Singapore Expats

Anyone going for e SIA interview nxt Sat?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rine_85
Regular
Regular

Anyone going for e SIA interview nxt Sat?

Post by rine_85 » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 6:33 pm

Hi anyone going for e SIA interview on nxt sat?

pinkpeace7

Post by pinkpeace7 » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:52 am

Hi there, will definitely be going nxt wkend for the interview ^_^. 2nd try though! I was out in the water confidence round previously. Hope to go thr this time. My frd whom didn't manage to go thr SIA interviews, have gotten into JAL!~

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:41 am

yeah pinkpeace! gd luck to u again k!!!
muahz! =)

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 9:40 pm

Hi pinkpeace!I'll be trying out SIA on the 27th which is a Sunday.Btw do you know what SIA is looking for?Since its ur 2nd try?Wat are they particular about?

Thanks so much for ur help!:)

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:12 pm

JAL recruiting le meh?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 2:32 am

siu kee wrote:JAL recruiting le meh?
HUH? we talking abt SIA here???

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 2:38 am

desijoey wrote:Hi pinkpeace!I'll be trying out SIA on the 27th which is a Sunday.Btw do you know what SIA is looking for?Since its ur 2nd try?Wat are they particular about?

Thanks so much for ur help!:)
hey........no one knows wad SIA might look for...
i guess its a combination of luck, pleasant looking and the way u present urself?

but i am sure that they do not like wannabes, girls with attitude problems, girls who aint humble, girls who seem to be desperate? and maybe those who dont seem sure of themselves....
its like.....u can be that right confident but yet humble... get wad i mean?
basically right attitude and a sinere smile k?
gd luck desijoey.. =)

perhaps u ca try on Sat, shld anything goes wrong...den can try on sunday again mah?
cos ive a frd who tried on sat(a yr back), she failed ...den she tried on sunday...she got in!! now she is happily flying....
but whether SIA will have ur record when u go on sat....that im not so sure...however i still think that going on sat is safeR??

pinkpeace7

Post by pinkpeace7 » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 9:44 am

Hi there! I have a frd whom tried on 1st of Jul and tried again the next day, and you know what?! she was been asked to leave. Apparently, the lady told her that it isn't fair for those whom is trying that day. Maybe they kept our record my I/c no? who knows whether they will check a not. But well no harm trying though, you never know..! And I don't think there is a specific citeria SIA is looking out for. Like ntyj's frd? Luck plays a very important role too.

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:01 am

Hi ntyj and pinkpeace!Thanks so much for your info!Very appreciated!Hmm...actually am more concerned in terms of my height.Will they measure ur height before u go in for the interview?It's a group interview the first round isit?How long does the interview take btw?Thanks for all ur help!Sorri to be asking so many questions coz I'd really love to work for SIA but am really concerned. :)

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:51 pm

desijoey wrote:Hi ntyj and pinkpeace!Thanks so much for your info!Very appreciated!Hmm...actually am more concerned in terms of my height.Will they measure ur height before u go in for the interview?It's a group interview the first round isit?How long does the interview take btw?Thanks for all ur help!Sorri to be asking so many questions coz I'd really love to work for SIA but am really concerned. :)
they will measure ur height before u even go into the waiting room(for sorting us into grps for first interview).....

if the process is still the same....there will be 3 interviews on the day itself...
1)grp (abt 20 mins den wait outside to see who is chosen)
2)kebaya (abt 30 mins, choose ur kebaya, assess all girls' skin, posture, etc)
3)one-to-one (abt 15 mins, conversation with interviewer and maybe read a passage to check ur english?)

but...including waiting time................
hmm...previously i went at 12 noon sharp :p...i was the 2nd last to finish...ard 4pm?

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:59 pm

oops sorrie was just responding to pinkpeace who wrote abt her fren who got into JAL after being rejected by SIA. Sorry for the misunderstanding yea

pinkpeace7

Post by pinkpeace7 » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 1:08 pm

Hi siu kee,

JAL have finished their recruitment I guess. Because my frd is already going for training nxt month in Japan. ^_^

dyingprayer

Status

Post by dyingprayer » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:16 pm

Hi desijoey, would like to noe if one had ROM, during the group and one-one interviews, should he/she declare the marital status to all or is it better to skip mentioning and let interviewers read from the application form? Thanx :roll:

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: Status

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:34 pm

dyingprayer wrote:Hi desijoey, would like to noe if one had ROM, during the group and one-one interviews, should he/she declare the marital status to all or is it better to skip mentioning and let interviewers read from the application form? Thanx :roll:
need not declare...they shld noe when they read ur application form..
jus answer wad they ask..no need extra.
=)
during grp interviews..they will probably ask u to intro urself, ur current undertaking, ur hobbies, everything briefly in a min's time. =)

siu kee

Post by siu kee » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 9:40 pm

hey anyone going for this sat interview? Wanna meet up tog,will feel better and definitely more comfortable :)