Singapore Expats

malaysian

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
nafjoy

malaysian

Post by nafjoy » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 7:56 pm

Message Removed
Last edited by nafjoy on Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: For malaysian who is married to singaporean...

Post by ksl » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:53 am

nafjoy wrote:I heard that we need to report to the immigration of malaysia upon registration of marriage? Where is it located? Is there any 'E-service' which allows me to update my status to the malaysia government?
Contact your embassy, they will help you out

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: For malaysian who is married to singaporean...

Post by Plavt » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 2:27 pm

ksl wrote: Contact your embassy, they will help you out
If you they can be bothered to answer the phone. :(

Plavt.

hillview2006
Regular
Regular

Post by hillview2006 » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 3:18 pm

dear.. Yes, you need to register your marriage with the malaysian embassy and the embassy should register your marriage with JPN.

If you are Non-Muslim, here is my advise :- (for muslim the procedure might be different)

The better way is perhaps to trouble yourself a little bit to travel to Johor and visit JPN - Pls contact/go personally to Johor JPN ask for marriage registration department. You also require to produce your status(married, single, divorced etc.) this department should be able to direct you on how to do so. If you go, pls bring along your ROM certificate.

Why i say this?? because...
I’m (malaysian) married to a foreigner in Singapore in 2001.(Church wedding) After the wedding I went to Malaysian embassy in Singapore to register our marriage. DONE, I got my Malaysian Married Certificate. In 2004, my husband got posted to KL and I’m in my 1 month pregnant at that time. In one occasion where I need to proof that we are married – to my surprise in their system (Malaysia) we are not married at all!!!. The officer made a phone call to the Malaysian Embassy in Singapore to confirm our status (she made us to wait for 3 hrs ) well I don’t mind to wait as long as they settle the things.

My Q to the Malaysian officer:- why??? She Said > their system is not link!! OH well.. maybe they have link their system already right??

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EPL » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 4:34 pm

Alternatively, you may want write to the Chief Official Mdm Chan Poh Suan for advice. Her contact email address is posted at www.jpn.gov.my

In the meantime, I think these are the documents you would need
http://www.jpn.gov.my/kawin3.htm

hmm..when is my turn :P :wink:

Jokes aside, hope it helps !
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

nafjoy

Post by nafjoy » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 9:09 am

Message Removed
Last edited by nafjoy on Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kongster

Post by Kongster » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 5:18 pm

Don't worry about the embassy, the people in the embassy are quite professional. So just go get ur documents done and welcome to singapore.