Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
vaunei

Post by vaunei » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:56 am

hi medictbp,

why do you strongly recommend dr.komsad and strongly not recomend yanhee hospital docs?

would appreciate if you provided everyone here in the forum a reason..

thanks! cheers! :)

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 9:12 am

Perfectionista,

I found Dr. Jung on this forum too, and yup I'm happy with the result. He charges US$4K for nose job and I stayed for one week. You can do a search of my old posts and there's lots of info.

I think each doc has a style that he prefers. Dr. Jung likes high bridges and alot of his noses tend to have the same look. So in the consultation i told him to give me NATURAL cuz I dun wanna look too plastic. I think you just need to be very clear on what u want, perhaps bring pics of what you want and what u DON'T want.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 9:23 am

Char,

I hope your bf is kidding when he makes comments about your nose/lips etc. Otherwise I think that's just out of line! He should be boosting your confidence not chipping away at it. And yes, big lips are cool!

Koreangirl,

I can totally see what you mean about Dawn Yang looking less "ethnic" with thin lips. But personally I think its creepy to change your very Chinese face into a caucasion one! I also think that think lips make you look older. If u look at old ladies, when was the last time u saw one with full, luscious lips? Full lips signify youth, and I think they look more sensual. And yes.....Angelina Jolie is totally hot.....need I say more?

Char

Post by Char » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 9:32 am

Hannah Lee wrote:Char,

I hope your bf is kidding when he makes comments about your nose/lips etc. Otherwise I think that's just out of line! He should be boosting your confidence not chipping away at it. And yes, big lips are cool!

Koreangirl,

I can totally see what you mean about Dawn Yang looking less "ethnic" with thin lips. But personally I think its creepy to change your very Chinese face into a caucasion one! I also think that think lips make you look older. If u look at old ladies, when was the last time u saw one with full, luscious lips? Full lips signify youth, and I think they look more sensual. And yes.....Angelina Jolie is totally hot.....need I say more?
Hiya Hannah,

Ahh!!! *screaming!!* I wished he was kidding. He wished my nose is smaller and my lips is a little thinner. He made me think that my inperfection is something to bother about. Now, my nose is my primary problem, lips are secondary.

Can anyone recommend some nose surgeon in Singapore? I've no time to travel for now. HELPPP!!!
*Charmaine*

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:31 am

Hi Char,

I'm abit uncomfortable when i hear about the reason why you want to go for nose and lips job. You are not doing it for yourself, but for someone else. So, what's next after nose and lip job? I'm quite sure he is going to start commenting on other part of your body. Boob? liposuction? deeper eyelid? It's not going to end. Are you really going to continue modifying yourself, just to please other ppl?

If you really think you need the nose and lip surgeries, do it and STOP. You will get addicted, and your BF will start picking faults on other parts of your face or body. Come to a mutual agreement that, he is not to comment that you should do some other surgeries, after the nose and lip job.

Always remember the phrase: "I love you for who you are, not who I want you to be."

/Jovin

Char wrote:
Hiya Hannah,

Ahh!!! *screaming!!* I wished he was kidding. He wished my nose is smaller and my lips is a little thinner. He made me think that my inperfection is something to bother about. Now, my nose is my primary problem, lips are secondary.

Can anyone recommend some nose surgeon in Singapore? I've no time to travel for now. HELPPP!!!
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:45 am

I agree with Jovin's comment......it would really make me feel bad if I felt like my bf didn't love me the way I am. Whatever happened to unconditional love?

I had a hard time convincing my bf that I should get a nose job. He was dead set against me changing anythng but in the end he relented cuz he wants me to be happy. He wants me to stop right here and have NO MORE surgery but I can't promise him that.

I think that everyone deserves to be with someone who makes them feel special and beautiful. If looks matter so much to him, that what's gonna happen as you get older? Beauty is fleeting, there will always be younger and prettier girls around. What's gonna happen then?

I got my nose done cuz I've hated it all my life and I'm so glad I did it for myself. And I think that's the only reason to get surgery, not to please a guy but to make yourself happy!

perfectionista

Post by perfectionista » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:15 pm

Hmmm...i'm now considering the taiwan surgeon which jovin went to...

But first, i've got to start saving up!! Anyway, anyone keen to travel together for the op in that same clinic...let's say, in half a year's time or more? I don't feel good travelling to taipei alone for a surgery like that :(

Oh yah, and really!! I agree with jovin and hannah! No guy should ever make a comment like that if he truly loves you. My guy is pretty against the idea of me even considering a nose job because of risks involved, but also relented eventually. Do it for yourself, not for anyone (especially not the ones who dont deserve it).

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:25 pm

Char if you think about this,your boyfriend is playing dolly up with you by making you change your image here and there...Be proud of what you have now...I personally like women with full lips..As Jovin said,do it for YOURSELF..In the end it's you who's gonna feel it not OTHERS..Think about it.do you want to feel happy for yourself or play barbie with your bf and if others laugh at your looks then it's too late..I'd rather use the money on something more useful like taking up a driving liscence instead of changing your image for others pleasure..Respecting yourself is more important..Okay this is all I gotta say to ya..Good luck in life char.You can tell them this..This is who I am This is how I look and this is ME..If you don't respect me for who I am then why do you want me in the first place?I will be happy enough if I have you.Hehehe :P:P:P:P..

Toodles!! :P :P :P :P :P
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

jared18

nose surgery

Post by jared18 » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 1:11 pm

hi everyone, being very new but have being reading quite alot of post. actually i am quite interested in having my nose tip done abit too flat liao.. now here looking for some help.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 5:44 pm

I truly understand how you gals feel, about BF not wanting you to modify yourself yet relent in the end in hope for you to be happy, but things didn't stop here. You keep thinking about where else you want to modify, until you didn't realise you are getting addicted. You are trying to change into someone whom you are not, in the first place.

Let me share my personal experience. I first started with my nose, i was very happy with the result and i started thinking where else i want to change. I can tell you, i might as well consider a head transplant because i started finding faults with my eyes, lips, cheeks, virtually my whole face. Whenever i look into the mirror, it's not to check whether my hair is tidy or to squeeze that pimple. It's to find faults on my face.

After that, i got a eye job and went for my 2nd Botox jab to further slim my jawline. I'm still not happy. My BF keep reassuring me that I look sexy and good, but i didn't believe him. There must be something else to do right? I can't be that perfect! I changed (without myself knowing), i keep finding faults with my BF but he was patient enough to tolerate all my nonsense. It's when i got myself a tattoo, that got him really pissed off, gave me a good lecture and I finally woke up. What the hell was i doing?! Why am i making myself miserable?

I hope none of you reading this will go through what I had been through. I had wasted 1 year of my life living in dis-satisfaction with myself and feeling I'm not good ENOUGH. And the scary part is, you don't realise you had changed for the worst.

Hannah, you didn't promise your BF that you will stop after the nose job, because you know you will be getting more. You know you will get addicted, that's why you didn't want to commit to his request. But gal, see how miserable i had lead my life for the past 1 year, i hope you won't end up the same as me.

Char, do you actually thought of this before: you modify yourself to whatever your BF wants you to, the nose the eyes the lips.... exactly what and how he wants it. In the end, because of certain reason, you and your BF broke up. Everytime you look into the mirror, you are looking at HIM. You are what he wants, not what you want to be. You will end up getting very depressed and angry, wondering why you go through all these pain for him yet things still didn't work out.

We tends to look at other people in general/overall, but focus into every little detail about ourselves. We assure our friends that their pimple is not obvious, yet we cannot even stand a white head on our nose. No matter how much you change, it's never enough. We might as well be plastic dolls, with porcelain skin and perfect features and figure. But we will end up looking the same as everyone out there, and the cycle starts again... everyone want to be different and everyone starts modifying themselves.

P/S: if possible, watch the drama series Nip Tuck. You will start to realise some things, that reflects on yourself...

/Jovin
Hannah Lee wrote:I agree with Jovin's comment......it would really make me feel bad if I felt like my bf didn't love me the way I am. Whatever happened to unconditional love?

I had a hard time convincing my bf that I should get a nose job. He was dead set against me changing anythng but in the end he relented cuz he wants me to be happy. He wants me to stop right here and have NO MORE surgery but I can't promise him that.

I think that everyone deserves to be with someone who makes them feel special and beautiful. If looks matter so much to him, that what's gonna happen as you get older? Beauty is fleeting, there will always be younger and prettier girls around. What's gonna happen then?

I got my nose done cuz I've hated it all my life and I'm so glad I did it for myself. And I think that's the only reason to get surgery, not to please a guy but to make yourself happy!
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:13 pm

Jovin,

I know what you mean. Life in plastic is really not that fantastic. But oh is it ever addictive. You keep wanting more and more. There really is no end to the madness. I've promised myself (and bf) that after botox for my jawline and a boob job (at some point in the future) I will stop. For good. But who knows what else I will find to fix later on?

The instant gratification that comes with plastic surgery is the hook that reels you in. There is no end. I guess at some point you just have to slap yourself and say STOP enough is enough.

Oh and I love Nip Tuck too. And Dr. 90210 (dunno if you get that here in sg)

Char

Post by Char » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 9:24 pm

Hiya everybody,

Thank you for making me feel better. However, i was thinking of doing a few things other than the nose.

I wanna shape up my nose, liposuction on the thigh and ass. Hahaha.... Ermm.. maybe a boob job, although seconday.

Of course i feel sad, however i think and hope that it will make me more confident about myself. Hehe... *i doubt so* Whatever it is, i keep telling myself that anyway, i live this life only once - got thing just try and that exclude drugs...

Regarding my nose job, i've decided to do it in Singapore. Anyone can recommend any place in Singapore to do a nose job - with reasonable place + good surgical skill??
*Charmaine*

katy

Post by katy » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:54 pm

[quote="Hannah Lee"]Just wondering why you guys want to get lip reduction surgery? I think big lips are sexy! I love my full lips and would never want them to be smaller :?[/quote]

Yup, me love thick lips !!
People pay to have fillers for their lips !!

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:33 pm

Jovin,

Does this mean that you are not going to have anything else done?

perfectionista

Post by perfectionista » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:14 am

Hmmmm..okay. I emailed Dr sukit yesterday with my pictures and have just received his reply, and like what all of you said, he's only willing to do a subtle one.

This is an extraction of his reply to me by email:

"1. the bridge is really low and not difficult to make it higher by the implant
2.the tip is so broad because of the skin and some fat inside and you have to learn that this is the most difficult in asian patient to make it smaller and I think you have to accept that it may not be done
3. the alar base is not so wide but if you place the implant inside the nose the nostril may be smaller because the push by the implant above the nostril
4. alar reduction can be done in limited amount unless it will be too small and not fit to the broad tip and look ugly when you look at the nose as overall"

I THINK i get what he means, but then again i'm not a 100% sure. Is it not possible to sharpen my tip and make it less broad, or is it that he isn't willing to help me with it (well, judging from the comments the rest have given about dr sukit and his reluctant to do anything more than subtle). I want a smaller nose width and sharper nose tip, with also a higher bridge (the nose bridge btwn my eyes seems to not exist :-| ), but i dont think dr sukit is the right surgeon i need. I'm looking for something which isn't MJ-plastic, but i want something more than just a little change for my nose. :(

The problem is seriously annoying me. Sigh.

Jovin dear, think your taipei surgeon can help me with this problem? :)