Singapore Expats

Food business

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
merry

Food business

Post by merry » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 3:11 pm

Would like to do food business. e.g. Korean kimchi, rice cake. The taste is nice. Is there any idea on how to start the business?

carinohaven

hey

Post by carinohaven » Mon, 11 Sep 2006 4:04 pm

how much capital do you have

badspf

Re: Food business

Post by badspf » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:48 pm

merry wrote:Would like to do food business. e.g. Korean kimchi, rice cake. The taste is nice. Is there any idea on how to start the business?
reg a biz with the government
apply a food license
then rent a place to start

Cafe Man

Post by Cafe Man » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 1:14 am

merry wrote:Would like to do food business. e.g. Korean kimchi, rice cake. The taste is nice. Is there any idea on how to start the business?
Give me a call , i am opening my second Cafe outlet in November, looking for ppl to come and join us with their specialites food.

mobile 81809858

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:02 am

The taste may well be nice, but can you make money? I have a very good idea how to start business, selling food & beverage, and the potential to make money is good, but careful planning is required to choose the correct location, and one must be passionate about the job, that's not for me! I believe I know what i am good at, and that is making money for those with passion.

Quite often someone will say to me, well you have all these ideas, but you never do anything about them, it is quite true, that one must have the passion to see it through to the end.

Identifying strengths & weaknesses is what it's all about, there are hundreds of people that have the drive, to do a job, yet, they lack the business accume to make it successful, money for me is not the motivating factor that drives my daily life, helping others succeed is.

My wife always says to me, your imagination is unbelievable, you are like a walking cinema, your mind is always working, it's true, to such an extent, that, washing dishes, or doing manual hard physical labour is my only source of refuge.

May be I'm destined to become a business consultant, (part time) because my passion for life is to enjoy my life, having spent my 40 years learning the hard way, I have basically retired, although my mind has not. So I am but a sparring partner for the ones with a passion to succeed.

It's kind of like a boxing trainer, where one is not directly involved in the fight to win, but one can stand back and observe possible mistakes, that may be happening, and give the advice that is needed, to turn the fight around.

Food business is not only about making nice food! it's about satisfying the wants and needs of people? Think about that, more than the food! Why do people go to the hawker centre to eat, and some go to five star hotels, and don't say because they have the money to do it, because they are only half trueths, even very rich men eat in hawker centres, and not always because the food is nice.

Think about your project a little more, and aim to satisfy some customer wants and needs, besides hunger, I don't think there are many starving people here in Singapore, and good food is plentiful, so you need to think of your target customer, and design your food, for those, that may be interested, and give them a little more than just food, a better experience, or better service, make them want to return, not just for food, but for the atmosphere.