Singapore Expats

The KSL, SMS and EADG show (was Public beating. Apathy...)

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 2:26 pm

ksl wrote:It's not easy to be a lone foreigner in a country, without friends! I have been grateful for all my foreign contacts in my life, and prefer them , to many of my own countrymen, to be quite honest.

Make love not war! now those were the days! good music, good vibes,
What's up bro?

The timbre of your posts recently have a distinctively downbeat feel to them. I get there occasionally, when I feel that time is finally catching up with me as well. Seems you are starting to reflect upon times past more and more as well. Seems I've been doing the same thing also here recently. Is it this forum, where we are the ancients? We spend our time (Plavt included) trying dispense wisdom as we have known and lived it. Are we just dinosaurs? Have we outlived our usefulness? Horrifying thought isn't it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 9:12 pm

Plavt wrote:Ksl is right about what he says about being a foreigner in a country, something that makes me think twice about living abroad and I am in current situation where I am often considering it. One can sometimes feel the same effect living in different parts of your own country.
on the flip side, having lived outside of your own country long enough, it may be difficult moving back there

at least this is something I still grapple with, despite family and friends growing up and growing older and not being there for that

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 9:59 pm

EADG wrote: on the flip side, having lived outside of your own country long enough, it may be difficult moving back there

at least this is something I still grapple with, despite family and friends growing up and growing older and not being there for that
This is something that has bothered me as well recently. I went from '85 to '96 without ever stepping foot into the US. It only since about 2000 that I've started going back occasionally. I do find it different but the fact that I'm somewhat of a loner (even with a family) I'm pretty self contained in that respect and being a farmboy I'm more in tune with nature than with people - witness my constant rubbing fur the wrong way here! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Seems you are starting to reflect upon times past more and more as well. Seems I've been doing the same thing also here recently. Is it this forum, where we are the ancients? We spend our time (Plavt included) trying dispense wisdom as we have known and lived it. Are we just dinosaurs? Have we outlived our usefulness? Horrifying thought isn't it.
Dedicated to ksl and SMS:

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd lived the life we chose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

La la la la la la, la la la la la...

:console:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 1:14 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: I do find it different but the fact that I'm somewhat of a loner (even with a family) I'm pretty self contained in that respect
Poor SMS, I think I am in the same situation. :console:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 1:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: What's up bro?

The timbre of your posts recently have a distinctively downbeat feel to them. I get there occasionally, when I feel that time is finally catching up with me as well. Seems you are starting to reflect upon times past more and more as well. Seems I've been doing the same thing also here recently. Is it this forum, where we are the ancients? We spend our time (Plavt included) trying dispense wisdom as we have known and lived it. Are we just dinosaurs? Have we outlived our usefulness? Horrifying thought isn't it.
No worries, think of yourself as a well-aged vintage wine :D .

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 1:48 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Seems you are starting to reflect upon times past more and more as well. Seems I've been doing the same thing also here recently. Is it this forum, where we are the ancients? We spend our time (Plavt included) trying dispense wisdom as we have known and lived it. Are we just dinosaurs? Have we outlived our usefulness? Horrifying thought isn't it.
Dedicated to ksl and SMS:

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd lived the life we chose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

La la la la la la, la la la la la...

:console:

Oh! The Welsh Valley's, I'll bet Tom Jones is having memories of her too! How on earth did you pull that one out of the bag, I had visions of you being a young lady, now they are shattered! :P

I passed my panick age attacks quite a few years ago, oh god it's painful, you young guys out there have it to come too! There's no where to run or hide! Just don't look in the mirror. :P :lol:
No worries, think of yourself as a well-aged vintage wine
No need to think of it, after Saturday Night! I :roll: :oops: just have to look in the mirror, and i can see it!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:39 pm

ksl wrote:Oh! The Welsh Valley's, I'll bet Tom Jones is having memories of her too! How on earth did you pull that one out of the bag, I had visions of you being a young lady, now they are shattered! :P
Visions of you in shades of blue
Smoking, shifting, lazily drifting
I see the whole night through

Stars go by, no wonder my senses go reeling
My whole life seeming
To start and end with you

When will we meet again
When, when, when...

ksl, my taste in music (amongst other things) is very old world. As for whether I'm a young lady... well that is relative. :wink:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:22 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
ksl wrote:Oh! The Welsh Valley's, I'll bet Tom Jones is having memories of her too! How on earth did you pull that one out of the bag, I had visions of you being a young lady, now they are shattered! :P
Visions of you in shades of blue
Smoking, shifting, lazily drifting
I see the whole night through

Stars go by, no wonder my senses go reeling
My whole life seeming
To start and end with you

When will we meet again
When, when, when...

ksl, my taste in music (amongst other things) is very old world. As for whether I'm a young lady... well that is relative. :wink:
I must admit, your not only quick off the mark, you have good taste, with a sense of humour! Like myself:

When will we meet again
When, when, when...
It's so nice to have dreams! Sorry! Drifting off the topic here, and its not even saturday yet!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 9:50 pm

:oops!: Looks like we've been hoist by our own petards! :wink: