Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 3:34 pm

anyone gt dr danny oh email add? i wan to ask him abt his charges n stuffs tia

Wallflora

Post by Wallflora » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 8:42 pm

Hi, I am new here. Have been searching on a forum like this. Been thinking of getting a boob job done in Singapore. What's the cost like (including hospitalisation, etc.)? Who are the best/safest doc in town for this area? What is the kind of pain that will be 'incurred'? When can I go back to work, exercise and go about my normal routine? I am a B cup. But due to weightloss and aging, they have shrunk and I will like to be a full C cup. Pl. advise. Thanks.

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 9:48 pm

mitsukai wrote:Hi vaunei
yupz.. i'm a lady.. Havent decide on the exact date. Will let u know.. N we can have company. :)
Hihi, I am a lady too and need some company. Which month or dates are you gals looking at?

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:01 pm

Iamdanny: You sent me an email yesterday asking me about Dr Danny Oh and said that you have corresponded with him through email, but now you are here asking for his email address???

And btw, it is inconvenient for you to come along with me, sorry!

mitsukai

Post by mitsukai » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:26 pm

Hi Wallflora, doing a boob job in sg is very ex.. shld cost ard 15k to 20k ba. not sure who is the best in this area. bkk will be much cheaper.
the ops will take only 1 or 2 hrs. u can go back to wrk the next day if u want to and able to exercise within a mth. perhaps u can go for the breast lift instead of breast augmentation. u can chk with the doc.

There are two techniques for placing implants.

1. The implants are placed under the breast tissue and over the chest muscle.
The surgeon will lift your breast tissue and skin to create a pocket, either directly behind the breast tissue or underneath your chest wall muscle (the pectoral muscle). The implants are then centered beneath your nipples.

2. The implants are placed under the chest muscle and breast tissue.
In some cases need to put the implants behind your chest muscle may reduce the potential for capsular contracture. This placement may also interfere less with breast examination by mammogram than if the implant is placed directly behind the breast tissue. Placement behind the muscle however, may be painful for a few days after surgery than placement directly under the breast tissue.

hope the info helps.. :)

spendalot, i'm considering to go during early oct. havent fixed appointment with the doc yet. will c how its go. Else would be mid oct ba. which hospital do u intend to go??

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:17 pm

Hi mitsukai,

My dates are either Oct from 25th or from 11th Dec.
I cant confirm at this moment due to some commitments.
I am thinking of Yanhee -Dr Sukit or Greechart or Dr. Preecha.
Still deciding. What about you and Vaunei?
Shall we gals meet up for some coffee? :) Feel free to PM me.

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:33 pm

hi

i already got reply from doctor somsak in bangkok. plan to do double eyelid and rhinoplasty. i told i wanna get high bridge, straighten and pointed nose tip. he suggest me to do rhinoplasty and alarplasty. he said it can help straighten your nose a little bit, rise your nose tips. is it really helpful for alarplasty for raising nose tip. is dr somsak a good surgeon? pls share

Wallflora

Post by Wallflora » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:03 am

[quote="mitsukai"]Hi Wallflora, doing a boob job in sg is very ex.. shld cost ard 15k to 20k ba. not sure who is the best in this area. bkk will be much cheaper.
the ops will take only 1 or 2 hrs. u can go back to wrk the next day if u want to and able to exercise within a mth. perhaps u can go for the breast lift instead of breast augmentation. u can chk with the doc.

There are two techniques for placing implants.

1. The implants are placed under the breast tissue and over the chest muscle.
The surgeon will lift your breast tissue and skin to create a pocket, either directly behind the breast tissue or underneath your chest wall muscle (the pectoral muscle). The implants are then centered beneath your nipples.

2. The implants are placed under the chest muscle and breast tissue.
In some cases need to put the implants behind your chest muscle may reduce the potential for capsular contracture. This placement may also interfere less with breast examination by mammogram than if the implant is placed directly behind the breast tissue. Placement behind the muscle however, may be painful for a few days after surgery than placement directly under the breast tissue.

hope the info helps.. :)

Thanks for the info. Have U done it before? Or know anyone who does it? How much is it in Bangkok? Anyone going? I am only available in Dec. Do they form some kind of tour group? Hee.. :)
To me, safety is important. Like being able to find a reliable doctor in Singapore when something bad happens after surgery. Hope to spend around $10k only. I want something natural...not Pamela Anderson kind that sticks out in the centre. Cannot be too obvious too. My relatives will faint. Just want to look like I am wearing my maximiser when I am not :oops:

Wallflora

Post by Wallflora » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:09 am

Mitsukai,
You were saying can't exercise after the surgery. But if I do it overseas, don't I need to carry my luggage? :shock:
Can I opt to stay for days in the hospital? Anyone going in Dec? Anyone did it there before and the results are fantastic? Thanks.

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 1:01 am

hi

some people are recommended for doing surgeries in vejthani hospital in bangkok. they offer reasonable price but i dont know about the quality.
is there anyone here ever did surgeries in vejthani hospital.
can share with me? from the price listed, it hink the price is almost the same with yanhee

the address :
www.vejthani.com

perfectionista

Post by perfectionista » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:46 am

roxygerrr wrote:
perfectionista wrote:Hmmmm..okay. I emailed Dr sukit yesterday with my pictures and have just received his reply, and like what all of you said, he's only willing to do a subtle one.

This is an extraction of his reply to me by email:

"1. the bridge is really low and not difficult to make it higher by the implant
2.the tip is so broad because of the skin and some fat inside and you have to learn that this is the most difficult in asian patient to make it smaller and I think you have to accept that it may not be done
3. the alar base is not so wide but if you place the implant inside the nose the nostril may be smaller because the push by the implant above the nostril
4. alar reduction can be done in limited amount unless it will be too small and not fit to the broad tip and look ugly when you look at the nose as overall"

I THINK i get what he means, but then again i'm not a 100% sure. Is it not possible to sharpen my tip and make it less broad, or is it that he isn't willing to help me with it (well, judging from the comments the rest have given about dr sukit and his reluctant to do anything more than subtle). I want a smaller nose width and sharper nose tip, with also a higher bridge (the nose bridge btwn my eyes seems to not exist :-| ), but i dont think dr sukit is the right surgeon i need. I'm looking for something which isn't MJ-plastic, but i want something more than just a little change for my nose. :(

The problem is seriously annoying me. Sigh.

Jovin dear, think your taipei surgeon can help me with this problem? :)

Hi perfectionista, i'd also emailed dr sukit but i have yet to send him pics of my nose as i'm still considering if i should do my nose or dark eye rings first.

Like you, im also considering dr sukit or the taiwan doc jovin did awhile back. I think i have a wide nose with flat bridge. i want to heighten my bridge as well as reduce the size of my nose tip, and overall.

Im afraid my case will be same as yours. and dr sukit might not be the best for me. for now, i dont think i wanna take the risk of travelling all the way to taipei to look for dr hsu. i'm confused. wanna xchange pictures of our nose to compare n share more?
Hi roxygerrr!

I think you'd probably have to skip dr sukit if you're looking to do something about a broad nose tip. It seems like he's not going to be able to do much about it. Sigh.

Plus, i'm also looking at a L shaped implant and dr sukit only does the I shaped.

I am also thinking of Dr Hsu, but you know, there's also a possibility of him not being able to do much for us. Anyway, i probably will not be able to head there this year because i still have to save up for the surgery and accom (by Jovin's estimation, probably around SGD5000). That's not a small sum so it'd take some time. :(

When do you intend to go? I won't have anyone travelling with me, so if you're not going to go this soon, we could save up and make the trip together (could give each other some support!! :D )

dolphin

Post by dolphin » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:50 am

Hannah Lee wrote:Dolphin,

yeah I think its a tough decision between goretex and rib cartilage. I really wouldn't want to worry about my rib migrating to my forhead in the future! When I saw that pic the caption said the guy was gonna have revision surgery in 3 weeks. That means he has to walk around with his nose bridge on his forehead for 3 weeks!

For those who are curious here's the link to the picture http://korea.nose.co.kr/english/know/re ... LangType=1

Actually u can wash ur hair without getting the cast wet, the only problem is that u will have a bandage on your EAR too which u don't want to get wet. So I just lived with gross dirty hair for 5 days. And since it will be winter it won't be so bad for you.

When my cast came off it felt tender and strange but nope, it didn't hurt to wash. I was afraid to touch it for a long time though, it just felt weird and foreign.

And feel free to ask whatever u want, I also appreciated people sharing their experience with me so that when I did it I wasn't so scared!
Dear Hannah Lee,

Thanks once again for your kind and patient replies :) Sure feels alot better when I read them :)

I've written to Dr Jung about the transport pick up thingy but he hasn't replied yet... it's been like 5 days ...He must be a busy man! LOL

Anyway, how long did your operation take? You did it by LA right? Injection or pills?

And right after that you took a cab to Nakseongdae? You're a brave girl!

Does it hurt when you sneeze still ? And has the feeling fully returned to your nose tip? ( meaning when you touch it, it doesn't feel like a foreign object? )

You know, I had a friend that did the op months ago...She was complaining about it for the longest time, then suddenly came a period of time when she was very pleased with her new nose.... But now it seems to me as if her nose looks slightly crooked to the left....Still looked better than the old one though , so she should be happy ;D

:)

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:22 pm

Dolphin,

I arranged my pickup thru Dr. Jung's secretary, her name is Wennie Kim and her email is [email protected]

Maybe you might wanna try that?

Not sure how long my op took, maybe an hour or so? And it was intravenous anesthesia but I was knocked out throughout. And yup, after a few hours you should be well enough to take a cab to nakseongdae. Do ask the nurse to CALL the service apt so they know exactly what time u will arrive. Cuz they called for me so the guy was waiting outside for my cab and carried my heavy bags up for me too. I was on the 4th floor! No way I could've carried the bags up myself after having surgery!

Nope, it doesn't hurt to sneeze or smile anymore. My tip has regained feeling but still doesn't feel like my original nose tip. But the only place I can feel my implant is on the bridge, the tip still feels like cartilage.

Did your friend do her nose with Dr. Jung too? Or which doc did it?

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:29 pm

escadagirl wrote:Iamdanny: You sent me an email yesterday asking me about Dr Danny Oh and said that you have corresponded with him through email, but now you are here asking for his email address???

And btw, it is inconvenient for you to come along with me, sorry!

i tink u haf misread my email. i said i have NOT corresponded with dr danny cos i dun haf his email... anyway all e best to u... i dun find dr danny oh credible enuff in this forum cos apparently nt much ppl let him do their nose compared to dr sukit

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 8:31 pm

spendalot wrote:Hi mitsukai,

My dates are either Oct from 25th or from 11th Dec.
I cant confirm at this moment due to some commitments.
I am thinking of Yanhee -Dr Sukit or Greechart or Dr. Preecha.
Still deciding. What about you and Vaunei?
Shall we gals meet up for some coffee? :) Feel free to PM me.

u all mind to include me in the trip as well? i planning to let dr sukit from yanhee hospital to do my nose in mid dec....