Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:56 pm

Okay gliny..If I over reacted then I am sorry.Anyway I don't like to have enemies..Sorry yeah.Friends? :) I hate to comment about others.I respect everyone for who they are..No matter what race what sex I respect all human beings.Exept for satan.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

karen87

Post by karen87 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:20 pm

lindylim wrote:have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

I think as long as you haf a diploma cert will do..right?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:30 pm

karen87 wrote:
lindylim wrote:have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

I think as long as you haf a diploma cert will do..right?
Yes you are right,a Diploma is good enough to apply as a FA for SIA.

Do you know that 98% of Pilots are Diploma holders.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 7:25 pm

How was the response today? I know it's overwhelming, izzit more or izzit less? I guess this forum more or less help some of them to get thru. PEOPLE, tell us abt ur experience man!!!!!!!

cheerssss..

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:16 pm

Hihi everyone!I went for the SIA interview dis morning and boy was it packed to the brim!The queue was so long!I was lucky I got there at 9am and got the 10.30am slot for the group interview.

A few things I realised was SIA is very,and I mean VERY,concerned about the way a gal/guy presents her/himself so those trying out tmw,SMILE and be very CONFIDENT!Talk naturally and maintain eye contact with the interviewers and,if possible,if ur fellow interviewees.Outta 10 in my group only 4 of us got chosen so u can roughly imagine.

Another thing is dat SIA is also VERY concerned about paper qualifications.No point trying ur luck if u do not meet their minimum educational qualifications.They will just send u off.

And they also are VERY concerned about height.I got thru to the kebaya round but when I was measured as 157cm,the lady sent me packing.

Not trying to be a dampener on any aspiring SIA stewardess/stewards but SIA is terribly strict.Alittle more stricter than Emirates.I'll try stretching somemore and go for SIA again the next time coz I'm only short of 1 darn cm.Argh!*pulls hair from roots* :x

No harm trying though coz the experience will do anyone alot of good.At least u know if ur SIA material.Haha...Good luck for all those trying out tmw!:)

pinkpeace7

Post by pinkpeace7 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:30 pm

Hi desijoey,

The lady whom measured your height really send you back immediately?! That's strange, cos I got thr the Kebaya round during the July intake, and I'm only 156.5. The lady measuring my height was really nice though. And other girls below the mark also went thr the Kebaya..

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:32 pm

Hi pinkpeace!Ya!the lady sent me packing as soon as she told me my height fell below their min requirement.I was quite shocked actually and said "alamak 1 cm!Cannot go thru?"She juz shook her head and said sorri...wah I felt so sad!It was a youngish malay lady...

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:34 pm

that was for the july interview.. from what i heard of my fren the kebaya round not the same as in the julyone. now they have like cat walking as well as the carrying of the tray as of what some others have said at the beginning of the thread.
so they are really strict this time round

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:37 pm

Yes yes dats true nana!Even the kebaya round was uber stressful!And outta 10 at the beginning of the interview,only 4 made it thru in my group to the kebaya round and and 2 (me included) made it pass the checking of educational qualification.After height measurement only 1 lady was left from my group.Abit KNS.I hope she goes thru though...:)

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:40 pm

im 157cm as well., so dun tink i will be lucky enuff to get through this time round.my friend's group onli 2 went thru the 1st round.

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:42 pm

So stressful isn't it?I've a cousin who's undergoing training in SIA now and she's juz about my height...Maybe we can stretch abit more?Like swim and skip more ad then try again in the next intake?haha...dats the advice my parents gave me....:p

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:44 pm

I think posters may find much of what is going on depends on how many staff the airline needs. Sometime back they quite obviously required more staff than normal and thus waived the normal strictness of requirements.

This may explain the not inconsiderable number of contradictions posted here. Desijoey, sorry you have been unlucky and hope you can find something to suit your wishes.

Plavt.

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:48 pm

Hey Plavt thanks for ur consolation...It's perfectly fine with me as I know I can always try again for airline careers.It's juz a tad agonizing to know dat I din get thru coz I was only 1cm shorter than required.But it was a good experience and I urge all gals/guys to take dis opportunity to juz try it out.It's stressful but kinda fun and exciting at the same time. :D Guess there's no harm trying for anyone ya?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:12 pm

disjoey,

I'm sorry for ur plight. If you refer back to ntyj's thread, she did mentioned that she's 157 and she got thru. I think it 's more or less on the luck thing you see. Her bf went today, I guess the elimination was kinda high, but the interviewer said like, those whu were rejected today can try again tmr. It's not that bad afterall, at least you won't have to wait till ike a couple of months later before the next intake.

Why not try again tmr man. Trick: the moment you step out of ur bed, stretch all you can. Cos' ur body tends to stretch the most after you wake up. I dunno how true, but you can try......

Good luck!!!

irin

Post by irin » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:47 pm

yup, today was kinda of strict. the elimination rate is high compare to the july walk-in.

but i don't think one can go back again tmr cos they will have ur records in their system.