Singapore Expats

When is BA recruiting cabin crew in Singapore?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Aquagal
Regular
Regular

When is BA recruiting cabin crew in Singapore?

Post by Aquagal » Wed, 30 Aug 2006 4:13 pm

Hi ppl..

Anyone has e slightest idea when BA is having a recruitment drive in SG? OR hav they ever conducted in SG before?! Pls kindly advised.... *Curious* #-o :-|

vivi
Regular
Regular

Re: When is BA recruiting cabin crew in Singapore?

Post by vivi » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:09 am

Aquagal wrote:Hi ppl..

Anyone has e slightest idea when BA is having a recruitment drive in SG? OR hav they ever conducted in SG before?! Pls kindly advised.... *Curious* #-o :-|
hi their last recruitment was last year..dont tink they have any plans to recruit in singapore now..
cheers
viv

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:12 am

Hi,

I've emailed BA before regarding this question. But the reply was that they won't be having any recruitment in Singapore soon. So what you can do is either you log on their website to register yourself for any upcoming recruitment in future.

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Post by merliongal26 » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 9:44 pm

Seems like they only recruit in SG once in a blue moon coz turnover rate is reallllly low. And each time they do, they take in very few new crew... about 15 I think. Make sure your mandarin is VERY good.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:31 pm

British Airways have few services in and out of Singapore hence the low recruitment. As Merliongal has implied their chief requirement will be languages skills as they often like to have a percentage of staff familiar with the language and culture of a country. In the case of Singapore this of course is most likely aimed at the older generation. One drawback is you are likely to find yourself on the same route permanently.

Plavt.

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Post by merliongal26 » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:35 am

Yup, I think SG crew only fly to London, Beijing and Australia..and only ONE SG crew on each flight, so all chinese PA and chinese pax will be dumped to u

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 1:08 am

Hi to e kind souls who hav replied... Many tks for clearing my doubts!! :P wil keep a lookout at their website in future..

Cheers :D

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 9:03 am

BA has a mandatory GCE O Level pass in Mandarin - you will need to do announcements in fluent Mandarin and be able to communicate in Cantonese (is a plus)- those C5, C6 Chinese Language holders can keep walking. They hire rarely and in very limited numbers as turnover is low. The contract is on a 1 year basis in the first instance.

There's only 3 rounds for BA - Intro/translation in Chinese, 2nd rounds - a more complex intro/translation in Chinese and a 3rd one is group interview/1-1 - If I can remember correctly. As guessed, the emphasis is on your Chinese language skills.

poppop

BA recruitment

Post by poppop » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 2:25 am

sept 18 ST stated the latest write in BA recruitment :
Those interested may like to check it :)
Good luck

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 9:05 am

Hi Poppop,

are you sure it's stated in today's ST? I can't find it! :-|

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vjsimon » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:13 am

I want to try too. Give me more details here if it is not found in the papers. Please. Thanks. :)

Cas_Lam

Post by Cas_Lam » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 3:32 pm

Hi, any ideal e recruitment is a write in or walk in one? I do not haf any copy of ST.... any kind soul who can provide info?

regards

toygirl wrote:BA has a mandatory GCE O Level pass in Mandarin - you will need to do announcements in fluent Mandarin and be able to communicate in Cantonese (is a plus)- those C5, C6 Chinese Language holders can keep walking. They hire rarely and in very limited numbers as turnover is low. The contract is on a 1 year basis in the first instance.

There's only 3 rounds for BA - Intro/translation in Chinese, 2nd rounds - a more complex intro/translation in Chinese and a 3rd one is group interview/1-1 - If I can remember correctly. As guessed, the emphasis is on your Chinese language skills.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 3:43 pm

Cas_Lam wrote:Hi, any ideal e recruitment is a write in or walk in one? I do not haf any copy of ST.... any kind soul who can provide info?

regards

To the best of my knowledge 'walk-in' interviews are never conducted by BA or any other company in the UK and I would imagine the same to be true in Singapore since the required staff figure will be so minimal - expect some serious competition.

Plavt.

sWeeT_DeViL

Post by sWeeT_DeViL » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 5:58 pm

Dear all out there who are a BA soul's interest..

BA's recruitment ad appeared on Sat 16th Sept recruitment paper... if i m not wrong, its 3rd last page... if u flip the papers from the back 1st page, its on the left page, bottom rite... go check it out....

YEah, toygirl is very right... they did emphasised that being able to speak & read in mandarin is a must. so ppl like mi who cant read a word of chinese, no hope la... dun waste time.. so for all those trying, All The Best....!!!

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 6:10 pm

I wonder izit the interview is only open for singaporeans... :?
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly