Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:52 pm

I personally think that, the reason why this elimination rate is higher, is bcos' they more or less have hit the target or quota they they want. Probably short of another 1 or 200? I guess only la... But no matter what, just try again. And make it in this yr... Cos' i supposed they're not recruitng as much next yr.

You went today irin?

EddieJB

Post by EddieJB » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:19 pm

I went to the interview 2day...Sad, i was failed in the 1st round...i think bcoz i so nervous during the self-intro n somemore tis was my very 1st time...Nway, i gonna to try on next week in KL...So, juz kip my fingers cross...
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

irin

Post by irin » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:26 pm

Last edited by irin on Sun, 24 Aug 2008 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:26 pm

desijoey wrote:Hi pinkpeace!Ya!the lady sent me packing as soon as she told me my height fell below their min requirement.I was quite shocked actually and said "alamak 1 cm!Cannot go thru?"She juz shook her head and said sorri...wah I felt so sad!It was a youngish malay lady...
oh wow... now i feel so stressed!! :(
suddenly lost confidence to even try :( :( :(

flyinghigh

Post by flyinghigh » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:32 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
karen87 wrote:
lindylim wrote:have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

I think as long as you haf a diploma cert will do..right?
Yes you are right,a Diploma is good enough to apply as a FA for SIA.

Do you know that 98% of Pilots are Diploma holders.
hi, your last line on the qualification of the pilots is kinda wrong. Maybe you shld check it out :) cheers!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:01 am

Irin,

Go again. Well,unless ur like 30+, you can still try again. Why stop urself from something that you want it badly. If you think that's a flaw of urs, den you n adjust other areas to overwrite ur 'flaw'. It's not a flaw actually, every one age.

Whatsoever, dun give up. Try again!!!

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:05 am

erm...correct wad koko7 said, the interviewer merely mentioned I MAY go back to try if i wan...but its still subjected to those at the reception?

anyway...did anyone not pass the qualification rd even though u told them that u will be graduating at end of year??

cos i noe at previous recruitment rds......
SIA did give allowance of a couple of months to those who have yet graduated....only till they produce the cert, SIA will den sign the bond with them.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:12 am

ntjy,

ur finally here....! true true, SIA do give allowance. Cos' real life account do exist, like me. SIA is still waiting for my transcripts b4 they can scheduled me for training.

Anyway nic, I cleared my medical le!!!!!!!! hooray! they just called me like 3 days ago. After one whole mth of waiting in vain...

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:24 am

is anyone going later on? sunday ?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:44 am

koko77 wrote:ntjy,

ur finally here....! true true, SIA do give allowance. Cos' real life account do exist, like me. SIA is still waiting for my transcripts b4 they can scheduled me for training.

Anyway nic, I cleared my medical le!!!!!!!! hooray! they just called me like 3 days ago. After one whole mth of waiting in vain...
congrats koko!
have u actually signed the contract prior to this? i mean, even before u show your transcripts? do let me know!
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:51 am

blancD,

Nope, they called like a few days ago telling me i cleared my medical, but mine is put on pending bcos' they need certain requirement and documents to process my application. I was like freaking shock initially, i tot it was some bad news. My heart was in my mouth...

Mary from SIA called, asking me when I will be able to send in the transcript and all...

I hope everything goes well now. I must study hard la... I'm left with 1 mth + to grad..

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:45 am

koko77 wrote:blancD,

Nope, they called like a few days ago telling me i cleared my medical, but mine is put on pending bcos' they need certain requirement and documents to process my application. I was like freaking shock initially, i tot it was some bad news. My heart was in my mouth...

Mary from SIA called, asking me when I will be able to send in the transcript and all...

I hope everything goes well now. I must study hard la... I'm left with 1 mth + to grad..
that must be good news for your ears man!!! congrats and i hope i can experience whats in your position now! hehe :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 9:00 am

hi...

I got shortlisted for SIA indonesian cabin crew..

do you guys know, how many are they looking for at the moment?
is it a large number? or just around 5-10, because thats how much that gets in on most of emirates interviews, but emirates recruits people every month all around the world (well almost, since they havent had any since apr 2005, bummer) unlike SIA which recruits every once in a while..
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:18 pm

niennaanarion wrote:hi...

I got shortlisted for SIA indonesian cabin crew..

do you guys know, how many are they looking for at the moment?
is it a large number? or just around 5-10, because thats how much that gets in on most of emirates interviews, but emirates recruits people every month all around the world (well almost, since they havent had any since apr 2005, bummer) unlike SIA which recruits every once in a while..
nobody can EVER be certain of the number they're looking for, to understand better, you got to read the previous posts from 300?
it is just that recently, they're exercising a major recruitment.
SIA does not have a fixed trend of recruitment.
"City of Ang3Ls"

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:46 pm

been reading the 300 pages all nite, havent finished yet. so far from what ive read they take around 30-40 guys, nothing about girls. im not asking for the exact number =) just the estimate number hehe is it double then the guys?100???heheheh please?
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan