Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:46 am

congrats kinkyness!!!!!!!!!
wish u all the best too n try ur best during the final interview ya..kinda sad u r not in the same batch with me.. :-|

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 3:01 pm

goodluck for both of u =)
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

KiNKyNess

Post by KiNKyNess » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 5:00 pm

niennaanarion wrote:goodluck for both of u =)
Thanks nien n shrapnel!

I was just thinking what should i read about SIA.....there seem to be alot to read about.

babymoon21

Post by babymoon21 » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 7:43 pm

color=olive][/color]yooo...good luck to those who are going to management interview n tea party...hope all of u get thru... :D

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 7:55 pm

well i guess we just have to keep track about current news of the airline..other i guess not necessarily but for ur own sake might do..

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 8:56 pm

geez..i wonder when is going to be cabin crew turn...lol just kidding :P

icequeenz

Post by icequeenz » Wed, 27 Sep 2006 1:50 pm

quote dispute over a380 pilot pay:

should also mention that the a380 is much more technologically advance than existing planes, with automated this and automated that, that less skills required of the pilot to actually fly it.
well this was in the papers too.

cabin crew? crew:passenger ratio shd remain same rite...

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 6:40 pm

calvink wrote:geez..i wonder when is going to be cabin crew turn...lol just kidding :P
:o lolx
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:48 pm

Actually viewing from the forums, I can see that people are dying to get into SQ. And of cos' the benefits and rewarding part of the job is too good to resist. Even our boy here, blancD is going thru his virgin try...

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:50 pm

yeah, i am, keeping my fingers crossed i can get in lor..
stumbled upon an interesting blog...

yuniquely.blogspot.com

what do u think koko7? :)
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:58 pm

BlancD,

I'm sure you will. Given my tips and hints, just make sure YOU do what YOU should. Understand me? LOL. I gave you my interview process and qns and answer. You make sure you make the best out of it... I see you in STC soon.

Just down on my luck.. I shouldn't go even when I haven't even finished school and, good. See, 3 months after my interview and Im still idling and waiting for sem which ends next month and start training dunno how many batches after my batch gers. And they're starting SNY next mth. Duh. bang wall...

Anyway, blancD. I believe for m'sians interview, the process is slightly longer then Sg. So, by the time everything of urs is finalised. My sem would have ended.. And for all we noe, we could be in the same batch!

Pray hard...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:52 am

icequeenz wrote: with automated this and automated that, that less skills required of the pilot to actually fly it.
well this was in the papers too.
There is no truth in this statement, more automation does not mean the pilots are less skillfull given the size and complexity of such an aircraft the reverse is true. Newspaper articles are too often written by people who seldom have experience or technical knowledge of the subject.

Plavt.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:45 am

The enthusiasm is there but will it last long... now i doubt myself should i Serve SIA...

Why? Cause the contract is a binding 5 year agreement...What am i going to do after 5 year... am i going to continue serve them or go back to basics as in office job...

I would prefer to try out budget airlines as to see whether i really like it or not..Since im a malaysian residing in KL..hopefully Airasia has opening for guys.....Cause i wont look at the benefits and remuneration offered by bigger airlines.... not wanting to risk my career even though cabin crew is something that i want to do...

:P

Good luck everyone.....

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi

Post by blancD » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:09 am

calvink wrote:The enthusiasm is there but will it last long... now i doubt myself should i Serve SIA...

Why? Cause the contract is a binding 5 year agreement...What am i going to do after 5 year... am i going to continue serve them or go back to basics as in office job...

I would prefer to try out budget airlines as to see whether i really like it or not..Since im a malaysian residing in KL..hopefully Airasia has opening for guys.....Cause i wont look at the benefits and remuneration offered by bigger airlines.... not wanting to risk my career even though cabin crew is something that i want to do...

:P

Good luck everyone.....
there's a recruitment for AirAsia now :P
maybe you want to try out.. wish you luck... :wink:
"City of Ang3Ls"

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:13 am

Really blancd... where did u saw the advertisement.. i surf their website but it was not advertise there...

care to give me the info... thanks