Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 8:06 pm

but diploma still qualify wat...how come ur fren being booted out??? :roll:

wilz444

Post by wilz444 » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 8:59 pm

niennaanarion wrote:not really.. doesnt mean if they called you means SIA checked it..

cuz a friend on my batch got booted out because she doesnt have a bachelor degree.. AFTER she passed the tea party, and they didnt know that because they checked all the papers but because she accidentally asked a question about that.. and when they found out she only has diploma and not bachelor.. they booted her out.. thats soo mean.. i mean thats someone's dream they messin around. they didnt even check it properly.. she got shortlisted she passed all the rounds.

this happened in indonesia btw..
Now that is exacty what I'm afraid of. But yarh, Diploma should be alright, met the minimum requirement already~ It's weird that they still booted your friend out. Oh well, whatever it is, i guess luck plays a role, let's just see how things go then. Cheers~
Regards,
-W-

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 9:08 pm

wilz444 wrote:
niennaanarion wrote:not really.. doesnt mean if they called you means SIA checked it..

cuz a friend on my batch got booted out because she doesnt have a bachelor degree.. AFTER she passed the tea party, and they didnt know that because they checked all the papers but because she accidentally asked a question about that.. and when they found out she only has diploma and not bachelor.. they booted her out.. thats soo mean.. i mean thats someone's dream they messin around. they didnt even check it properly.. she got shortlisted she passed all the rounds.

this happened in indonesia btw..
Now that is exacty what I'm afraid of. But yarh, Diploma should be alright, met the minimum requirement already~ It's weird that they still booted your friend out. Oh well, whatever it is, i guess luck plays a role, let's just see how things go then. Cheers~

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:43 pm

Blancd,

I read. It's sad. Not to mention frther in details, She's been very judgemental in personal, picking on english terms and everything. Well, I guess we'll just let it be. Cos' the matter might turn worst, cos we're all fellow colleagues in the future afterall. Further discussions and arguments will cause more misunderstanding. Let's just hope she understands too.

don't pm me le la~!

heh.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:07 pm

The problem may lie in her being an Indonesian. Unless a Singaporean or Malaysian, one needs at least a University Degree to join SIA as a cabin crew.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Tue, 03 Oct 2006 9:49 pm

yea for indonesian we have to be university graduate to be able to apply..

but the thing is.. university graduate as a requirement is not really very clear.. u know what i mean.. when i read it i do think they mean minimal bachelor degree, but to some people may not..

cuz a diploma is still university graduate in indo, diploma doesnt mean u graduated in college.. u know what i mean?coz a lot of uni in indonesia offers diploma and bachelor.

we have D1 which means diploma 1 = 1 year of study
D2 = 2 years of study
D3 = 3 years of study
S1 = 3,5 - 7 years of study

shouldve just put minimal of bachelor degree as the requirements..
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:01 pm

btw just a quick question..
is it possible to do other jobs besides SIA.. nothing like partnership and stuff like that.. just modelling, its whenever, its unbonding, it doesnt require everyday attendance. is it possible to do that while im with SIA later on?thanks a bunch
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

wilz444

Post by wilz444 » Wed, 04 Oct 2006 8:51 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:The problem may lie in her being an Indonesian. Unless a Singaporean or Malaysian, one needs at least a University Degree to join SIA as a cabin crew.
Thank you singaporegrrl for clearing my doubt. And all the best to those going for management interview tomorrow. :)
Regards,
-W-

newsalem_13

Post by newsalem_13 » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:14 am

hi blizz1209

sorry for the late reply. I just got my call yesterday that i would start my training on the 26th of October. Some of my friends have not received any calls yet so dun worry.

hope u receive the call soon and if u did when do u start?

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:54 am

During training, can I apply for leave, say half day or even a few hours off? Cuz I have a test on a Sat, and apparently now Sat also has training. Please help. Thanks.

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:54 pm

during training no leave or mc can be taken else you got to join another later batch :)

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 6:45 pm

escada girl,

i think its better for you to call them and let them know.. no one here can help you with the information. i bet they'll understand or put you in later batch or something. you have to let them know to really know about the situation and what you have to do.

gluck girl..

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

amirinc

A380 Delayed

Post by amirinc » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 9:41 pm

Hey hey..am sure you guys have heard that the airbus is gonna be delayed....Yet another nervous wait...will it affect the new batches that are coming in. handed in my resignation yest for my current job...just worried they might KIV the new batches...oh gosh...One after another ya pips...its sure one helluva roller coaster ride and the best thing is training have not even started he he he....Any way for pips who have asked whether i am male or female..i am male :)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: A380 Delayed

Post by blancD » Fri, 06 Oct 2006 1:10 am

amirinc wrote:Hey hey..am sure you guys have heard that the airbus is gonna be delayed....Yet another nervous wait...will it affect the new batches that are coming in. handed in my resignation yest for my current job...just worried they might KIV the new batches...oh gosh...One after another ya pips...its sure one helluva roller coaster ride and the best thing is training have not even started he he he....Any way for pips who have asked whether i am male or female..i am male :)
nah don't think so, dont worry too much. probably just affect the new intakes? they might be more stringent again!
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Congrats!

Post by koko77 » Fri, 06 Oct 2006 1:25 am

Let's give an applause to blancD. Welcome him to the big family. I hope to see you soon man~!

La la. Thing is, we might not be able to join the same batch!

But.... nevertheless, I'll may see you onboard!!!

woooohooo... Good job!