Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 3:44 pm

If i can afford it, i'll go to Dr Jung in Korea...

now dr sukit says he can do the nose implant in the natural high and adjust the nose alar to make it small and fit to the other structures.

in his previous reply he said it's very difficult to make it smaller..
alarplasty can be done with carefully because it will cause the tip more obvious and may not correct the width of the alar that look big because of the skin and fat thickness.

so now i'm thinking.. regarding the width of my nose, he can or he can't do it...

probably i have a big fat nose, but till now he has never say he won't do my nose for me.. just that he keeps saying difficult. anyone here has done alarplasty with him? is it good?

The cost for implant is 450 and alar is 300.

Char

Post by Char » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:23 pm

spendalot wrote:ok since so many ppl wan to visit dr sukit.. y nt i start the ball rolling... below is a name list... those who wan to go to see dr sukit for surgery this dec, u all can fill up ur nick in this list... n we will arrange to meet up ok?

1. iamdanny
2. spendalot

Wait wait... What's this Mr. Sukit about? A very good plastic surgeon in Singapore? I wanna do a nose job and went to Mt. Elizabeth that day for consulation and it is like 7k+ as it is a pte hospital.

Is this Mr. Sukit cheaper or anything?
*Charmaine*

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 7:07 pm

char: dr sukit is a doc in thailand in yanhee hospital.... local doc charges all very ex...

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 7:09 pm

voix wrote:vitamins: hey! i think you only look for sukit if you're looking for simple surgeries. one of the members here astar said that sukit wont do it for her cos she has a bulbous nose but isnt that what rhino is for? he only do implants but there are other good surgeons out there. depends on what are your needs.

huh? bulbous nose dr sukit wun do? erm if one has a nice nose then he/she dun need to do surgery lo... bulbous nose then need to do leh... anyway i confirm with everything with dr sukit... i'll be going this dec to let him do my nose... those interested to join me, can pm me... the more company the more moral support we can gv each other

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 7:17 pm

voix wrote:i'm going around end nov early dec as well. if i do meet you guys there maybe we can go out for dinner?

u wan to join us for the trip? nw gt 3 ppl le... 4 wil be gd... since u doing in dec, u can join us? we can oso gv moral support to each other...

thanks to those who responded... we shall meet up one day to organise the trip n stuff n confirm the dates for surgery...

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 7:29 pm

No one interested to go to Dr Danny Oh in Penang for rhinoplasty? I've read of good reviews about him on another forum, and am planning to go next month or Oct...

spendalot

Re: rhinoplasty

Post by spendalot » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 9:14 pm

sillychick wrote: hmmm. well, of cos the swelling doesnt go down immediately.. it takes about a month or so before u can see the results of ur nose more clearly, cos now when i look back at pics that i took in the 1st 2, 3 weeks after my op, my nose bridge looks rather high even tho the increase in height wasnt that much as it looks... and now when i look at my nosebridge, it's much lower than that time.
about meeting people a week after the op, i think it shld be alright, lk the swelling shldnt be so bad as the 1st few days following the op. however, if ur nose bridge was pretty non-existent in the 1st place, then it Might be a lil obvious. so if ure worried that people will notice, maybe get a new haircut, dye job, a fringe or something? yeah. and just remember to act natural! heh. for me, i tried to give myself about 2 weeks before really meeting up with people... my family didnt notice anything strange about my face when i came back frm bkk tho, which i was quite surprised about cos i would have thought that they would know my face best yeah. i was abit paranoid when it came to meeting my friends tho, cos i kept feeling that they were scrutinising my face. hur. but so far, no one has really said anything. hmm.
btw, i just did a simple rhinoplasty with dr sukit, i-shaped implant yeah.
Hi, great idea! I shall get a perm after that kekeke....sounds good that your family didnt notice after you went home. Its reassuring to hear that.
Thats what I want, i-shaped implant. I dont want to do everything all at once.

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 2:06 am

iamdanny: if i can then we'll go together? but now still a bit early to say cos nothing's confrimed yet.

no no guys. hahas. what i mean is that sukit can do those say add height but those that requires to reduce the size by quite a bit, he either wont do or i think will be quite reluctant. but then, thats not the point, the point is, i hope everyone would meet a responsible surgeon who will disguess with them their needs realisticlly and have wonderful service.

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by babyevil85 » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 4:09 am

hi voix , acutally whatever u say now is useless , we cant predict things by photo because it only juge 60% by doctor . and things may not come out wat we wan after surgery , its all depend on lucky . Lets go see doctor and see how things get done .. BTW i am danny and guys who wanna go thailand . wanna meet up on saturday to have a cup of coffee and discusse about it ?

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:02 am

which is why i say nothing is confirmed. but you need to have some basic info and examples as well as reviews on the doctor right? you cant go without knowing anything and say i want this that and this. what i'm saying is that it's good to have another doctor there who can give you a second opinion or ask a doctor here who can give you a second opinion. dont rush into things.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 8:38 pm

voix wrote:which is why i say nothing is confirmed. but you need to have some basic info and examples as well as reviews on the doctor right? you cant go without knowing anything and say i want this that and this. what i'm saying is that it's good to have another doctor there who can give you a second opinion or ask a doctor here who can give you a second opinion. dont rush into things.
ya we shdn't rush things... surgery is a big matter... we shd do all the necessary research on the doc we wan to let him do surgery, then aft tt jus pray hard everything goes right... but we muz be mentally prepared that we may nt get wad we wan cos nothing is 100% safe

i prefer dr sukit cos i jus wan to add height n bridge to my nose tt's all.. nothing too complicated... cos all the sg doc i consulted advised me to jus put an implant can le... no need for alar or reduce size or sth.. so dr sukit i shaped implant is suitable for me

vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:02 pm

yea voix i understand that.. thats why im now gathering more information too... :)

some people don't even get the kind of perfect nose they want after several surgeries. im not looking for a perfect nose. i just want to enhance my current one heee.. hopefully that day will come soon!

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:03 pm

yup. mental preparation is part of the preparation you should make as well.

goodluck and all the best for the surgery iamdanny!

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:13 pm

iamdanny wrote:
wenhwa wrote:
iamdanny wrote:
currently me n wenhwa plannin to go in dec to let dr sukit do surgery... its tentative for nw... if u wan u can join us... would haf love for a company too cos can gv each other moral supporter
Actually I am going with my family. However, would meet up with you there if I have the chance.
ur family knows u r going for nose surgery? we can arrange to meet dr sukit on same day n haf surgery same day.. if u dun wan its ok... i rmb u did ur surgery with sg doc... u dun like the effect?
I doing something else. And yes, my family knows. =)

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:03 pm

for revisions, do dr sukit charge? cos bumrungrad charges for revision which i think they shouldnt because it's their fault so i dont see why i should pay twice. and their fees dont include the implant itself and i need to add in a lot of scans and stuff which are extra. but other than that, they recomend the same thing as yanhee so i'm not going ot waste the money, unless i particularly like the humrungrad doc and particularly dont like the yanhee guy.