Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
KiNKyNess

Post by KiNKyNess » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 6:55 pm

shrapnel wrote:dear kinkyness,
ya i was talking bout the 70 gals on monday undergo water-confi test.as i finished,the lady asked my name and put ''QUERY'' beside my name n most of the name has the same word as mine...so i just walked off.suddenly there's a man asking the lady how many will go tru the last interview and the lady said-''70 minus 3= 67...so i guess there's about 67 or 66 finalists..hehe
oh ya...thanks babymoon21 for your wish :wink: !!!!!!!
Dear shrapnel,
you got me worried there a little. i was there too. i'm not sure what was writen on mine. but i know its a very short word. hopefully it is the same as yours =) by the way, have you gotten the email from them mentioning that you passed the water test? if im not mistaken, everyone there jumped in the pool and somehow swam across right? were there 3 ppl who didn't dare jump in? what i had in mind was, as long as you are able to jump in the pool....its consider confidence in the water cos knowing how to swim or not didn't matter cos there will be tranings. hmmm???

another question i have for those waiting for your medical. say if they do notify you based on your time given in the application, do you resign straight from your current job right after medical before the results? or will sia give you the time frame you need to resign after the medical results are out? cos, what if you do not pass medical?

Thanks!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:25 pm

Hi.. i need some clarification...

I came across a lot of cabin crew requirement that...

they must be ""Medically fit with visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aids, correctable to 6/6""

Medically fit...yes i know..but whats the meaning of visual acuity of at least....etcs etcs....

anyone can explain to me

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:36 pm

calvink wrote:Hi.. i need some clarification...

I came across a lot of cabin crew requirement that...

they must be ""Medically fit with visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aids, correctable to 6/6""

Medically fit...yes i know..but whats the meaning of visual acuity of at least....etcs etcs....

anyone can explain to me
that is a minimum requirement for pilots not a cabin crew :D
as for the optical part i'm not sure, but it means you do not have to have perfect eyesight to fly.. lolx :P
"City of Ang3Ls"

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Fri, 22 Sep 2006 3:07 pm

dear kinkyness,
i still havent receive any email from sia but it'll come around next week..so dont u worry so much bout that.as long as u can swim across and not afraid of water u considered pass..most of the applicants pass tis round.those three i wasnt sure why they failed and i do not know who...

KiNKyNess

Post by KiNKyNess » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 9:28 pm

shrapnel wrote:dear kinkyness,
i still havent receive any email from sia but it'll come around next week..so dont u worry so much bout that.as long as u can swim across and not afraid of water u considered pass..most of the applicants pass tis round.those three i wasnt sure why they failed and i do not know who...
Ahhh...i feel much better now lol. You're such a darling, I sincerely wish you good luck and i do hope you'll be flying soon :)

LeeSil

Post by LeeSil » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:47 am

Hi Felma....yes, one day before ya^^ hohoho....all the best lar!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:47 am

peanutbutter,

You did mentioned that you stated a 3months notice right?? I did that too and my batch mates was notified 1 week after the medical, (we went together). But i was only notified of my medical approx 1 mth and 1 week after medical. Apparently, this has got something to do with the notice period, I believe.

So, don't worry. But still, there is a tendency that people do fail their medical. But I guess the chances are minimal. Anyway, you don't have to call them, cos they'll probably give you a very standard answer like:"you case haven't being finalised yet".

Now, all you need to do is, whatever you are doing now esp if ur still studying. Make sure you passed, and make sure everything will goes smoothly for the next 3 mths. For my case, I have to wait till dec den i might go for training bcos' my transcript and reports will only be issued by then. Just wait patiently ok.

Cheers

peanutbutter

Post by peanutbutter » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:51 am

To koko77,

Thanks for your infor :)

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 5:07 pm

in the application form i didn't fill up the availability column...would that affect anything????anyway,i can start my training if everything goes well....i still have to undergo mgmt interview n tea party as well as medical check up.they'll ask us to fill in another application form if we pass the mgmt round rite?? :D

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 8:29 pm

i've got email notification inviting me for the last interview on the 5th oct 2006 at concorde hotel...my time is at 8.50am...anyone here got the invitation too?

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 9:21 pm

good luck shrapnel

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:27 pm

thanks a lot calvink!!!!
how come these few days seems like not many ppl blotting something geh???so quiet ler...everyone went training d is it? :lol:

Yunz

Post by Yunz » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:55 pm

shrapnel wrote:i've got email notification inviting me for the last interview on the 5th oct 2006 at concorde hotel...my time is at 8.50am...anyone here got the invitation too?
SIA interview ??? :roll:
----
YunYun
Simple Ger Waiting to Fly ..
yuniquely.blogspot.com

KiNKyNess

Post by KiNKyNess » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 2:04 am

shrapnel wrote:i've got email notification inviting me for the last interview on the 5th oct 2006 at concorde hotel...my time is at 8.50am...anyone here got the invitation too?

Hey, I got it too. But mine is on the 4th October 1.50pm. Guess we won't be meeting each other there. But Good Luck to you!! Stay calm and hope to hear the good results from you soon!!! :D

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 2:12 am

Yunz wrote:
SIA interview ??? :roll:
No it's his Tea Party or w/e you call it..Yes it is an SIA Interview..Duh.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)