Singapore Expats

Iran's claims...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
oystereggs

Iran's claims...

Post by oystereggs » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 2:16 am

Does anyone believe what Iran has been claiming in her defence for developing nuclear energy? Should Iran have nuclear energy developement programme?

Is this a reasonable topic for disussion on this 'nanny' forum?

sunnyweather

Post by sunnyweather » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 2:33 am

It is a very difficult question to answer. It all depends on her real intentions.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 5:46 am

The US, with the gawd awful muddling mess it has made of Iraq, has enabled Iran to become the superpower of the middle east. Given that their vast quantities of oil finance terrorism, and cash from same is used to pay Hezbollah, it is hard to see any energy reason. No, Iran has grander plans.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 4:27 pm

It's harder for anyone to claim higher moral ground in this matter of nuclear energy.
At the same time she labels Iran as a member of the Axis of Evil, she co-operates with India on nuclear power?

Yes, I know it doesn't make sense for such a major oil exporter to claim to be energy-hungry, but still...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 9:57 pm

didn't know Iran was known for its clams

but then again I've never had Iranian food
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

oystereggs

Post by oystereggs » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 4:45 pm

Have you thought of Iran's economic, social and environmental issues. What about her needs in these areas? The three areas mentioned above form the basis for her intentions to indulge in this programme.

Is she in breach of NPT and why?

Don't get me wrong. I am totally against any country indulging in this kind of activity. I am a tree hugger!!

sunnyweather

Post by sunnyweather » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 8:11 pm

If iraan's to be allowed the developenment of nukes then sorry to say lah, this is the end of the world. Iran will destroy us with its wappons because it has very little thinking in its brains. Not able to think right, lah.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 9:06 pm

Well I see our friend oystereggs has another personality 'sunnyweather' this week. Let's see now, 'elephantears', 'oystereggs', 'chicago11', 'aurele' and now 'sunnyweather' makes it at least 5 now. Unfortunately, it's getting really silly now as you have already been outed last week. Now you have created another identity and deleted your last post and reposted using the new identity. =D> #-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

saturnia

Post by saturnia » Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:58 am

Iran is never going to listen to anyone. Their president is as bad as other leaders we have seen in the 21st century. He is as mad as them. All they want is destruction on a mass scale and they don't give two hoots about who dies or cries. Iran has never been a friend of America.