Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 08 Oct 2006 8:45 pm

calvink wrote:Hi bellakoh...my advice to you is...complete your studies first...at least u can still fall back on your diploma/degree to source for a job should you find cabin crew is not what you wanted...

alwiz have a back up plan..... i presume that you are from the east side....

though the arrival of A340 has been delayed again, im pretty sure they will open up their recruitment anytime soon.....
SIA is operating a few of A340s at the moment :)
"City of Ang3Ls"

Bellakoh

Thanks for the advices

Post by Bellakoh » Sun, 08 Oct 2006 9:35 pm

Hi, Thanks a lot for all advices.
Anyway, I'm only afraid they will not be mass recruiting next year.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.Hopefully the delayed of A380 till next year will lead to more crews in need.
Will they actually wait for one to graduate before the training starts?I will be able to collect my degree cert only on next year Aug.But would like to give the interview a try if SIA is recruiting early next year.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:35 pm

I have a question here....

Is there anyone would willing be FULLY COMMIT to the contract duration up to five years.......

nipnip22

Post by nipnip22 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 7:56 pm

Hi realised there're quite a number of ex or current cabin crew here. Can I enquire if someone can detail how the skin checks on the face, neck and hands are done? Do they scrutinise them at close range? Cause I don't have perfect skin. :(
Cheers,
Nip

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 8:53 pm

dear nipnip22,
i've gone tru every stages and the skin check is held during kebaya session where there's two spotlight shimmering right at ur face..u have to tie up ur hair n took off necklace,bracelet n etc.the panels wont scrutinise ur face thoroughly.they'll ask u to stand on a spot where they'll going to evaluate u ...just conceal any birth mark or scars.good luck ya!!!anyway,make up does wonders!!!!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:15 pm

shrapnel wrote:dear nipnip22,
i've gone tru every stages and the skin check is held during kebaya session where there's two spotlight shimmering right at ur face..u have to tie up ur hair n took off necklace,bracelet n etc.the panels wont scrutinise ur face thoroughly.they'll ask u to stand on a spot where they'll going to evaluate u ...just conceal any birth mark or scars.good luck ya!!!anyway,make up does wonders!!!!!

Hi sharpnel,

Does this check apply to the males as well?Because you said the skin check is held during the kebaya session and the males don't wear the kebaya so they'll skip that round..Sooo,when do they check the males?

:)
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:17 pm

hmmm
for those who are worried about the skin check..
I would advise that u conceal ur freckles, pimples, scars or wadever dark spots which u have on ur face or even neck..make up really does wonders...
my skin check was conducted during kebaya and swim rd...
i would suggest that u apply waterproof makeup/concealer....

as for guys..skin check is conducted during swimming rd bah?

BUT, apart from these rds, pls stay composed and well groomed still...
im sure interviewers will check on us at ALL times......

i feel that the whole package counts...and u will put in the effort if ure really interested in joining SIA..

perfect skin is not necessary though, but not so so bad skin too....
SIA have girls who have rather uneven skin.....but they are still training in STC now...
so yah...i strongly believe that it consists of many many other factors....basically the whole package of u.............

***SIA is very particular about proper grooming....

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:04 am

ntyj wrote:hmmm
for those who are worried about the skin check..
I would advise that u conceal ur freckles, pimples, scars or wadever dark spots which u have on ur face or even neck..make up really does wonders...
my skin check was conducted during kebaya and swim rd...
i would suggest that u apply waterproof makeup/concealer....

as for guys..skin check is conducted during swimming rd bah?

BUT, apart from these rds, pls stay composed and well groomed still...
im sure interviewers will check on us at ALL times......

i feel that the whole package counts...and u will put in the effort if ure really interested in joining SIA..

perfect skin is not necessary though, but not so so bad skin too....
SIA have girls who have rather uneven skin.....but they are still training in STC now...
so yah...i strongly believe that it consists of many many other factors....basically the whole package of u.............

***SIA is very particular about proper grooming....
"mei you" skin check ba jie jie :D i mean its not so stringent for the guys, they won't look that close. but tattoos and body proportion is very important for the guys, as you have to unofficially do a catwalk towards the interviewer for them to have a look at your skin.
well groomed is a MUST!! :wink: and its that million dollar smile that counts
"City of Ang3Ls"

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:51 am

i alwiz believe if you have an endearing personality that makes ppl feel happy and warm whenever your're there.....regardless of you have perfect skin or not....you alwiz win ppl's heart in some way.....

in every interview..cabin crew or not....u just have to sell yourself more into convincing them in believing u that you're the one for them..... depends on how u talk as well ..in some way

zura09

Braces

Post by zura09 » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 9:36 am

singaporegrrl wrote:A friend of mine in SilkAir Batch 63 was interviewing with her braces. She informed the interviewers that she'd get her braces taken off very soon. So it won't effect your interview in any way as long as you can get your braces off before you start training.
Thanks SingaporeGrl For your advise. Do appreciate it alot..:)

nipnip22

Post by nipnip22 » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 7:08 pm

shrapnel wrote:dear nipnip22,
Thank you for the feedback! Wow looks like thick make-up is necessary for people like me who have not-so-perfect skin. Hope that helps...
Cheers,
Nip

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:26 pm

dear nipnip21,
it's alrite to put a slightly heavy make up on tat day..no prob but be natural..wish u all da best!!!!!

jo22

hello everyone!

Post by jo22 » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 6:27 pm

Hi there,
Anyone joining SIA this intake on this Sunday? :)
Life is how you want it to be.

ryonswee19

Re: hello everyone!

Post by ryonswee19 » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:33 pm

jo22 wrote:Hi there,
Anyone joining SIA this intake on this Sunday? :)
Planning to...but yet afraid of it. No confidence in skin check.. :( think SIA only want the girls with flawless skin..

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:52 pm

ryonswee... go for it la....not every time they will open up ....