Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Post by merliongal26 » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:24 am

True... a little silly to ask " Is 156 ok?"

They will probably tell u " we stated 158 and above. can you read?"

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:37 am

reef wrote:
I don't think anyone should call them up on such trival matters. They (Cabin crew section) are extremely busy and I dont think such questions will be entertained. Imagine the no. of call they will receive if everyone want to ask about questions that has already been clearly stated in the requirement.
Hmmm..... reef you have a point but this issue was a 'bone of contention' a little while back with some posters claiming that they were prepared to take you so long as you could reach a mark on the wall (same height as the onboard overhead lockers). Personally I don't think it will do any harm to ring them up but in the end it is up to the individual to decide.

Do please note some on this board who are or will be stewards/stewardesses claim to be below the minimum.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:45 am

I'd say in this situation,the best thing is to go and try it out..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 1:39 am

merliongal26 wrote:True... a little silly to ask " Is 156 ok?"

They will probably tell u " we stated 158 and above. can you read?"
have to agree with this. They might be some exceptions for education level and you might be let of because you're only shorter by one cm, but i guess you'll have to try it out and take the risk yourself. you can probably try to adjust status quo a little? lolx... but whatever it is, there's a MIN requirement to meet, so try and understand that.
but to those who will betrying out but is a little shorter or little less than minimum requirement, good luck!! dont put too much hopes but give it your best shot!
"City of Ang3Ls"

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 8:34 am

Like what reef has said, as long as you can reach with your hands the required height it shouldnt be a problem. Probably you're short, but your long hands make up for it? haha. This may just be the case for my friend.

lindylim

Post by lindylim » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 9:26 am

have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:10 pm

lindylim wrote:have anyone u know has diploma but she/he fails O Level English got into SIA? or will they reject juz because she/he fails e english paper?

Did you read the application form??

It stated ENGLISH AS THE TOP PRIORITY FOR THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT.

They will reject you on the spot.

HERE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS!!

Local Flight Stewardess/ Steward
We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

Application Details
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.

Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.

Interviews will be conducted on 26 and 27 August 2006 at:

Raffles City Convention Centre
Swissotel The Stamford
4th Level – Atrium Ballroom
No. 2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 1:40 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:THIS AINT NO PLAYIN AROUND NIGGA..THIS IS WORK AND IF YOU AINT PASSIN YO ENGLISH YOU AINT GONNA GET A CHANCE FOR THE INTERVIEW BUDDY..SO ALL YALL NIGGAS WHO WANNA GET INTO SIA PLEASE PASS YOUR ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELLA SICK OF TELLING YOU PEOPLE THIS!!!NIGGAS AINT TRIPPEN YA'LL!!
Don't talk like you know the slang. You're an Asian and please stay that way. It's such a turn of the way you put it. And get this, "you ain't gettin yo chance too if you aint keepin yo english right". You'll fail your English with this kind of English that you're learning.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:02 am

I know you're informing the right thing but yeah..control your language and slang. =)
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:11 am

FYI, your post contains racist comments. Stop using the slang. I'd rather you stick with Singlish coz I believe that's the slang you grew up with.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:13 am

singaporegrrl wrote:FYI, your post contains racist comments. Stop using the slang. I'd rather you stick with Singlish coz I believe that's the slang you grew up with.

Aight sorry...But I am too used to american slang..But I don't say nigger in my speeches..I hope you understand..PM me if you wanna talk because it's innapropriate to discuss about this right here..Sorry once again..I wasn't referring 'Nigger' to anyone..I was just playing...Sorry Sorry Sorry..

I know the slang alright..I have been to Philadelphia and all over America for a lot of times..I have plenty of friends there..That was how I got influenced..You just do not know what happened to me back there.No offence yeah.Okay case closed..Singaporegrrl I am sorry.I hope you forgive me.. :cool: :cool: Cool?Friends?
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 2:19 am

Before this gets out of hand I have PM'd Sq-steward-Shazni and informed him the word Nigga/Nigger offends black people and in the UK is often regarded as racist.

Should anybody need to be sure of slang words please use an Oxford dictionary which lists words regarded as racist.

Plavt.

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 8:36 am

Why act as if you're some american blacks when u're not. Plain silly.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:29 pm

Dude enough..Didn't plavt already settled this??

You really can't get enough of it don't you...

Have you ever been to Philadelphia?If not don't comment about me trying to act like an american black.What do you know about the life in Philly??I have stayed there for quite some time so I know it.To those out there who wanna hate me then hate me.This is who I am.

P.S. I know what it's like to try to act as someone else..But in SINGAPORE I DO NOT USE THE AMERICAN SLANG..I only use it in my written texts..Is that wrong??Where is my FREEDOM OF SPEECH??Don't tell me I do not have any freedom of speech..And am I speaking like an American NOW?I am just using standard English.
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:52 pm

Its just a comment. Need not be so worked up. It's only just a criticism. Yes you may say anything you like. But, other users have the right to say whatever they want too. I hope you get this point right. By the way, there is nothing directed right at you. It's just a quote my friend. Take it or leave it.