Singapore Expats

Questions About Emirates Interview on the 26th August 2006..

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
flawa

Post by flawa » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 7:05 pm

Plavt wrote:flawa,
A very well written post and some good points regarding the culture of the airline, I find it almost beyond belief people can turn up in sloppy dress for a job where appearance is amongst the most important aspects.

As I have said so many times this is the kind of job where you need to do some research and plan your application accordingly which you clearly have.
Hope you are successful, if you have not already been selected, if you have enjoy your flying career.

Plavt.
Hi Plavt,

thanks for the encouragement and being supportive towards my points. You might remember me with my old posts under the SQ threads with the nick wawa.

Whatever you stated is very true, 110% of thorough research is a MUST if you're really keen to be a cabin crew. Lack of initiave and effort wld just be a waste of time but trust me sometimes life can be so unfair, those who doesnt take this seriously tends to make it but those who does never had the chance to pull thru. I'm speaking frm my experiences, although I'm not and never a cabin crew ever in my life I learned a lot from every process and stage I went thru during all my past interviews; 8 times with SQ and once with Emirates. All this gave me the wealth of knowledge and preparation to always do better cause 'Never say die' attitude is strongly instill in me.

Unfortunately when Emirates and the career as a teacher both came knocking at my door at the same time, I had to only choose one. I never gave up going for every single intv as a cabin crew and always wanted to be one BUT I gave it up just like that when I think of my career prospect and stability thus I rejected Emirates with a deep broken hearted. It was a tough..tough decision to make cause both are 2 tempting job offer. That's why I wana share with fellow friends down here, if you wana make it do it with all your heart never take it lightly.

From my experience again, getting thru Emirates is so much tougher than SQ cause Emirates are very picky and selective in choosing the right girls with the right attitude. They want girls with intellectuality, articulate, smart and warm with pleasent aura. Dont bother abt all these skin checks on how flawless ur skin is, how good you look in the uniform, whether you can 'swim' in the confidence test (my goodness sake, you're swimming in lifejacket!)..blablabla...cmon if you're gd..you're gd! Passengers wdnt want to lift up your uniform n check ur 'flawless' skin'..am I'm right?

Thus, you got to do a lot of research and homework. But dont worry during the briefing for those selected to the 2nd round, the agency will brief everyone tips on what to do and not to do for the subsequent rounds. FYI, their tips are very2 useful and helpful..trust me cause it works for me! Hehehe...

flawa

Post by flawa » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 9:58 pm

Maverick00 wrote:Thanks for the valuable information BaBy G and flawa.

I must say,a very good read based on what flawa has posted.Definitely things to take note for those going down for the interview.

By the way,would like to share a piece of info i came across.Those looking for photo studio to take pic,u can try a photo shop at Causeway Point,Woodlands,basement level.Think its Fuji film,full length pic at $8.They also take passport size pic.

The airlines are looking for pics taken in business attire,based on what i've read on the airlines website with plain background.
Hi Maverick,

just to add on to your recommendation on doing the photoshoot. For those who doesnt want to splurge on the assigned photographer during the intv at $18..I agree with with Maverick's recommendation. Cause it was way a pinch for me wen I was told tat I haf to take a freaking 4R photo which cost me 18 bucks! Very EX! alto they claimed that their normal price was $48! But for those who manage to go tru the final rounds, Emirates will expect you to go for the photoshoot again at their appointed photoshoot studio, Picture Me @ Suntec next to Eng Wah cinema which will cost you another BOMB!. Just some info to share!

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:07 pm

Thanks flawa! Really appreciate yr advices! Thanks again....=)
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

Maverick00

Listed In Straits Times Classified

Post by Maverick00 » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:58 am

Hey ya all,
Would just like to highlight to everyone that Emirates Open Day is advertised in todays (23th August 2006) Straits Times Classified paper,the last page.

But what puzzles me is that,unlike what was mentioned in this thread that the inteview is only for females,it isnt stated in the Straits Times that its strictly for females only.Instead its stated as Seeking Cabin Crew.

Does tat mean that the men are also welcome to apply unlike the previous open day when it was stated tat its open strictly to ladies only?

This is really getting confusing man.... :???:

Lol :D

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:35 pm

:o
Last edited by toygirl on Thu, 24 Aug 2006 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Re: Listed In Straits Times Classified

Post by lindyhoppe » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 1:13 pm

Maverick00 wrote:Hey ya all,
Would just like to highlight to everyone that Emirates Open Day is advertised in todays (23th August 2006) Straits Times Classified paper,the last page.

But what puzzles me is that,unlike what was mentioned in this thread that the inteview is only for females,it isnt stated in the Straits Times that its strictly for females only.Instead its stated as Seeking Cabin Crew.

Does tat mean that the men are also welcome to apply unlike the previous open day when it was stated tat its open strictly to ladies only?

This is really getting confusing man.... :???:

Lol :D
Hello,

I haven't read the supposed advertisement on Straits Times that specified "air stewardess", and since today's papers only stated "cabin crew" you might want to give it a try. The website also did not indicate only females welcomed for the open day - I guess you can call up the local office now to check once and for all to clear your doubts? Even if they are only looking for ladies, the preparation that you make for the interview would be beneficial for your upcoming applications with other airlines or in future, Emirates again. I know of some other guys who are trying on Sat too; you might want to refer to the Emirates forum to look for them.

All the best! :)

BaBy G

Walk in on the 26th

Post by BaBy G » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 5:44 pm

Hi all...

Just want to share my experience on how it went earlier today...
i was there by 9am and this time around there were not many people i should say but there were no guys.... Then well all lined up to register however the guys were only requested to leave their CV & Pictures and could leave.. However the girls proceeded to a room where we were seated 10 persons in a row. We had to do the height test and the fill up the Personal particulars form....

i was in the 2nd group that went in for the group discussion.......
of coz there was 10 of us.. and our questions was....
If you are the rich with lots of power what would u do?

So of coz u can think about alot of ideas rite... eg: welfare homes, help the needy and the list goes on...

then we were ask to wait outside for the results... only 3 of us managed to get through to the next round.....

will update u guys on how it goes then....

CHeers all.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 6:36 pm

As confirmed, guys were not recruited - Anyway, those who went, consider your resumes kept on file or in the shredder. Sorry to burst anyone's bubbles here.

BabyG - Congrats - You will probably go through a briefing session to prepare you for the Recruitment Team - I strongly advise you to go to prepare yourself fully. This airline uses behavioral recruitment approach which is not easy to fool and many girls will be eliminated as the day progresses.

I wish you success as I can assure you this is the most challenging interview process so far! :D

Windy

Post by Windy » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:38 am

Went down to Holiday Inn today and the interviews was only for ladies.... darn!! (what a waste of time)

The admin staff didn't seem to give a hoot to the guys and convieniently ask the guys to fill up the form and "put" aside the applications.
They could have just state in their adverts that they are looking for ladies only, and not "give" the guys false impression

As what toygirl mentioned, i reckon they will just "throw" the male applications away. Waste $$ on the photos.... darn :mad: :lol: :lol:

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:57 am

I don't want to say this but heck I will - "I told you so" :) Emirates stopped recruitment of SIN guys for a while already.

Anyhow, Qatar will be here on 3rd, you may try for that - But crew welfare there isn't too good, but I think if you don't mind the welfare bit and deductions here and there, you can go for the walk-in.

SIA has a recruitment day tommorrow - final day.

Windy

Post by Windy » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 2:04 am

doubt i will try qatar..

anyway... they didn't say "ladies" only... so guys whom understand english and went down shouldn't be penalised, but rather the recruitment agency should review their ads.

oh well.. it's already over.... just let the photo taking companies make more $$$ :lol:

BaBy G

Post by BaBy G » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:00 pm

Guys....

I know it may be dissapointing to get up early, get dressed and prepare everything then when u r finally there they just ask you to leave you resume and picture.

however dont give up... try for Qatar.... i know its may not be a bed of roses but then if u dont try you wont know wat u r in for...

CHeers Guys

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:37 pm

Hi..

I dont know why they dont take SIN guys.. but i dont think they need any at the moment, they didnt take any SIN guys last month as well. maybe because they think most of SIN guys are skinny????thats how the SIN guys looked on the day i went tho. not saying all SIN guys are skinny.

btw congrats Baby G for passing the 1st round, i went for the emirates interview in july 8th in SIN, flew all the way from Indo, cus my dream airline is emirates. passed the 1st round, went back to jkt, cuz the 2nd round is 2 weeks from that, then flew back to SIN (freakin broke now) for the 2nd, on the 2nd round there will be 2 recruitment officers from emirates who were a cabin crew too. One of them are lebanese, she said she's going to be in singapore again in august.

they will tell you to ask to your right about
1. the most humiliating moments of their life
2. what she loves the most
and then you have to introduce her to your group and tell all that you have asked.

so be sure to practice that!! smile a lot. i didnt do this introducing thing pretty good, i repeated the sentences because i was so nervous. believe it happened to most of us, and we didnt know that the 2nd group discussion will be that. so make sure u are prepared, practice in front of mirror or in front of ur fam. it really helps.

2ndly..

they will tell you to do a group discussion not different from the 1st group discussion, the key is DONT TALK TOO MUCH, and be enthusiast and listen to your friends, and encourage a quite friend to share her thoughts thats a plus. they have a check list of that, so make sure you do that.

me i was so busy remembering that and it made me forgot about it. i was so tense because i want it soooo bad and thinking ooo im gona screw this all the time. i think its better when ur calm.

and then they going to tell you to get out and call you back after they decided and a paper with your number in it are provided on the table and they will take about 6-10 people out of 40. that sucks really, its not even half.

after that you got an english test, psycho test and another group discussion and then final interview 2 days after. its about an hour interview.

at the end they will take about 5-10 people.

-------

actually i went to singapore just to try it out for experience and to prepare my self for the real thing which is in Dubai, so i wouldnt fail in dubai. didnt plan to go to singapore at 1st, but my mom insisted me to. and im here in dubai right now for holiday, went to drop off my cv to the emirates headquarters and then stupidly i told her that ive been interviewed by emirates before, and she told me she cant accept my application because i havent passed the 6 months.

and there are a lot of my friends here (cabin crew emirates) that didnt have any problem about the 6 months, they had another interview before the 6 months passed, but they smart thing is they didnt told them hehehehehehehehehe

i didnt know why i told her that.. so stupid.

and all is wasted, flew all the way just to have an interview well plus a holiday and visiting my boyfriend and friends and to check dubai out but still its a real heart breaker.. and im so jealous of all the cabin crew here.. living the life that i want to live.

im coming back to jakarta on the 31st, i got shortlisted for the SIA indonesian cabin crew on the 1st. wish me luck..

ooo BTW all my friends said.. LUCK plays big part in this interview. really!!
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

tabby

Post by tabby » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 6:53 pm

What is expected for the 2nd selection round for emirates?is it true that more than 3/4 of the previously selected ones will be eliminated?

Windy

Post by Windy » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 6:58 pm

hey Baby_G,

Thanks for the encouragement, Qatar Air not my kind off tea. Maybe the next SQ intreview... till then...

Anyway congrats on making it to the next round... :D