Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi

Post by iamdanny » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 9:34 pm

babyevil85 wrote:hahah kangta and vaness nose u wait next life then can get , that one is korea do one .. Haiz Iamdanny though we are going to thailand together how come u do at singapore now ?

my parent dun let me do inthailand... they dun gv me pasport lor n they sponsor me to do in Singapore y nt?

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 9:38 pm

katy wrote:
iamdanny wrote:yest i went to see dr seah at gleneagles... i feel very comfortable with him doing my nose... he's very fatherly guy n explain toi me clearly the whole procedure, results, risks etc worst scenarios and show me alot of pics... he even took polariod pics of me n told me i jus need to do my nose cos its the only feature tt look weak... cos he say i gt strong eyes, brow bone face shape etc

i wil be doing my rhinoplasty next fri morning... feel abit scared... n the total cost is 3000 plus inclusive of everything... hope i can achieve a sharp n nice nose...
Good luck !!

Dr Seah is a very nice and honest man !! You are in good hands !
i feel very comfortable to let him do aft the consultation with him.. he is so fatherly... n he is so honest to tell me i jus nid nose surgery. the rest of my features are gd le... cant believe 1 more wk to my surgery omg.. so scare... how u know dr seah is nice n safe? i chose him cos he was the president of singapore plastic surgery association so i guess he muz haf some kind of credibility to qualify as the president

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 9:41 pm

zazoo wrote:hey iamdanny..
Thanx for your prompt reply! I'm going to Dr. Huang for a consult on rhinoplasty. I wasn't sure whether to bring any photographs about the general kind of nose which i wish to achieve, to a certain extent. But i checked with the nurse, she said it isn't necessary. Maybe.. i'll bring one just in case. Keep updating on your progress!

hey katy...
Thanx for the advice! I understand what you mean by how both the doctor and i can just whip out pictures of our ideal noses and that might not help much. But i thought that probably showing him a picture or so instead of just making comments on what i want to achieve would be better. I was hoping that the pictures could somehow help 'visualise' and conceptualise it. Maybe i'm just paranoid that his vision of what i am saying is different from mine. hmm..i should learn to trust the doctor. haha. :lol:
i bring the pic of my ideal nose to show to dr seah.. cos diff ppl gt diff criteria of beauty.. dr seah agrees with me on this pt.. so i show him the nose i wan lor n he say its hard to achieve exactly tt cos diff framework but he wil do his best to achieve a sharp nose tt blend with my overall features to make me look better... feel so much comforatble doing surgery with him

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:28 pm

vitamins: what i read is that they will be very nice to you before and after surgery. BUT once you mention anything about revision or refunds, they become very slow and their attitude becomes very very bad. this one other girl even say, they told her that her surgeon left, so they're not responsible but then her surgeon didnt leave. still working in the hospital. she just say quite a prominent surgeon. didnt mention names.

raveneye:me me! *waves frantically* i think it's because they have more experience than singapore doctors(students receive plastic surgery as graduation gifts!!!) and they are willing to do more changes to the nose as compared to dr sukit who only do nose implant. yes! some korean noses very pretty!

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:53 am

If given a choice I also want to go to Korea. But there is communication barrier. Plus, which doctor??? Seems like Dr Jung and Dr Kim also have some negative reviews.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:00 pm

actually going to overseas to do nose surgery has greater risk thn local surgery. we all see the gd effect of overseas surgery but if u read magazines in cleo or others u wil find many ppl had bad surgery in overseas.. so its all abt luck one... n local do surgery anything can find the doc n no language barrier. overseas one the doc may haf fled awy le...

katy

Post by katy » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:32 pm

[quote="iamdanny"]actually going to overseas to do nose surgery has greater risk thn local surgery. we all see the gd effect of overseas surgery but if u read magazines in cleo or others u wil find many ppl had bad surgery in overseas.. so its all abt luck one... n local do surgery anything can find the doc n no language barrier. overseas one the doc may haf fled awy le...[/quote]

I agree with what you said. Given the choice, I'll always choose to do it locally because its easier to go back for followups and such ..

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:41 pm

Hey Zazoo, Can you please tell me how much the consultation fee was for Dr Huang. Tell me how the whole thing went. Thanks.

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 1:07 pm

Cupid&starz, Yoskarn clinic is very small. They are building a small hospital which should open very soon. I went there with a friend of mine for laser treatment. My friend said trainer nurses did it and she was in pain cause they didn't apply the numbing cream nicely (to save cost) and also they were new to the laser. However she did say that she liked the doctor as he was quite nice.......so maybe surgeries will be different. Prices at Yoskarn clinic is a lot cheaper than other hospitals in Bangkok. Personally I feel awkward that their website gives information taken from other (I think American) PS sites. You should explore other hospitals like Bumrungrad (I see so many westerners getting plastic surgery done here...and for one very famous PS the consultation is free!). or Vejthani Hospital .......just make sure you explore as much as your budget allows before going ahead with it. Good luck :)

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 3:15 pm

Hi MBK, I guess you must be from Bkk.
Can you give us some recommendations on which clinic and doctor? Preferable those based on personal or friends' experiences. Thanks!

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 3:54 pm

katy, iamdanny: i totally agree with you on this one. If given the chioce, definitely singapore. but if talking about abroad, i guess korea is the next best thing. i really hope i can convince my dad or let my mum convince my dad but he's quite shall i say traditional. waiting to hear good news from you danny.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 5:48 pm

thanks voix... i hope my decision to do nose with dr seah will be a right decision. he gt quite a few plastic surgery op to do each wk... so i guess he muz be gd ba... i found out he gt a clinic in mount e n gleneagles n he share clinic with dr harry fok... katy if i rmb correctly u did nose b4? u did at korea ar? care to share wif me ur exp in it to motivate me go for the surgery?

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 6:08 pm

Spendalot, yes I am in Bangkok. Just had a consultation at Bumrungrad. There were tons of pictures to see and I LOVED the doctor I saw. No consultation fee. Some require though. The fees are in sg dollar less than 6000 in totalk including 2 nights stay at hospital and anesthesia fees etc. I am very impressed. I have been to a few doctors in SIngapore too. My favourite Sg doc has been Dr Huang but the prices are too high. 21,000 sg dollars for a rhino (+++for meds). I paid over 500 sg dollars for a consulation. He was very nice and informative though. If I had the budget I'd go with dr. huang.

I feel Thai doctors are far more experienced in PS. I base this on their before and after photos. There are several American board certified docs. Hope this helps.

katy

Post by katy » Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:58 am

[quote="mbk"]Spendalot, yes I am in Bangkok. Just had a consultation at Bumrungrad. There were tons of pictures to see and I LOVED the doctor I saw. No consultation fee. Some require though. The fees are in sg dollar less than 6000 in totalk including 2 nights stay at hospital and anesthesia fees etc. I am very impressed. I have been to a few doctors in SIngapore too. My favourite Sg doc has been Dr Huang but the prices are too high. 21,000 sg dollars for a rhino (+++for meds). I paid over 500 sg dollars for a consulation. He was very nice and informative though. If I had the budget I'd go with dr. huang.

I feel Thai doctors are far more experienced in PS. I base this on their before and after photos. There are several American board certified docs. Hope this helps.[/quote]

$21k SGD for rhino ?? Are you sure ?? What are u saking to get done ?? So exp !!

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 16 Sep 2006 1:01 pm

nope. i think thats the kind of fees he chagre. a simple implant alone takes about 7000 onwards with drs like ww and mh. so it's no surprise that if you add in a tiplasty(more than implant) nostril reduction(also more ex) it will somehow add to that amount. i dont think medication is included in the 21000