Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:51 am

moon,

I guess that's the spirit they're looking for - persistancy. Well, before you join airasia. Why won't you wait for another try, since you have said you wanna try SIA again?! It's no rush at all..

lucks

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:17 am

i went to interview in KL, got kick out during 1st round.... i juz wondering wat kind of ppl tey looking 4...I tried to talk n gav a simple intro, but the lady ask me to tel her somemore abt my family... Lastly, tis time of interview was totally different in Singapore last month, the interviewer juz listen wat u said only, so not use if u smile all the time during the interview :mad:
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:54 am

It seems like everyone here got booted out right after the self-intro yesterday. Any survivals?

amirinc

I got it!!!

Post by amirinc » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 9:07 pm

Hey pips! Just did my management interview and yea party session today....Wooo Hooooo....I got it unless i fail my medical...Best thing was the whole lot of guys who pass the management interview got thru like its a definite thing...The tea party was just a question and answers session..About 15-20 guys got the post..For those who is still trying good luck ya alll...Hope to see you guys soon yah....A great way to fly

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 9:58 pm

finicky wrote:congrats! niennaanarion! good luck in ur new career!! anyway wat is D3? do you have a degree too?
D3 is a three year diploma..

so sorry for EddieJb and babymoon21, dont loose hope.. try again..

as for indonesians, some of them are not a fresh graduate, but LOTS of them are fresh graduates, so i dont think its a sure thing that they dont choose fresh graduates.. i think that depends on the answers that they give on the interview.

on the introduction from what i know make sure you look at the interviewers to the eye, make an eye contact and smile and say what you want to say, you can get booted out because of your english or your accent. dont worry about the interviewers only care about what you have to say, just smile.

and congrats for amirinc, hope i'll see you on the training... any pics?so i can say hi when we meet. IF WE BOTH pass the medical check up hehehe
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

cutiebaby

Post by cutiebaby » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:37 pm

tatiana wrote:It seems like everyone here got booted out right after the self-intro yesterday. Any survivals?
Hi! I knew many ppl get out from 1st round yesterday. I got into 3rd round 1-1 interview. But I failed at 3rd round. Im so unsatisfied with the gal interviewer. Compare with the guy interviewer, she is more straight. I saw many of them who interview by the guy interviewer also can go for today water confidence test.

Im really disappointed. But is ok for me. I just go for experienced.

At the 1st round what they choose is the gals who look pretty and confidence overall. If got confidence but outlooking is normal i think they wont choose. At my 1st round self-intro 10 of us just 4 of us had been choose. 2nd round kebaya test 10 of us just 1 gal is out. I do not know what the standard they want actually. But in the future maybe I will try again. At least I already have experience, I will do my best next time. Hope you too. :D

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:33 pm

cutiebaby wrote:Compare with the guy interviewer, she is more straight.
May I know what you meant by the above? :???: :roll:

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:08 am

Is oct the last recruitment for SIA?

KiNKyNess

Post by KiNKyNess » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 2:05 am

calvink wrote:Is oct the last recruitment for SIA?
i heard the man mentioned that they might open again in a few months time.

How do you pass the water confidence test? just as long as you're able to jump?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 5:40 am

KiNKyNess wrote:
calvink wrote: How do you pass the water confidence test? just as long as you're able to jump?
Show confidence. :o

Plavt.

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:36 am

nana07 wrote:
cutiebaby wrote:Compare with the guy interviewer, she is more straight.
May I know what you meant by the above? :???: :roll:
I believe she meant "strict" ?

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:41 am

amirinc,do u mind telling me what question did they ask u during the management round?i've passed the water confi test and pending for email fr SIA for the mgmt round and tea party.i'm indeed nervous and afraid i couldn't perform well during that time...anyway,congrats to u!!!!!!!!!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:09 pm

Anyway.. i wonder are all the interviewer cabin crew themself cause i see some of them wore tag even bearing MAS logo on it...or is it just the HR person.....

LeeSil

cabin crew

Post by LeeSil » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 1:54 pm

Hi Felma....i think i saw your name on the list during medical check up yesterday morning, but i'm not sure where you are...hehe, just wanted to say hi^.^

lil^pig

Post by lil^pig » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 2:46 pm

cutiebaby wrote:
tatiana wrote:It seems like everyone here got booted out right after the self-intro yesterday. Any survivals?
Hi! I knew many ppl get out from 1st round yesterday. I got into 3rd round 1-1 interview. But I failed at 3rd round. Im so unsatisfied with the gal interviewer. Compare with the guy interviewer, she is more straight. I saw many of them who interview by the guy interviewer also can go for today water confidence test.

Im really disappointed. But is ok for me. I just go for experienced.

At the 1st round what they choose is the gals who look pretty and confidence overall. If got confidence but outlooking is normal i think they wont choose. At my 1st round self-intro 10 of us just 4 of us had been choose. 2nd round kebaya test 10 of us just 1 gal is out. I do not know what the standard they want actually. But in the future maybe I will try again. At least I already have experience, I will do my best next time. Hope you too. :D
hey, i got booted out at the 3rd round 1-1 interview also, guess what? i got the gal interviewer also....and ur right 4 of my friends who get the guy interviewer passed the 3rd round too.....gosh so dissapointed ler, who is your interviewer? which gal? the short hair one or the long hair one? In the first round, 6 out of 10 of us was chosen. baju kebaya test only one was eliminated. I had no idea how they actually choose, cause i was really nervous when i talked about myself and i was really shaking and trembling, my hands was really obvious but it didn't show on my face, but some gurls in my group who was confident and presented well was not selected. They selected 70 gals for water confidence test, alot this time. Normally they would have eliminated alot on the second day, and there is no psycho test on the 2nd day this time, plus there is no skin check ler, heard from my friend who is flying for SIA now, they are taking in alot this time cause its a mass recruitment.