Singapore Expats

Cabin Crew in KL

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
babymoon21

Post by babymoon21 » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:45 pm

No wonder people say SIA cabin crews are sliding... :roll:
I think they might have passed the wrong documents to the person who called our name...that's y the selection was so weird... :wink:

All i can say is: Good luck to SIA... :roll:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:35 pm

babymoon21 wrote: very funny...by choosing a gal who wore spec during the interview... i really do not understand what's their standard... :x :twisted:
Now you have me wondering babymoon, what on earth do you mean by this since lots of people (inlcluding me wear spectacles even though I am not what you call attractive. :P :D )?

Plavt.

babymoon21

Post by babymoon21 » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:40 pm

Plavt, if you go for flight attendant interview you should wear CONTACT LENS instead of SPEC...isn't it???

I am not insulting people who have eye-sight problem because myself am short sighted...

Do you understand what I meant?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:13 am

babymoon21 wrote:Plavt, if you go for flight attendant interview you should wear CONTACT LENS instead of SPEC...isn't it???
The answer is simply no, I think possibly they may be told to wear contact lenses when on duty (assuming they are successful in the first place) for safety reasons (e.g. emergencies wear they could be knocked/fall off or if they are assaulted). I wouldn't worrying about wearing them at the interview as I know there are plenty who wear glasses away from duty.

Plavt.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:25 am

Oh well..sometimes working for a smaller airlines does not mean that you are having less benefits though certain things like extra remuneration or international flights are almost non-existent.... i guess but chances of u advance is actually higher as compare to bigger airlines...

anyway babymoon..how much did airasia pay .... MAS is not having a recruitment at the moment....

I guess SIA october recruitment would be the last recruitment of this year...am i rite?

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 9:38 am

Hey pal... I'm just another sad soul here. I have a great mixture of feeling extremely upset, n frustrated. I wonder why I cant even get thru the first stage while the passing rate this time round is kinda HIGH! In most groups, 5 out of 10 got thru. In my group, 6 out of 10 were offered to proceed to the next round, and somehow, I'm just 1 of the 4 of those being discarded.

I was the 2nd person to do my self-intro, as usual... I kept it short n simple, I presented mine confidently, although I was kind of nervous. Eventually, those who seem to be lack of confidence, mumbling a bit... I was super suprised some girls spent almost 10min for their self-intro, was telling the interviewer exactly the in's n out's of their 1st job to their 10th job... n they got thru.

I feel really dishearted, chances are all around but I still couldnt grab one. This is so sickening. Sometimes I wonder, probably I just dont have what it takes to be a cabin crew.

EddieJB

HI

Post by EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:28 am

Wat the hell man....I totally unhappy wit the interview on yesterday in KL...i nvr xpect tey wil choose the ppl skinny lik a monkey and i ensure wit u that he sure wil fail durung the BMI round...Somemore tey were so slow during ur register....Do u noe mine interview slot was 1210, but i got my interview after 1 hour... :mad:
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:35 am

Tatiana trust me u r not the only one...Me too, during my round i tried to make it short n simple, but confident...But i really unxpect tey will choose the ppl like mumbling but spens lik 10mins on the hobbies topic..OMG, how come?? Well, no doubt i think tey looking 4 the ppl can talk very much... :mad:

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:46 am

Yeah Eddie... I'm feeling so mad at myself, I should have spent longer time for my self-intro. I feel like a loser... I've never felt this bad all the way, but SQ has really made my dream vanished.

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:10 am

I think different interviewers r different tey choose, now i know how come i will fail, bcoz in my group the rest 9 are diploma/degree holders, i was the only one wit spm...Beside, tey tryng 2 stop me during register bcos the guy who consider im still in 17 n only turn to 18 next month only....But of course, i told them i tried the interview in Singapore b4..So, he was let me in...Btw, i doubt all the interviewers tet r not frm Singapore, coz i heard tey talking wit their partners in cantonese... :shock:

babymoon21

Post by babymoon21 » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:20 am

Don upset guys, we still have chance...just forget what have happened... it's a good experience for us...(really??? :lol: )

Looking forward to the Oct recruitment again... is it true there'll be another recruitment campaign in Oct?

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:48 pm

i sure will try again, if is it true...Whatever it will b held in Singapore or KL, s long s tey open for malaysian....

reef

Re: Hi

Post by reef » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:05 pm

EddieJB wrote:I think different interviewers r different tey choose, now i know how come i will fail, bcoz in my group the rest 9 are diploma/degree holders, i was the only one wit spm...Beside, tey tryng 2 stop me during register bcos the guy who consider im still in 17 n only turn to 18 next month only....But of course, i told them i tried the interview in Singapore b4..So, he was let me in...Btw, i doubt all the interviewers tet r not frm Singapore, coz i heard tey talking wit their partners in cantonese... :shock:
Hi Eddie,

I think you might have to buck up your english, be it written or vocal. No offence here, but the ability to speak fluent english is an important criteria. Using the correct vocab and grammer tells a great deal about SIA crews.

reef

Post by reef » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:16 pm

babymoon21 wrote:No wonder people say SIA cabin crews are sliding... :roll:
I think they might have passed the wrong documents to the person who called our name...that's y the selection was so weird... :wink:

All i can say is: Good luck to SIA... :roll:
Hi babymoon,

I would love to empathise with what you have gone thru. But hang on, I think you should reflect on where you might have gone wrong, instead of blaming the interviewers for not chosing you.

You might think you did better then some of the rest who go in, but perhaps u might have sound too aggressive or there might been some kind of arrogance in your tonelity. I m just stating an example. It could simply be the "X" factor that they are looking for and they don't see in you either.

Just becos they chose a less better looking girl then you, it doesn't mean standard are sliding. I would have think the other way if i were u. If their standard are dropping...and "i" can't even get in the first round... --> it def says alot about "myself".

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 7:58 am

Dear Reef:
Yes thx for reminded me...I will keep improve myself...