Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 3:35 am

nafnaf wrote:its stated in the latest advertisment that they want local diplomas and i believe SIA is very stringent when it comes to qualifications :)
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
[/quote]

yes, no doubt they are. i joined with only O levels cert. But i'm holding on to a pte diploma too. Yet to get the transcript though. Like i said, educational is just a gauge. You wouldn't want primary school holders to come and apply do you? whereby i believe their pronunciations of english could be far worse then you could ever imagine. And you definately don't want a sq FA to be speaking 'singlish' to international pax right?

Food for thought~
*smiles*

Ireneger

Post by Ireneger » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 8:26 am

Gers

Many thanks for so many repy :) May i shd try out.. Hope they approve

Sigh.........

grivoise
Regular
Regular

hmmm

Post by grivoise » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 5:58 pm

The applicants who are rejected this time will not be allowed to apply for at least a year, am I right?

manling82

Post by manling82 » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 6:59 pm

heloo...may i know that do sia recruit gers that already married???
hmm....do they??or if not do the ladies have any chance???

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 7:10 pm

manling,

hmmm.. i heard that SIA do not accept gers who are married, but you can marry once u're with them. As for guys, for sure, they can be married... Someone correct me if im wrong..

flyinghigh

Post by flyinghigh » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 9:39 pm

voxvox wrote:
serembanboy wrote:hi,

4 those who r anxious n excited bout the sq walk in interview for next weekend (26 & 27/8), pliz go log in singapore jobsDB n scroll fo down to "company hiring" n u will see singapore airlines. click on it and you will see positions available.

u will be able to see FS/FSS position. click on it n u will b able to see the details of what u shud do n where is the venue for interview.

hope this info helps.

Thanks serembanboy. Heres the information i got from the jobsdb. All information is stated below:

Flight Steward / Flight Stewardess JobsDB Ref: JDBS063803450
Ref:
Post Date: 8/17/2006

Minimum Working Experience: N/A Monthly Salary Range: Not Specified / Negotiable
Qualifications: O-Level Job Type: Full Time, Permanent

The world at your doorstep.
The chance to experience new cultures and meet new people. Challenges that are real and exciting.

This is what you can look forward to as a Flight Steward or Flight Stewardess with Singapore Airlines. Take home a total income of about $3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. To fulfil the demands of this exciting profession, you will need to have the following qualities:

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply)

Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service. We are always looking for high-flying individuals with a passion for service to join our elite team. If you’re raring to take your career to the sky, we would be pleased to meet you.

Interviews will be conducted on 26 and 27 August 2006 at:
Raffles City Convention Centre
Swissotel The Stamford
4th Level – Atrium Ballroom
No. 2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882

Please log on to www.singaporeair.com (under 'Company Information') to download our application form. Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 9am and 12noon.
i think its gonna filled with applicants on those days. haha.... now SIA is really recruiting a lot of flight attendent. Even pilots..... cool!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hmmm

Post by blancD » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:24 am

grivoise wrote:The applicants who are rejected this time will not be allowed to apply for at least a year, am I right?
no such thing. it is just that consequently applying for 3 times in a row and not accepting/rejecting, you might be blacklisted
"City of Ang3Ls"

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:26 am

manling82 wrote:heloo...may i know that do sia recruit gers that already married???

there might be cases around but extremely slim chances. It is because married girls are commited to their family. The job of an FA needs alot of travelling. I guess even if you got in, you will have have to try very hard to convince the interviewers why you want this job badly.
"City of Ang3Ls"

snoozy_86

Post by snoozy_86 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 1:26 am

grivoise wrote:
The applicants who are rejected this time will not be allowed to apply for at least a year, am I right?

no such thing. it is just that consequently applying for 3 times in a row and not accepting/rejecting, you might be blacklisted

Sorry if there is any mistake in this posting as this is my first time here. I am very keen in join SIA. I had tried twice before. One in Feb and the other in July. For the first I got kick out during the one to one interview and the second during the water confidence test. As BlancD mention above that you will be blacklisted if tried thrice in a row. I wanted to go for the interview next week. If I dun get in this time, does it means that I will be blacklisted and would not be able to participate in the recruitment exercise again.

Thanks for the reply. It is much appreciated.

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:51 am

grivoise wrote:The applicants who are rejected this time will not be allowed to apply for at least a year, am I right?
erm from wad the recruitment lady told me during the mgmt interview is that for those who fail during any interviews before the mgmt rd...they are able to apply any other time as soon as there is another recruitment..

however for those who fail mgmt rd...they can only come back 6 mths later?
but how true is it im not sure la.....
so...for those who fail at the mgmt rd...u may jus go for the walk in again and ask them bt it? or maybe don ask at all? who knows u get thru all the way?
hehe

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:53 am

blancD wrote:
manling82 wrote:heloo...may i know that do sia recruit gers that already married???

there might be cases around but extremely slim chances. It is because married girls are commited to their family. The job of an FA needs alot of travelling. I guess even if you got in, you will have have to try very hard to convince the interviewers why you want this job badly.
i agree with blancd.but no harm giving it a try yeah?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:56 am

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grivoise wrote:

Sorry if there is any mistake in this posting as this is my first time here. I am very keen in join SIA. I had tried twice before. One in Feb and the other in July. For the first I got kick out during the one to one interview and the second during the water confidence test. As BlancD mention above that you will be blacklisted if tried thrice in a row. I wanted to go for the interview next week. If I dun get in this time, does it means that I will be blacklisted and would not be able to participate in the recruitment exercise again.

Thanks for the reply. It is much

Hi snoozy86,
i don think u will be blacklisted...my frd tried more than 3 times before getting in...it somehow....depends on luck?

its like...2 years back i was booted out even before any interview cos my height is 157? the lady jus ask me to go home............ =(

but....i tried again for the recent july intake...my height is still 157..and now im in!!

rgds

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:35 am

ntyj wrote:Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grivoise wrote:

Thanks for the reply. It is much

Hi snoozy86,
i don think u will be blacklisted...my frd tried more than 3 times before getting in...it somehow....depends on luck?

its like...2 years back i was booted out even before any interview cos my height is 157? the lady jus ask me to go home............ =(

but....i tried again for the recent july intake...my height is still 157..and now im in!!

rgds
jie jie grew 1cm in 2 years bah :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Post by grivoise » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 2:29 pm

blancD wrote:

Lol. So effectively, that's as good as barring rejected applicants!

grivoise
Regular
Regular

hmmmm

Post by grivoise » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 2:33 pm

Next weekend should be the third recruitment exercise in 2006 that SIA's held. Is it because of the new fleet of aircraft that they've just purchased?

So... could anyone here give us a hint as to when the next recruitment might be? Perhaps October, judging from the previous ones?

^_^