

Post by crewbe » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 1:46 am

from what i heard about other candidates, the turnout was actually quite bad.i have not come accross any candidates that pass through all three rounds yets, wonder if there are any here.

i went for the interview at abt 8.30am, there were like already 50 candidates theres. i am the first girl in group 6. after watching some videos we were then brought o a room with 2 female interviewers. my group was in the panel 3. we were told do do a self introduction and why we want to be a cabin crew. but sadly all the 10 of us failed the interview, none of us make through to the 2nd round. i thought that the interviewer were actually quite strict coz a gal in my grp was actually quite pretty, had a nice smile and even mention that she could speak jap during the introduction. me and my friend were quite shocked that even she did not make it. when having through the interview session, the interviews were actually smiling and keep nodding their head. think all of us were quite sad abt the outcome. as for my frens in the other grp, some made trough the first session but fail the 2nd or 3rd session. i wonder how many caandidates they actually selected for the swimming test this time?? hmzz...

ethel

Post by ethel » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 5:18 pm

I think their quota this few rounds maybe rather low as they seem to be having interviews almost every month. My friend went for the inteview on Sunday as well she said in her group, all failed as well. And she also mentioned that in her group, there were a few pretty gals and 1 was from Silkair but failed too...

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 8:41 pm

Got an email that SIA is going to open up recruitment for guys ONLY in mid November...

KL date has not been set yet....