Singapore Expats

Fridge-to-go brand wine cooler, advise and comments needed.

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
acez2

Fridge-to-go brand wine cooler, advise and comments needed.

Post by acez2 » Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:06 pm

Hi Everyone, I recently saw this cooler product call Fridge-to-go at Tangs.
It claims that it could chill a luke warm wine in 2 hrs without any ice and battery. And the cooler can maintain coldness 6 to 8hrs long.

This is amazing and unbelievable to me. Therefore I would like to check is there any member here owns a Fridge-to-go product and to verify about the effectiveness before I'm going to one myself and one for my friend as a gift.

edited by sms to delete the link 00:14 13/10/06

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Fridge-to-go brand wine cooler, advise and comments need

Post by ksl » Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:38 pm

acez2 wrote:Hi Everyone, I recently saw this cooler product call Fridge-to-go at Tangs.
It claims that it could chill a luke warm wine in 2 hrs without any ice and battery. And the cooler can maintain coldness 6 to 8hrs long.

This is amazing and unbelievable to me. Therefore I would like to check is there any member here owns a Fridge-to-go product and to verify about the effectiveness before I'm going to one myself and one for my friend as a gift.
This is very unlikely indeed! and it looks more like one of the bags, you pack ice in, then put the wine in, and still it wouldn't last 6 to 8 hours, however it may last 2hrs

However it would probably cool a wine to room temp, and maintain this temp for a much longer period, 6 to 8 hrs in the shade maybe. But this would not chill your wine, without using ice.

The ice will probably keep for quite a while, although it does become heavy if you have to carry it around.

The mobile fridge on wheels is much better, holds 50ltrs and it can run off car battery

acez2

Post by acez2 » Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:06 pm

This is very unlikely indeed! and it looks more like one of the bags, you pack ice in, then put the wine in, and still it wouldn't last 6 to 8 hours, however it may last 2hrs

However it would probably cool a wine to room temp, and maintain this temp for a much longer period, 6 to 8 hrs in the shade maybe. But this would not chill your wine, without using ice.

The ice will probably keep for quite a while, although it does become heavy if you have to carry it around.

The mobile fridge on wheels is much better, holds 50ltrs and it can run off car battery
Hi ksl, thanks for your reply. Was that your personal experience after using it? If that so, this is really a normal cooler bag with insulation.

From what I feel inside, it has a "build in" ice block inside the bag. Need to put the bag inside the freezer over night before use. No need to throw in any ice pak for chilling. This is what makes me feel amazing about.

In fact I'm looking for real comments from the current user of this product, so that they can advise me better from their personal experience after using it.

Thank you anyway. :)[/quote]

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 3:31 am

acez2 wrote:

Hi ksl, thanks for your reply. Was that your personal experience after using it? If that so, this is really a normal cooler bag with insulation.

From what I feel inside, it has a "build in" ice block inside the bag. Need to put the bag inside the freezer over night before use. No need to throw in any ice pak for chilling. This is what makes me feel amazing about.

In fact I'm looking for real comments from the current user of this product, so that they can advise me better from their personal experience after using it.

Thank you anyway. :)
Okay It is my personal comment, because I have been looking for a good product for keeping chilled vinegar for a long time.

The actual chemical inside the block, is probablly no different than the chemical used in any other freezer bock, and admittedly it will chill for a while, but certainly not 4 to 6 hrs, I think you will be very lucky to get 3 hrs out of it. I have two chemical blocks that I use myself, and they are pretty hopeles in room temp, and i would at a guess say, it will take more than an hour to chill any drink, just my opinion.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:17 am

After looking at the website and doing a little research I think, depending on the external liner used in the bag, that it may well do the trick.

If the External liner (before the cooling panels (not a block-think more like a sheet of ice on each side). Depending on the reflectivity of the external liner the cooling effect is radiated inwardly from all side of the cube. This would cause any items within to be cooled from all sides at once. Additionally, when you use a cooling block in the traditional cooler bags, the block radiates cooling from all sides but must constantly cool the warmer walls of the bag as they are being heated constantly from the outside temperature. While I'm not a scientist, it would seem that the amount of energy needed to keep the inside of the bag cool would diminish once the bag is zipped up due to the fact that there is not any heat radiating from within the bag itself.

sms
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

acez2

Post by acez2 » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:16 pm

Okay It is my personal comment, because I have been looking for a good product for keeping chilled vinegar for a long time.

The actual chemical inside the block, is probablly no different than the chemical used in any other freezer bock, and admittedly it will chill for a while, but certainly not 4 to 6 hrs, I think you will be very lucky to get 3 hrs out of it. I have two chemical blocks that I use myself, and they are pretty hopeles in room temp, and i would at a guess say, it will take more than an hour to chill any drink, just my opinion.
The distributor told me that this product certainly will last 6 to 8 hrs long in Singapore. In States, it could even last 12hrs long. He told me this is very usual for first time customer like me to be doubtful about the performance. He also told me that even Tiger Beer and Heineken order from them as their promotional gift. I think even company like Tiger beer has already order this product, it must have it real advantages.

I would like to buy one and try it out myself. I would let you know how is the result after I try it, and if it is good, must this product could help you to keep your vinegar chilled.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:51 pm

acez2 wrote:

The distributor told me that this product certainly will last 6 to 8 hrs long in Singapore. In States, it could even last 12hrs long. He told me this is very usual for first time customer like me to be doubtful about the performance. He also told me that even Tiger Beer and Heineken order from them as their promotional gift. I think even company like Tiger beer has already order this product, it must have it real advantages.

I would like to buy one and try it out myself. I would let you know how is the result after I try it, and if it is good, must this product could help you to keep your vinegar chilled.
Great! That's what I need, I'll take a closer look at it, thank you! By the way, the link isn't working!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 3:29 pm

Sure wish you two would learn to use the preview function before posting replies. I'm getting tired of correcting the quote codes so the posts make sense...... :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 8:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure wish you two would learn to use the preview function before posting replies. I'm getting tired of correcting the quote codes so the posts make sense...... :wink:
You are quite right SMS, I've never ever used the preview function yet! :oops:

acez2

Post by acez2 » Thu, 05 Oct 2006 9:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure wish you two would learn to use the preview function before posting replies. I'm getting tired of correcting the quote codes so the posts make sense...... :wink:
Hi sms, you find that both of had abused the "quote" function? I think it will be good to use the quote if you want to reply to that posting, if not the reader or new reader will have a hard time finding what questions were asked in the previous posting.

It will be worst if that subject have alot of people discussing, isn't it?
In fact I can't stand those reply with "quote" fellow by "quote" and another "quote". Reader should make an effort to delete those old quotes before posting.

For me, I always like to post with a previous quote as reference, so that it will be easier for everyone when ready my post. Am I right?

Anyway, thanks for your reminder, I have take note of that.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:04 pm

acez2 wrote:
Hi sms, you find that both of had abused the "quote" function? I think it will be good to use the quote if you want to reply to that posting, if not the reader or new reader will have a hard time finding what questions were asked in the previous posting.

It will be worst if that subject have alot of people discussing, isn't it?
In fact I can't stand those reply with "quote" fellow by "quote" and another "quote". Reader should make an effort to delete those old quotes before posting.

For me, I always like to post with a previous quote as reference, so that it will be easier for everyone when ready my post. Am I right?

Anyway, thanks for your reminder, I have take note of that.
acez2,

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Please reread my post again.

Where did I say anybody was abusing the quote function? #-o ](*,)

I'll repeat it again, this time slowly.
Sure.....wish.....you.....would.....learn.....to.....use.....the.....preview.....function.....before.....posting.....replies. .....I'm.....getting.....tired.....of.....correcting.....the.....quote.....codes.....so.....the.....posts.....make.....sense......

acez2

Post by acez2 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:02 pm

Hi SMS,

No problem, maybe my English comprehension is not good enough to understand what you meant. No problem with that.

Anyway, I still don't know what you trying to tell me. Are ksl and I doing the right thing on the quote? Sorry for being so stupid to understand you message, can englighten me? thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:34 pm

You have a PM message.

sms

acez2

Post by acez2 » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have a PM message.

sms
Sorry SMS, I didn't get your PM, can you resend again? Thanks.