Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lindylim

Post by lindylim » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 3:02 pm

karen87 wrote:
lindylim wrote:have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

I think as long as you haf a diploma cert will do..right?

so u mean i should go ahead and try? i've dip but i got a D7 English.. yar. regretted nt retaking it in my yr1.. :?

reef

Post by reef » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 3:13 pm

niennaanarion wrote:been reading the 300 pages all nite, havent finished yet. so far from what ive read they take around 30-40 guys, nothing about girls. im not asking for the exact number =) just the estimate number hehe is it double then the guys?100???heheheh please?
Hi,

Not trying to be rude here, but i don't think anyone here would be able to answer that question. According to the SIA interviewer, there is no quota as to how many girls they will be taking per intake.

MARlia V.

Post by MARlia V. » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 3:32 pm

Hi Guys!!

Would like to share with you my interview experience yesterday! Out of the ten people in my batch, three got through for the interview. I was one of them. :D

Proceeded to the Kebaya Fitting Round but got eliminated eventually when they found discrepencies in my qualification. I only have 4 credit in 'O' Level, you see. Tried negotiating with them that i would be retaking the 2 subjects that i have failed this Nov but it turned unsuccessful. They said it wouldnt be fair to the rest.

Well, i couldnt give you much advice but as far i got through, do smile ALL THE TIME. Speak confidently. Be as natural as you can to bring that personality out of you. All the lucks! :girl:

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 4:08 pm

MARlia V. wrote:Hi Guys!!

Would like to share with you my interview experience yesterday! Out of the ten people in my batch, three got through for the interview. I was one of them. :D

Proceeded to the Kebaya Fitting Round but got eliminated eventually when they found discrepencies in my qualification. I only have 4 credit in 'O' Level, you see. Tried negotiating with them that i would be retaking the 2 subjects that i have failed this Nov but it turned unsuccessful. They said it wouldnt be fair to the rest.

Well, i couldnt give you much advice but as far i got through, do smile ALL THE TIME. Speak confidently. Be as natural as you can to bring that personality out of you. All the lucks! :girl:
Hi,I am sorry to hear that you got eliminated during the Kebaya Fitting.

So are you gonna try again?If you are I betcha,you will sail through smoothy.And 1 more thing.Don't your mouth ache from smiling all the time??Even Sensodyne can't beat it.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 4:13 pm

niennaanarion wrote:been reading the 300 pages all nite, havent finished yet. so far from what ive read they take around 30-40 guys, nothing about girls. im not asking for the exact number =) just the estimate number hehe is it double then the guys?100???heheheh please?
there is no quota, and if 3 out of 10 girls fit their requirements i'm sure 3 out of the 10 will end up in the final round. as for your question, there is really no quota, just that the girls go through more interview rounds than the guys.
"City of Ang3Ls"

karen87

Post by karen87 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 5:00 pm

lindylim wrote:
karen87 wrote:
lindylim wrote:have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

I think as long as you haf a diploma cert will do..right?

so u mean i should go ahead and try? i've dip but i got a D7 English.. yar. regretted nt retaking it in my yr1.. :?
Yep..i think you should give it a try. Your english shldnt be tat bad if you are able to get your diploma. You going to the next interview?

Amber

Post by Amber » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 6:20 pm

Hi i would like to know how do you girls curb your nervousness during your lst interview? Though everytime i manage to finish saying what i have in mind..but its hard for me to say it with a smile cos everytime i do that..my mouth end up shivering and i become very unnatural...guess thats y 2nd attempt i still can't get pass the lst stage....
I also realize the interviewers always look disinterested when i'm talking or either that they r not even lookin at me....how do you catch their attention....?? feeling demoralized...

Windy

Post by Windy » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 7:19 pm

amber....

dun be sad, try again...perhaps all of us need more practice, as it's indeed intidimating with so many people in the room and everyone is as nervous, as all would want to be selected.

try again girl... i'm in the same boat as you. Got rejected too :D :D
till the next interview then.

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Water Confidence Test

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 8:32 pm

Dear all,

Is any1 scheduled to attend the water confidence test on 29/30 August? From the previous threads,i have noticed there'll be skin checks and psychometric test. Is this round with high passing rate? Will we be informed if we are selected for the next round straight after the session? Usually how soon will be the next round, ie: management?

I went 4 the walk-in on the 1st day. It's really scary 2 see that SIA eliminates people like nobody's business, they r so strict. Am feeling so worried and stress. Sigh...

Any1 is willing 2 share some experiences or on the same boat with me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Blizz

crewbe

Post by crewbe » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:00 pm

wao, juz interview yesterday and today only so fast schduled for water test liao?

anyway do they test you after 6pm? coz is like if you are working at the same time you cant be attending their interview round every now and then rite? do they fail you during the 4mth traning?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:26 pm

BlancD,

It's no joke being in my position. All my batch mates have started training, and I'm still left hanging here. You won't wanna experience it man. It sucks. But, if it's worth the wait. Why not?

So did you went for the walk in this time????

reef

Post by reef » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:47 pm

crewbe wrote:wao, juz interview yesterday and today only so fast schduled for water test liao?

anyway do they test you after 6pm? coz is like if you are working at the same time you cant be attending their interview round every now and then rite? do they fail you during the 4mth traning?

Hi crewbe,

The swimming confidence test are only held during office hours and on weekdays only. You will definately have to take leave for that day.

Also bear in mind, should you pass your swimming confidence test, your mgt interview test will fall on a weekday too...so make sure u have 2 days leave to cover you.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:02 pm

Is the management round very scary?
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:18 pm

steward,

mgmt is less daunting than the group interview. Cos' by then, you should have known what to say, what to wear and the DON'T. As long as preparation is done well. The mgmt interview would be like a cliche. But pay attention to ur body language, and NEUTRAL expression. It's important.

crewbe

Post by crewbe » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:22 pm

reef wrote:
crewbe wrote:wao, juz interview yesterday and today only so fast schduled for water test liao?

Hi crewbe,

The swimming confidence test are only held during office hours and on weekdays only. You will definately have to take leave for that day.

Also bear in mind, should you pass your swimming confidence test, your mgt interview test will fall on a weekday too...so make sure u have 2 days leave to cover you.
thanks reef... coz i just got my new job and not suppose to get any leaves within 3mths. i actually wanna go today but still quite no confidence in my figure 164cm/56kg. thinking of sheding some weight off first before sia nx recruitment. anyway do you get paid during the 4 mths of training? coz i heard the training is like 8 to 5 everyday and it is quite impossible to keep other jobs when you are undergoing their traning. and do they just kick you out when you fail one of the training? or they extend your traning? i really cant imagine if you quit your job then they fail your training... you have to start hunting for other jobs again. but i think thats just the risk that you have to take being an air crew. sighz.

last question~~ when they say diploma in local poly do they still judge ur o's result ? coz for my o's level i only have 4 credits (including eng n chinese). but my eng only c6~~ haiz

haha... thanks for reading at all my naggings~~