Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Rian

Water Confidence Test

Post by Rian » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:30 pm

Hey guys.

Went there just now and i got in too.. There's no psychometric test. Surprisingly.

Anyway, i got the actual employment application form. Need to make enquiry. There's this clause "REFERENCE TO PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS AND SALARY EXPECTED". What does the clause means and how should i answer that?

And they also asked for the SALARY EXPECTED. In your opinion, what is the appropriate amount that one should write? I can't possibly straightaway put $3,500 as my expected salary right? If i put that, they'll sure laugh at my form... Need some help here please..

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Re: ; (

Post by Aquagal » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:42 pm

desijoey wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
desijoey wrote: Haha hihi!I graduated last year and my batch was BMCD1 0302A.Which batch were u in?Oh yes sure we must meet up and go together for the next interview!U did go for the recent one din u?It was so stressful!My heart was beating so fast!Even the kebaya round was stressful... :???:

I am graduating this year.. having conv in Oct.. My batch is BMCD2 0406A.. Ya, definitely must meet up wid u in Oct for e LAST recruitment this year.. Looking forward to seeing ya soon... :oops:
Hee...yep yep!Looking forward to seeing u soon too!Hmm....do you happen to know a Jocelyn Yip?She's one of my close frenz and she's having her convo in Oct dis yr too...Oh man Oct's the last recruitment of the year for SIA...Have u tried for SIA b4 btw?

Haha.. Dun think UI noe her cuz theres lotsa of batches...No, didnt tried SIA b4.. Planned to go for the Aug intake but was sick dat day, so will have to try for Oct... See ya. Muack.......... :P

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Re: Water Confidence Test

Post by blizz1209 » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:41 am

Rian wrote:Hey guys.

Went there just now and i got in too.. There's no psychometric test. Surprisingly.

Anyway, i got the actual employment application form. Need to make enquiry. There's this clause "REFERENCE TO PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS AND SALARY EXPECTED". What does the clause means and how should i answer that?

And they also asked for the SALARY EXPECTED. In your opinion, what is the appropriate amount that one should write? I can't possibly straightaway put $3,500 as my expected salary right? If i put that, they'll sure laugh at my form... Need some help here please..
Hey.. May i know when is your management interview round? Have they notified u the date yet? I went for the water on 29/08/06, but haven't receive the email for my management round yet.
For the expected salary,i was told in this forum that they'll pay according to your qualification, ie: O levels, diploma,degree.. I suggest u just put an amount then make a remarks beside it as 'negotiable'.
'REFERENCE TO PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS AND SALARY EXPECTED', is it asking u if u r compfortable with them to seek info from you ex-employer? Not sure how the question is structured.
Hope the abovementioned helps u a bit.
Btw,r u a guy?

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Waiting for management interview

Post by blizz1209 » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:46 am

Dear all,
I went for my water confidence test on 29 Aug and managed to pass through the test. Was lucky :) In fact, only 3 got eliminated for my that day's swimming.
Was told to wait for email for the final management interview. But haven't receive it yet? Any1 here on the same boat as me or willing to share some info here.
Much thanks in advance.

Regards,
Blizz

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Management interview & tea party

Post by blizz1209 » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:56 am

Dear all,

Any1 has recently gone for the management interview & tea party lately?
How is the passing rate for each round? What did they ask during the management interview & talk during the tea party? Is it difficult? Am waiting for email from SIA for my last round. So hoping any1 can share some info so that i can prepare for myself before the 'the day of judgment arrives'.
After going through so much till the last round, am really hoping i can pass the final 1 otherwise the effort will just be wasted.
Millions of thanks in advance.

Regards,
Blizz

cutiechar

Re: Management interview & tea party

Post by cutiechar » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:01 pm

[quote="blizz1209"]Dear all,

How is the passing rate for each round? What did they ask during the management interview & talk during the tea party? Is it difficult? Am waiting for email from SIA for my last round. So hoping any1 can share some info so that i can prepare for myself before the 'the day of judgment arrives'.
After going through so much till the last round, am really hoping i can pass the final 1 otherwise the effort will just be wasted.

Regards,
Blizz[/quote]

He Blizz

my swim test was on the 4 sep..some of my batch gals they went for the mgt interview today and tomorrow. how come u gals did not have any slot from the lady tat day? I am waiting for some of them to tell me the results after two hahaha..
will keep you posted here!

cheerios!

cutiechar

Re: Management interview & tea party

Post by cutiechar » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:02 pm

[quote="blizz1209"]Dear all,

Regards,
Blizz[/quote]

He Blizz

my swim test was on the 4 sep..some of my batch gals they went for the mgt interview today and tomorrow. how come u gals did not have any slot from the lady tat day? I am waiting for some of them to tell me the results after two hahaha..
will keep you posted here!

cheerios!

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 1:40 pm

Dear cutiechar,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Some of my batch gals from 28 Aug swimming test were arranged for their last round on 1 Sept, because their notice period is immediate. Those with 1 month (like me) or more, gotta wait for the email for the last round. The reason given was that they would let people who can start training earlier 1 to go 1st. That's why i ended up still waiting here. So when is your management interview & teat party? Me & some other gals r on the boat, waiting for their email.

R your batch gals with immediate notice period?

Regards,
Blizz

cutiechar

Post by cutiechar » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 5:15 pm

[quote="blizz1209"]Dear cutiechar,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Some of my batch gals from 28 Aug swimming test were arranged for their last round on 1 Sept, because their notice period is immediate. Those with 1 month (like me) or more, gotta wait for the email for the last round. The reason given was that they would let people who can start training earlier 1 to go 1st. That's why i ended up still waiting here. So when is your management interview & teat party? Me & some other gals r on the boat, waiting for their email.

R your batch gals with immediate notice period?

Regards,
Blizz[/quote]

yah true! they ask those wif immediate notice to go mgt interview lst. I was oso in the 1 mth notice. haha..think I am gonna to have a long wait coz my swim test is on the 4 sept yeah! one of my batch gals got a call to ask her to go for the interview tml.
anyway, my frd got in today but I duno wat is the rate though..

cheerios!

Punkman

Post by Punkman » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:41 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Hey guys just to share something with ya'll..During the last interview,my cousin's friend went and he forgot to shave his facial hair but it was very thin and could not be seen so clearly..He got kicked out and was told straight in the face like this.."Please go home.I do not want to see your face here again and do not come back."This was what happened and the person interviewing him was a man..If you think that SIA is leniant,you are WRONG..They are very particular about your appearance,speech,looks(Not that bad) and self-discipline..That was only when he forgot to shave his thin layer of facial hair and was given that kind of remark.Maybe the interviewer was harsh..THIS IS REAL AND NOT A MAKE UP STORY OR WHATSOEVER..
So real that you have had to hear it from your the friend of your parent's sibling's son. Here's a real story, the person who interviewed him happens to be my uncle's friend friend. hehe

The morale of the story, its better to give first hand information then 3rd 4th hand ones.

Rian

Re: Water Confidence Test

Post by Rian » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 6:45 am

blizz1209 wrote:
Rian wrote:Hey guys.

Hey.. May i know when is your management interview round? Have they notified u the date yet? I went for the water on 29/08/06, but haven't receive the email for my management round yet.
For the expected salary,i was told in this forum that they'll pay according to your qualification, ie: O levels, diploma,degree.. I suggest u just put an amount then make a remarks beside it as 'negotiable'.
'REFERENCE TO PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS AND SALARY EXPECTED', is it asking u if u r compfortable with them to seek info from you ex-employer? Not sure how the question is structured.
Hope the abovementioned helps u a bit.
Btw,r u a guy?
Hey... I'm not sure when will my management interview round. They have not notify me yet. Still waiting and waiting for their email... Thanks for your advise ya. I'm a guy by the way.

Nikki1166

Post by Nikki1166 » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 8:08 am

new wrote:if you've noticed, somehow these past 2-3 years, the newer SIA stewadesses are getting shorter and plainer. Gone are the golden days of SIA girls.
The golden days of SIA girls are gone I tink.
Was in Changi airport 2 days ago, walked past SIA cabin crew centre located at basement level...saw a few short & fat stewardessess. They look new to me, wonder how they were selected in the first place.
I also saw some stewardessess in green & red uniform who looked so much slender & prettier though they were more senior than the new ones.
Many years ago if these same lot of short & fat stewardessess were to go for interview, doubt they will even make it to swimming round. It's really a disgrace to SIA to have sub standard SIA girls donning the famous kebaya.

Nikki1166

Post by Nikki1166 » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 8:11 am

hui xia wrote:I wana be a cabin crew but I am already 22 this year. Next year will b 23.
is it too late???

what kinda girls do they usualli go for???
Don't think they will look for bimbos cos now good looks are not top priority anymore.

denz.dude

Post by denz.dude » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:54 pm

Hmm, am i smelling sour grapes here or something?
or u're just plain jealous..hmm..*ponders on..* :o
Yesh, I do agree that the standard of SQ stewardess have indeed drop over the past few years but they are still presentable and pleasant looking , and that's why they're picked by SIA at the first place..
You can have a really beautiful figure and posess that oh-i-look-oh-so-gorgeous look, but if you suffer from a serious case of character defiency,which in short, ur character sucks, you won't get to anywhere..

Althought the lot of stewardessess that u saw the other day, might be just another plain jane next door, but they still do provide excellent customer service and uphold the SQ image of being a premium airline for it's reputable Singapore Girl.

My point here is, yes, i got agree that looks does really matters here in this cabin crew/front line service industry, but everything here it's about packaging, most important thing is the customer service that they show and provide.

Nikki1166 wrote:
new wrote:if you've noticed, somehow these past 2-3 years, the newer SIA stewadesses are getting shorter and plainer. Gone are the golden days of SIA girls.
The golden days of SIA girls are gone I tink.
Was in Changi airport 2 days ago, walked past SIA cabin crew centre located at basement level...saw a few short & fat stewardessess. They look new to me, wonder how they were selected in the first place.
I also saw some stewardessess in green & red uniform who looked so much slender & prettier though they were more senior than the new ones.
Many years ago if these same lot of short & fat stewardessess were to go for interview, doubt they will even make it to swimming round. It's really a disgrace to SIA to have sub standard SIA girls donning the famous kebaya.

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 1:42 pm

i agree with what Nikki1166 has said the standard of the girls these days are terrible.Out of the girls chosen I believe only a few are considered pretty and i wont say that all these girls who were chosen have the full package.Believe it or not those who are training in STC now are all so arrogant,have they forgotten that in this line we must always stay down to earth and be humble I believe during the training they are always told to eat humble pie and this group of girls really spoil the whole image of the Singapore Girl by going to the nearby mall carrying the signature handbag and walking with their arrogant faces high up in the air as if everyone owes them something.Another point to note would be,I notice that alot of pretty girls who are very keen on the job always manage to get through the first round but when it comes to the skin check by the Lancome beautician only a bare few make it through and these girls who make it through usually are the ones who do not have the Singapore Girl look.I feel that if what they want is the whole package they should not go to such extremes like using a spotlight of sorts to check the complexion.It seems her decision of who makes it through matters most as compared to the interviewers or management maybe that is why most of the girls these days do not have the so called standard.Prior to this a similar incident happened in STC not too long ago during the swim check for the guys,the interviewer wanted this particular guy to be in as he has the look for the job but the Lancome lady said no and this was brought up to the management but sadly the Lancome lady was given the authority instead then what's the point of having the interviewers?The message I want to bring across here would be, I feel that they should choose those who posess the whole package not just by emphasizing on the complexion those who have a very good complexion doesnt mean they have a very strong passion and interest in this job.