Singapore Expats

Jumping Rope

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Jumping Rope

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:49 am

Does Jumping Rope help to increase your vertical jump??

I am a basketball player and I want to increase my vertical jump so I can slam dunk..

Please give me some advice on how to increase your Vertical Jump.

I am 170 in height.(Not a problem becasue ALLEN IVERSON CAN DUNK AT THIS HEIGHT).Allen Iverson is one of the shortest players in the NBA.He is from the Philadelphia 76ers and he is now 185cm..He could dunk at a height of 170cm when he was in high school..Eastern Conference League.

Nate Robinson who is 176 cm or so can also slam dunk..I think it's because of his leg muscles..He is in the NBA too..His leg muscles are HUGE..

Thank you.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

OPT
Regular
Regular

Post by OPT » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:06 am

Short answer - No

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 1:29 pm

OPT,

Why not give him the long answer. What will increase his ability to launch himself vertically higher than what he is capable of now? How about skipping rope with shot-filled ankle weights? There has to be some mode of exercise that will enable one to jump higher vertically.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

OPT
Regular
Regular

Post by OPT » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 1:45 pm

The reason I gave him the short answer was becuase the long answer is far too long and complicated to post here.

No - skipping with angle weights will not help.

Sorry I can't give more detail as there are just so many factors that it would involve posting an entire book here.

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”