Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kristen
Regular
Regular

Post by kristen » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 7:29 pm

*local

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Re: ; (

Post by desijoey » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 9:09 pm

lindylim wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
desijoey wrote: Hi kristen!Hmm...U can try.My degree is also a private degree in mass comm and they din bet an eyelid but I'm not so sure about a private dip.Can try nonetheless!:)
Hi desijoey,

Is your degree wid MDIS or some other pte schools? does degree holders have a higher basic pay in SQ or jus e same as the O level and poly holders?? :???:

pay will still be e same regardless of ur qualification. yeap.
Yeap pay will be the same.And yes my degree is with MDIS.But of coz with the good pay comes really stringent requirements to be part of the SIA crew.I'm also waiting for the Oct opening to try again...:)

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:42 pm

blancD wrote:
Greenlife wrote:Dear BlancD,

Basically, I din't know what's went wrong. After we entered the room, we were told by two interviewer that we need to intro ourself and make it less than 1 mins. May be I'm too nervous and can't really speak well.
haiz... do you went there on last weekend? Keen to share your experience?
heya,

unfortunately i couldn't attend because I am busy with my studies. Wish I could though! Perhaps some other time I shall try it out! thanks ya!

cheers
Hi blancD,
R u a student? what r u studying now?

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Pay

Post by blizz1209 » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:58 pm

Dear all,

Is SIA paying different basic according to different qualifications? Saw previous threads that SIA pays differently, depends what qualification u have, ie.degree, diploma,A level or etc.

Any1 willing to share some reliable info?

Thank u

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:28 pm

I heard the SIA pays according to the country, Singaporean and chinese/taiwanese got paid better if im not mistaken.

btw, i went to my interview today..
passed the 1st round which is the introduction, i dont think there are a lot that got shortlisted, around 100-200 i guess??. around 30 - 50 made it to the 2nd round. after the 1st round we had an english test and an indonesian flight greeting test. afterwards was the 2nd round which is the one on one interview. it wasnt an awesome interview on the 2nd round but i kept smiling, it wasnt bad either. so we'll see.. im not really worried about the result, if i dont get it then i dont get it. they'll let us know if we passed the 2nd interview or not by email. but luckily all the recruitment officers were really friendly.. and its a good experience.

anyone from jakarta or indonesia got shorlisted here?
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquagal » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 1:24 am

desijoey wrote:
lindylim wrote:
Aquagal wrote: Hi desijoey,

Is your degree wid MDIS or some other pte schools? does degree holders have a higher basic pay in SQ or jus e same as the O level and poly holders?? :???:

Yeap pay will be the same.And yes my degree is with MDIS.But of coz with the good pay comes really stringent requirements to be part of the SIA crew.I'm also waiting for the Oct opening to try again...:)

Hi.. My mass comm degree is also wid MDIS...! Maybe might be your classmate too.... Which batch are u in? Maybe we can meet up for next SIA recruitment together!! keke... :P

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 1:51 am

hmm let me confirm this..

there are flyers who do graduate from MDIS, LASALLE and NAFa..

next recruitment is likely in oct, so do get prepared...

should the interview be similar to the last recruitment...

1st day:
-height measurement before entry...
-grp interview
-kebaya(+skin check+height measurement)
-one to one interview

2nd date
-swim round(+skin check + height measurement)
-psychometric test

3rd date
-mgmt interview(2 to 1)
-tea party

there are eliminations for all rounds except psychometric(very rarely)..

thereafter.....proceed for ur medical checkup, preferably to be completed within the next 2 days after tea party...
ul den be called up within 2 weeks regarding ur training date...that is if u put ur notice period as 'immediate'..
following next....ul be mailed ur confirmation and some documents and arrangements for contract signing..

generally...takes abt one half mths from 1st interview to start of training?
again, provided u stated 'able to start work with 'immediate notice'.

as the demand for deployment is rather high....
training periods seem to have been..erm more compact...from 4mths to abt 3 mths plus?

with rgds to the pay...
different qualifications are paid differently(i.e degree and diploma)..ul know it when u receive the terms and conditions. however allowances are all the same..

all in all....its a little rushing...but train us to learn at a faster pace..
and yeap, thats generally abt it.

hope it helps!

forzeof1

Re: *winks*

Post by forzeof1 » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 3:37 pm

grivoise wrote:Hmmm...

At SQ, they didn't seem to have time to go through your application forms before the group interview. So I assume they want to see your potential first before they delve deeper, Do they keep records of how many times you've tried? It would be strange if they were to ask if you've tried for SQ prior to the current interview...

HI,
I think its best that you dont tell them you have tried before.. Unless if the person interviewing you knows that you have tried before then all the best to you.
Cause confirm confirm they will ask you a different set of questions from the rest of the guys. cause i made that mistake once. And I learnt from it..

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Re: *winks*

Post by grivoise » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 3:51 pm

forzeof1 wrote: HI,
I think its best that you dont tell them you have tried before.. Unless if the person interviewing you knows that you have tried before then all the best to you.
Cause confirm confirm they will ask you a different set of questions from the rest of the guys. cause i made that mistake once. And I learnt from it..
Wow, and what kind of questions did they pose you?

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 4:00 pm

ntyj wrote: 1st day:
-grp interview
-one to one interview

2nd date
-psychometric test

3rd date
-mgmt interview(2 to 1)
-tea party

with rgds to the pay...
different qualifications are paid differently(i.e degree and diploma)..ul know it when u receive the terms and conditions. however allowances are all the same..
Wow, I think the height thing is quite tricky! Seems almost like a chance to boot you out!

Heard the basic pay is about SGD1,500?

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 5:25 pm

ntyj wrote:hmm let me confirm this..

there are flyers who do graduate from MDIS, LASALLE and NAFa..

next recruitment is likely in oct, so do get prepared...

should the interview be similar to the last recruitment...

1st day:
-grp interview
-one to one interview

2nd date
-psychometric test

3rd date
-mgmt interview(2 to 1)
-tea party

thereafter.....proceed for ur medical checkup, preferably to be completed within the next 2 days after tea party...
ul den be called up within 2 weeks regarding ur training date...that is if u put ur notice period as 'immediate'..
following next....ul be mailed ur confirmation and some documents and arrangements for contract signing..

generally...takes abt one half mths from 1st interview to start of training?
again, provided u stated 'able to start work with 'immediate notice'.

as the demand for deployment is rather high....
training periods seem to have been..erm more compact...from 4mths to abt 3 mths plus?

with rgds to the pay...

all in all....its a little rushing...but train us to learn at a faster pace..
and yeap, thats generally abt it.

hope it helps!
Dear ntjy,
Thanx so much for the info.
However,I heard that the allowance varies according to where u fly to, is tis correct?
Do u know approximately how much is the basic for O levels,diploma and degree respectively?
Am really curious.
Besides,mind sharing how's the training at SIA like? Tough? Do they still eliminate ppl during the training?Heard u will also fly as a trainee when reaching the end of the training?
Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Blizz

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 7:51 pm

Aquagal wrote:
desijoey wrote:
lindylim wrote:

Hi.. My mass comm degree is also wid MDIS...! Maybe might be your classmate too.... Which batch are u in? Maybe we can meet up for next SIA recruitment together!! keke... :P
Haha hihi!I graduated last year and my batch was BMCD1 0302A.Which batch were u in?Oh yes sure we must meet up and go together for the next interview!U did go for the recent one din u?It was so stressful!My heart was beating so fast!Even the kebaya round was stressful... :???:

kristen
Regular
Regular

Post by kristen » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:16 pm

yipeEee yaaaaaa yeah yipeeeeeeee ya yoO!! so they accept private diplomas too??so wats up wit the diploma from local polytechnics??!goshh! but yeah.....so u are a private diploma holder n currently an air stewardess??

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:03 am

blizz1209 wrote:
blancD wrote:
Greenlife wrote:Dear BlancD,

Basically, I din't know what's went wrong. After we entered the room, we were told by two interviewer that we need to intro ourself and make it less than 1 mins. May be I'm too nervous and can't really speak well.
haiz... do you went there on last weekend? Keen to share your experience?
heya,

unfortunately i couldn't attend because I am busy with my studies. Wish I could though! Perhaps some other time I shall try it out! thanks ya!

cheers
Hi blancD,
R u a student? what r u studying now?
heys,

i'm currently studying, going to finish soon. i'm taking a biz subject, majoring in some cultural, trading kinda thing... haha...
what about u?
"City of Ang3Ls"

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 2:31 am

blizz1209 wrote:Dear ntjy,
Thanx so much for the info.
However,I heard that the allowance varies according to where u fly to, is tis correct?
Do u know approximately how much is the basic for O levels,diploma and degree respectively?
Am really curious.
Besides,mind sharing how's the training at SIA like? Tough? Do they still eliminate ppl during the training?Heard u will also fly as a trainee when reaching the end of the training?
Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Blizz
hmmm..i dont think i shld elaborate much on the basic pay...
all i would say is once u start flying...ur avg will be 3-4k per mth..? they pay u according to which country u fly to...not too little for a dip holder like me...im very satisfied alrdy.. :oops:

training?? fun..very fun...love it!!!
but a little tiring...hence u probably wont see me be posting any more for the next week..but id try to when i have the time k?
SIA will eliminate u when u fail the papers i suppose? or ur attitude is reall bad i guess? hmm..jus make sure u behave bah..
yup...we will get to have a few training flights during training.....