Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
RayRay

Cosmetic Surgery From a Male Perspective

Post by RayRay » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 7:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon this site while browsing online for a tummy tuck procedure.

Although commonly thought of as a woman's domain, guys too feel insecure about their appearance. Perhaps throughout my childhood and adolescence where i was always targeted as the "unattractive fat nerdy one" and given unflattering nicknames, it has remain an emotional scar till date.

I tried diets, creams, exercise, slimming pills, xenical, phases of anorexia and bulimia and even had my first liposuction at 15. Although i did lose a lot of weight and currently a gym junkie and dance regularly, i still feel ugly. When i came to Sydney 2 years ago (am still here now), i went for my 2nd liposuction, but still the results ain't what i expected and i wanted more.

Sometimes i feel really frustrated because i have really exhausted whatever i can do, eating organically and watching my diet closely, exercising 2 hours everyday (and strangely in the army i was one of the fittest thought physically 'unlikely') but i still feel chubby and hideous..

It can sound contradictory considering it came from me, but i really would recommend everyone to consider very carefully before undergoing any sorts of cosmetic surgery. Besides the cost, the potential risks, and inconvenience, the results may not be what you expect and may end up worse than before. Plus for procedures like liposuction (althought it is claimed that adipocytes can't proliferate after puberty) the results are temporary.

So i also have been there and done that, and regretfully still disatisfied and ugly.

SKW

Re: Eye bag, Dark Eye Ring

Post by SKW » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:12 pm

HI ,can you tell which products so efficeint for eye bags & dark eye ring, please?

indo

cosmetic procedures in jakarta

Post by indo » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 1:23 pm

Just a response to the person who suggested Jakarta, the Puan clinic. I live in Jakarta, have been here for over 5 years. Based on medical experience on behalf of myself and my family, I wouldn't have a splinter taken out of my finger here, much less let someone inject Botox or put chemicals on my face. There is no regulation here, especially in the field of light cosmetic procedures. Anyone can be a doctor. Don't waste a plane ticket. There are plastic surgery horror stories here. Maybe microdermrasion would be the ONLY procedure I would consider. But that's just my opinion based on other medical procedures and illnesses.
There are good and bad surgeons in every country. I've had a nose job in Singapore by Dr. Huang, a revision from a bad one in the U.S. and I was happy with the outcome. Sites such as this where people have a chance to share their experiences, both good and bad regarding doctors is a good source of information when looking for a good surgeon

SKW

Re: Removal of eyebags....

Post by SKW » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 10:27 pm

Hi dear wud appreciate if anyone can tell the cost of the eyebags removal surgery?

SKW

Re: Removal of eyebags....

Post by SKW » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 10:27 pm

Hi dear wud appreciate if anyone can tell the cost of the eyebags removal surgery in singapore?

Post by Guest » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 9:26 pm

The cost for eyebag removal is around S$2000. I read from this forum many are suggesting the use of non surgical method / product to get rid of eyebag. I don't think those can be useful. The only way is to remove it via surgical procedure.

Post by Guest » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:19 pm

Hi there shoegal

You mention Yanhee in Bangkok, I just want to be really sure, it's a hospital right? I'm considering undergoing blepharoplasty, remove my sagging and puffy eyebags I've had since childhood... so if you don't mind reassuring me again that the services there are really reliable... :wink:
[email protected]

Thanks...

jazzyfringe

Post by jazzyfringe » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:35 pm

Hi this is jazzyfringe...

I was the one who asked shoegal about Yanhee being a hospital or not... Ok now I'm pretty sure it's Yanhee Hospital in Bangkok, I missed the link to the website posted by one of you and I've checked it out. Well, shoegal, or just anyone who's been to Yanhee, please recommend me a good surgeon for blepharoplasty and share with me your experiences.

Thanks...

jazzyfringe

Post by jazzyfringe » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:The cost for eyebag removal is around S$2000. I read from this forum many are suggesting the use of non surgical method / product to get rid of eyebag. I don't think those can be useful. The only way is to remove it via surgical procedure.
Hi there

From your post as above, I take that you have undergone surgery yourself. I am considering blepharoplasty, removing my eyebags which I've had since childhood. So I agree that the only way to remove them is via surgical procedure - I've given up topical solutions; they don't work on my eyebags one bit. The skin under my eyes is loose and they seem like they need to be tightened, and often they are puffy, so what cream could possibly tighten the skin and remove the fats or whatever that is making my eyebags look puffy? I sleep longer than all my friends but none of them have eyebags like mine, they are still ugly even if I sleep for more than 10hours so I really don't need people to tell me that I should sleep more... And I'm not even 23 yet.
Ok, ok enough lamenting here. :wink: I feel quite excited about Yanhee Hospital in Bangkok, particularly for the low charges. I would appreciate if you share with me your experiences.

Thanks...

Post by Guest » Tue, 09 Nov 2004 9:01 pm

[quote="jazzyfringe
Hi there

From your post as above, I take that you have undergone surgery yourself. I am considering blepharoplasty, removing my eyebags which I've had since childhood.....[/quote]

Hi Jazzyfringe,
No, I have not gone for the surgery yet but will do so soon. I consulted a plastic surgeon for the eyebags removal operation and have booked for a time slot next month ( due to my work commitment, I can only do it next month since there is down time ). The consultation cost S$80 where the doctor will explain everything you need to know regarding the surgery. The operation cost S$2000 for my surgeon. You may visit this website to learn more about the Plastic Surgeon in Singapore ( http://www.plasticsurgery.org.sg ). I have two relatives who had gone for the operation and they are happy with the result.
Actually, if your "eyebags" have been there since childhood, it doesn't sound like that is due to fat depository and I doubt surgery will help since there is no fat to be removed. I have some pictures on how the entire procedure is being carried out but I don't know how to post it here ( I doubt posting of picture is possible anyway ). From the pictures, you can see exactly how the fat are being trimmed. I remember my surgeon told me Microdermabrasion can help to tighten the skin. You may want to find out. The best way is to pay that S$ 80 or S$ 100 to consult a plastic surgeon to discuss about your condition.

jazzyfringe

Post by jazzyfringe » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:28 am

Ok thanks, guest.
And about the pictures... I'm interested to see them. Could you email them to [email protected] ? Also if possible could you refer any surgeons for consultation?

Post by Guest » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:10 am

jazzyfringe wrote:Ok thanks, guest.
And about the pictures... I'm interested to see them. Could you email them to [email protected] ? Also if possible could you refer any surgeons for consultation?
Hi Jazzyfringe,
I am trying to attached the pictures here. I hope it works. These pictures were downloaded from the Internet so the Intellectual property right belong to the original publisher.

Post by Guest » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:11 am

Anonymous wrote:
jazzyfringe wrote:Ok thanks, guest.
Hi Jazzyfringe,
I am trying to attached the pictures here. I hope it works. These pictures were downloaded from the Internet so the Intellectual property right belong to the original publisher.
Oop, it does'nt work. I will e-mail you.

stalkingfeline

check it out

Post by stalkingfeline » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:14 am

http://www.daikanyama-clinic.jp/english.htm

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/

http://www.drpoomee.yourmd.com/

came across them while doing research.

japanese is the head of an plastic surgery organisation

korean is the best rhinoplasty surgeon in korea

thai is the best plastic surgeon in thailand
cats are furry!
-stalkingfeline

confused

wanna get a nose job and contour my face shape

Post by confused » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 5:43 am

i heard many things regarding singapore surgeons are not good at doing nose job? is it true? any surgeons to recommend?? i just want a slightly higher bridge for my nose, something natural. and so far, i've not heard any surgeon in singapore that does face contouring, as my face shape is not balanced.. my left side of the face is slightly fatter than my right.. anyone can recommend any surgeon that does face contouring to provide a better face shape?

and to those who wanna know about double eyelid surgery.. i had mine done 3-4 years ago at gleaneagles with Dr Wong. he is really a man with few words.. but he does a natural job. nobody know i did a surgery. but please aware that.. eyelid surgery doesn't last forever, as years goes by the double eyelids will come down slightly and will slowly become smaller but still natural. his price is reasonable, i did at $1400 but now it's $1600. but for people who prefer really dramatic different big eyes, maybe u can try other surgeons because he will insist on doing something natural for u. dr. woffles wu is way too expensive, and dr. martin huang is his good friend by the way. both of them are famous because of the media.. i feel that's just the case.

so anyone who did a nose job pls recommend me?? i'm very confused and scared because nose is not a simple job. and anyone knows about face contouring?