Singapore Expats

recruitment

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
siu kee

recruitment

Post by siu kee » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:02 pm

Hi Hi,

I've went thru some of the entries posted and check out on the singaporeair website too! Can i ask how do i go about sending my resume and all?After i click on the career icon, it only shows me recruitment for taiwanese and malaysians stewardess.Does this mean that SIA only recruit these nationalities as of now?

help me please cos i'm quite interested to be a cabin crew :)

Ireneger

Re: recruitment

Post by Ireneger » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:52 pm

siu kee wrote:Hi Hi,

I've went thru some of the entries posted and check out on the singaporeair website too! Can i ask how do i go about sending my resume and all?After i click on the career icon, it only shows me recruitment for taiwanese and malaysians stewardess.Does this mean that SIA only recruit these nationalities as of now?

help me please cos i'm quite interested to be a cabin crew :)
Hi there

Currently they are recruiting international cabin crew... you got to be patient... wait till they recruiting Singaporean. But meanhile you can log on to their career website to submit your resume :)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 2:22 am

u can always submit your application before hand provided you have all the materials needed. But as you're new and SIA is recruiting international crews, you got to wait until they put out an appointment for SIngaporeans then download the materials, send it in.
"City of Ang3Ls"

siu kee

thanks

Post by siu kee » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 9:43 pm

wow wow,thanks for the replies! you pple are so helpful. Muackz! But well,how do i send my resume beforehand? Do you guys mean by post? Is email possible? if yes how do i access after going into the 'career' website.Do i just download the form they have for the international recruits?

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 9:56 pm

hey hey i've just checked out the SIA website again and they are recruiting locals now.
Application Details
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.
Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.

Interviews will be conducted on 26 and 27 August 2006 at:

Raffles City Convention Centre
Swissotel The Stamford
4th Level – Atrium Ballroom
No. 2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882

Does this mean that we can just go for the interview on that day and not see whether we are shortlisted for the interview?
And i got a very big problem.Because i'm still studying,will only graduate next yr may.However having the kiasu nature in me,hahaha,i tot i need to send in my resume early to be on the waiting list.But this does't seem to be the case here.
Do you pple know how often they recruit locals?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 2:31 am

siu kee wrote:hey hey i've just checked out the SIA website again and they are recruiting locals now.
Application Details
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.
Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.

Interviews will be conducted on 26 and 27 August 2006 at:

Raffles City Convention Centre
Swissotel The Stamford
4th Level – Atrium Ballroom
No. 2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882

Does this mean that we can just go for the interview on that day and not see whether we are shortlisted for the interview?
And i got a very big problem.Because i'm still studying,will only graduate next yr may.However having the kiasu nature in me,hahaha,i tot i need to send in my resume early to be on the waiting list.But this does't seem to be the case here.
Do you pple know how often they recruit locals?
Due to the mass recruitment and higher demand of FAs, it seems like they are conducting interviews for locals every 2-3 mths..
there were once in Apr, July, now Aug....so next might be oct or Nov??

hmm....erm..anyway i dono if SIA will wait for u till May..
but if u have a O lvl cert...and u manage to get thru the whole process...
i think they shld be willing to wait for u till u get ur cert in may?
jus give it a shot..=)

...as for this coming WALK IN...basically every eager flyers will be flooding at the ballroom...there wont be any Shortlisting...
its not called a WALK-IN for nothing my dear... :)
u jus got to walk in with the required documents, proper attire and attitude......no need resume ... gd luck!

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:54 pm

yeap thx for the reply:) But i have alot of considerations rite now cos wat am i going to answer them if they asked why i'm here since i've still a year to go.So if my answer came as "i wanna come and try out" does it show that i'm lacking of confidence in just trying out?

Anyway is the interview always on a walk in basis?Or it really depends?How many do they recruit usually in a batch.Any idea?

Are you a cabin crew at SIA now?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 1:07 pm

siu kee wrote:yeap thx for the reply:) But i have alot of considerations rite now cos wat am i going to answer them if they asked why i'm here since i've still a year to go.So if my answer came as "i wanna come and try out" does it show that i'm lacking of confidence in just trying out?

Anyway is the interview always on a walk in basis?Or it really depends?How many do they recruit usually in a batch.Any idea?

Are you a cabin crew at SIA now?
oh yah! forget to tell u...honesty plays a part.........of cos not so honest like "ooh..i like SIA pay" that kinda... but if they were to ask u why u join so early....just say something..."I wouls love to be a cabin crew when i graduate"...or "I would like to know how far my abiility will bring me for such difficult interviews?"

humble, confident and honest and sincere!!!! remember k.. =)

its often on walk in basis during mass recruitment i think?
about one thousands over applicants...to maybe 100-300? or lesser? this is jus my guess...
cos every rd they eliminate ard 50%...

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:29 pm

I wouls love to be a cabin crew when i graduate"...or "I would like to know how far my abiility will bring me for such difficult interviews?"
Now I know how you managed to get through the stringent selections, ntyj! If every other applicant can project themselves like this, the interviewers would really have a hard time.

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:44 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:
I wouls love to be a cabin crew when i graduate"...or "I would like to know how far my abiility will bring me for such difficult interviews?"
Now I know how you managed to get through the stringent selections, ntyj! If every other applicant can project themselves like this, the interviewers would really have a hard time.
erm..u not mocking me right? haha.
hmm....anyway please don say these 2 examples:!!!

1)"Flying is my childhood dream, i have always wanted to be an air stewardess?" cos out of 10 girls..2 girls said that..and i never see them already...
next...
2)"I really hope all of you will give me a chance to show you that I have wad it takes to be in SIA"..

in a way.....erm..answer in a more humble and less desperate ways bah...

like maybe ending ur intro with...
"Should I be really lucky to be chosen by you, i would sincerely love to provide SIA with the assistance at the best of my ability"...den end with a sincere smile looking at the interviewers!

but don quote wad i say k! lol.
jus giving u an example... :oops:

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 9:13 pm

wah thx! 3 claps for ntyj~clap clap clap :) you are woooohooo fantastic.Amazing sweet,confident and concise ans.Lub u to bits. Okie i shall go try this weekend!All thx to ur encouragement and guidance :)

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 9:53 pm

oh yar forgot something! erm wat was ur dress code the time u went for your interview? I dun wanna overdress let alone underdress :~
Is jeans alrite?

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 1:10 am

siu kee wrote:oh yar forgot something! erm wat was ur dress code the time u went for your interview? I dun wanna overdress let alone underdress :~
Is jeans alrite?
Etiquettes of attending interviews are:
1) Dress smart, meaning office wear if its a corporate company. Wears jeans unless u're intending to apply for a sales assistants in Girodano.

2) Don't make up overly too much. Just light will do. You ain't applying for 7th month Getai. Anyway its over soon. So u're late.

3) Bring all your necesarry supporting documents in order. Such as your NRIC, birth certs, edu certs etc.

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 1:11 am

ntyj wrote:
lindyhoppe wrote:
Oh no, did I sound like I was mocking? I wasn't! What I meant was that if applicants are able to speak like matured ladies, which is how you phrased your answers above, wouldn't the interviewers have a hard time deciding who to boot out? And you're in! It's not going to be easy to speak with such composure in a competitive interview round... But I guess it's got to be done somehow. Thanks for your helpful replies!

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 1:16 am

lindyhoppe wrote:
ntyj wrote:
lindyhoppe wrote: Now I know how you managed to get through the stringent selections, ntyj! If every other applicant can project themselves like this, the interviewers would really have a hard time.
Oh no, did I sound like I was mocking? I wasn't! What I meant was that if applicants are able to speak like matured ladies, which is how you phrased your answers above, wouldn't the interviewers have a hard time deciding who to boot out? And you're in! It's not going to be easy to speak with such composure in a competitive interview round... But I guess it's got to be done somehow. Thanks for your helpful replies!
Why bother about what people say? Most impt is to say what you think is right. Be earnest and not copy whatever pple said before. It seems so superficial. Interviewers are not called interviews for nothing. They will access your ability throughly. Some may speak colorful and full of vigour, but they still fail eventually. Some thoughts for you to think over. What the forum here can do is only to give you a rough picture of what is going on in the interview process. The rest is up to you to show yourself.