Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 2:05 am

Rabbit,

I would like to go back and see Dr. Jung if time and money permits! But not sure how I can squeeze in a trip back to Seoul....

Leenaaa,

the fact that Dr. Jung IS so busy worried me too. I think these korean plastic surgeons run such busy clinics that its really like a PS factory. But I do think that Dr. Jung seems like a more caring doc than Dr. K.

Katy,

maybe you should see my nose first before telling him "same same" haha......our idea of beauty might be different. I like it, but then I've also been known to have quirky taste in what is pretty and what isn't :lol:

katy

Post by katy » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:02 am

[quote="Hannah Lee"]Rabbit,

I would like to go back and see Dr. Jung if time and money permits! But not sure how I can squeeze in a trip back to Seoul....

Leenaaa,

the fact that Dr. Jung IS so busy worried me too. I think these korean plastic surgeons run such busy clinics that its really like a PS factory. But I do think that Dr. Jung seems like a more caring doc than Dr. K.

Katy,

maybe you should see my nose first before telling him "same same" haha......our idea of beauty might be different. I like it, but then I've also been known to have quirky taste in what is pretty and what isn't :lol:[/quote]

Totally agree with what u said about having diff ideas of beauty.

I like big noses :D

big-eyes-maymay

Post by big-eyes-maymay » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 2:17 pm

Hi Jovin,

I'm surprised that you don't know about the magazine. It is written in the mag "for singapore and malaysia". Anyway, I have some copies of it. It features a lot of articles from Dr Woffles Wu.

By the way, this eyelid surgery issue, was it an interview with Dr Woffles Wu?

For me, I always wanted to get rid of my loose skin/excessive muscleeye bags (eyes) and eye bags. After I read the article in the magazine which Dr Woffles Wu mentioned that "might cut too much of the muscle resulting eyes cannot close properly", I felt it right to address the issue.

I took pictures of my eyes and sent to Dr Sukit, because in this forum there are lots of comments that say he is a "safe" doctor. And haihh, I felt so disappointed coz he told me no need, yeah sure got excessive muscle but no need to cut. He didn't suggest any procedure to enhance my look. I really dowanna look tired all the time.

I bought air ticket to go thailand in october. But don't know want to drop by YanHee hospital or not, coz he already said can't do anything. Feel so sad - really so terrible meh, nothing can be done?

One more thing I want to point out, I went for interview, and the interviewer pointed out that I look tired and not suitable for the job. d-uh.

how , like this? can imagine how i felt inside?
jovinliu wrote:I am currently in Kuala Lumpur, last night i passed by a news stand and a magazine that caught my attention: Beauty and Cosmetic Surgery (loosely translated from chinese). It's issue number 1, and the content is nothing else but, of course, cosmetic surgeries and different enhancing procedures like Thermage, tummy tuck etc.

There's a page on double eyelid surgery, claims to not leave any scar.

It cost RM$20, i do not know if this is available in Singapore, but worth reading for information.

/Jovin

zazoo

Post by zazoo » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:21 am

hey leenaaaa/rabbit,

I read abt your trip to Korea for PS, which will be happening sometime at the end of the year. When exactly are you guys flying there? Have you already scheduled appointments with Dr.Jung? Thanx :)

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 1:50 am

actually, thats what i felt about dr sukit also. actually a lot of things is possible, it's just that the risk might be a tiny bit higher. other surgeons have done it before and their patients have lived to tell the tale. but he just tell you cannot. no need or things like that and dont do it for you. makes you think how good he really is if he's only sticking to simple op. but then, the most important would be the results. there are other surgoens in yanhee. i'm thinking of going to dr somboon(finally! after so long)

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 5:42 pm

anyone who wants to go thailand do nose surgery this dec-jan do pm me, as i'm oso interested to go..thanks

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 6:34 pm

voix wrote:i'm most probably going to do it at yanhee due to cost. havent done yet though! just doing loads of research and preparing myself for the worst case senario ;)

thanks hannah for the describtion. reducing bas eof nose. as in the nostrils area. m nostrils are quite small but the base very big. like fleshy?
i tink my nose same as urs le.the plastic surgeon say my nostril very small pen oso can't poke into it... but i dun haf high nose n sharp tip... my tip is consider round n the base or the sides of nose is fleshy... but the doc say my nose nt very fleshy n its consider small. he say jus need to insert implant can le n once insert implant the sides will dun look fleshy cos the nose is raised..

i tinking of dr sukit to do surgey for me but i wan a drastic raise in height... for those who let dr sukit do surgery what is the change in height raised? 1-2mm? cos i looking for 5-6mm raise in ht... local doc i saw say can raise at most 4-5mm cos if too high my skin on the nose area will tear wierd right?

clownfish

Rhinoplasty - Taiwan

Post by clownfish » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 3:55 am

Hi all,

I have been following this forum very closely and I do gain alot of knowledge and information from all you ppl that contributed. I guess I will do my part as well.

After many months of reading this forum and research. I finally did it and had rhinoplasty in Taiwan. Infact, I just got back today.

I did not choose any of the PS listed in the forum. But from the forum I decided that taiwan is a better place than Korea or Singapore because of cost and better than thailand as Dr. Sukit only do safe procedure.

I have a slight deviated septum and a flat nose due to sport injury and I needed much more than just inserting silicon/goretec after I had consulted 2 PS in Singapore and Dr. Sukit in Thailand.

After making my decision that I will have my rhinoplasty done in taiwan. I check through some taiwanese website and found that there are actually alot of PS in taiwan and it is a very competitive field.

I check through many websites and finally decided on Dr. Kao from Feng Hua http://www.charm3c.com.tw/index.html. He caught my attention because he seem to have good knowledge of using goretex and silicon depending on the needs of the patient. I think this is good because he can better tailor to your individual needs and not biase towards any material.

Furthermore, I also saw that he is someone that continue to upgrade himself from the seminar that he attended. That means he understood the current techniques and trend. This gave me a slight insight of this PS.

I decided to write to him. His reply was very prompt. He answered in very good english, clear and concise. ( I sent him pictures in my email ).

I wrote to him again with more questions the next day but he did not reply and I called him. His staff was very sweet to take down my number and he actually return my call. I was impressed as one thing I do not need is a stuck up doctor that do not treat you respectfully by not returning call. But he did and he called after an hour ( 6.30pm ) answered my questions. After speaking to him, I decided I will go to him because he give me confidence and knows what he is taking about.

Before I actually made the trip, his staff actually call me the day before to give instructions for pre-opt. I bought sinecch from one of the local PS and took it along with me.

I arrived at his office on Monday morning and the staff prepare me for the opt while waiting for Dr. Kao. His office is clean, professional and homely. It is located in an upper class area taipei city ( Tian Mu Xi Lu ).

After half hour an hour Dr. Kao attended to me. By then the staff already have taken many pictures of my nose. Dr. Kao studied it closely and explain to me. I think it is interesting as he has 2 monitors one for him to look at and one for you so you know exactly what he is talking about. I think that is very considerate towards the client. He also suggested to me what can be done. I just told him the result that I wanted and he provided his professional opinion. However, what really impressed me is that he has a sense of beauty. He consider the overall look of the nose and suggest that some alternations are need to make the entire nose fit the face ( alarplasty ). I think this is important as the nose also need to compliment the face in return.

From then on I am confident that he is the right person for me and I told him to decide for me. He gave me a choice of goretex or silicon and I told him to decide for me.

After the consultation I enter the operating table and there are 3 nurses preparing me for the operation. I felt very well attended and I also told the nurse that I do not want to wake in the middle of the surgery. She did just that for me.

I did not know how long was the procedure but when I woke I think it was already 1 plus. I was still under the effect of the sedation and I slept for another 2 hours with a cold pack on my face. I felt stuff but not in pain.

I left the clinic with alot of medication and a special brew of chinese medication that Dr. Kao prepared for me to help to reduce the swelling. I think it does help as well as I was not badly bruise at all.

I stayed in the hotel room for 5 days and took care of myself. I am back in Singapore and very happy with the result even it is only 5 days. ( Still swell though )

I am glad I made the choice with Dr. Kao.Ok, I think I had enough of posting today. Pardon my english or grammer as I am too tired to read through for corrections.

Lastly, some information.

Type of surgery perform on me : Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty and alarpasty ( suggested by Dr. Kao ). I also had cartiledge harvested from my left ear.

Costs : NT 75,000. ( I think it is very reasonable compare to Korea or Singapore ).

Sorry everyone tired of writing already. I left out alot of minor details.Anyway I would like to say thanks for all those who contributed here.

Good Luck to those that choose to walk the same path. It is an interesting experience.

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 9:56 am

iamdanny: actually it's nto weird. skin has elastic true but there's only so much it can stretch, any more and it will tear, even if it wont, your skin around that area will wear very thin and you'll look fake.

katy

Re: Rhinoplasty - Taiwan

Post by katy » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:17 am

[quote="clownfish"]Hi all,

I have been following this forum very closely and I do gain alot of knowledge and information from all you ppl that contributed. I guess I will do my part as well.

After many months of reading this forum and research. I finally did it and had rhinoplasty in Taiwan. Infact, I just got back today.

I did not choose any of the PS listed in the forum. But from the forum I decided that taiwan is a better place than Korea or Singapore because of cost and better than thailand as Dr. Sukit only do safe procedure.

I have a slight deviated septum and a flat nose due to sport injury and I needed much more than just inserting silicon/goretec after I had consulted 2 PS in Singapore and Dr. Sukit in Thailand.

After making my decision that I will have my rhinoplasty done in taiwan. I check through some taiwanese website and found that there are actually alot of PS in taiwan and it is a very competitive field.

I check through many websites and finally decided on Dr. Kao from Feng Hua http://www.charm3c.com.tw/index.html. He caught my attention because he seem to have good knowledge of using goretex and silicon depending on the needs of the patient. I think this is good because he can better tailor to your individual needs and not biase towards any material.

Furthermore, I also saw that he is someone that continue to upgrade himself from the seminar that he attended. That means he understood the current techniques and trend. This gave me a slight insight of this PS.

I decided to write to him. His reply was very prompt. He answered in very good english, clear and concise. ( I sent him pictures in my email ).

I wrote to him again with more questions the next day but he did not reply and I called him. His staff was very sweet to take down my number and he actually return my call. I was impressed as one thing I do not need is a stuck up doctor that do not treat you respectfully by not returning call. But he did and he called after an hour ( 6.30pm ) answered my questions. After speaking to him, I decided I will go to him because he give me confidence and knows what he is taking about.

Before I actually made the trip, his staff actually call me the day before to give instructions for pre-opt. I bought sinecch from one of the local PS and took it along with me.

I arrived at his office on Monday morning and the staff prepare me for the opt while waiting for Dr. Kao. His office is clean, professional and homely. It is located in an upper class area taipei city ( Tian Mu Xi Lu ).

After half hour an hour Dr. Kao attended to me. By then the staff already have taken many pictures of my nose. Dr. Kao studied it closely and explain to me. I think it is interesting as he has 2 monitors one for him to look at and one for you so you know exactly what he is talking about. I think that is very considerate towards the client. He also suggested to me what can be done. I just told him the result that I wanted and he provided his professional opinion. However, what really impressed me is that he has a sense of beauty. He consider the overall look of the nose and suggest that some alternations are need to make the entire nose fit the face ( alarplasty ). I think this is important as the nose also need to compliment the face in return.

From then on I am confident that he is the right person for me and I told him to decide for me. He gave me a choice of goretex or silicon and I told him to decide for me.

After the consultation I enter the operating table and there are 3 nurses preparing me for the operation. I felt very well attended and I also told the nurse that I do not want to wake in the middle of the surgery. She did just that for me.

I did not know how long was the procedure but when I woke I think it was already 1 plus. I was still under the effect of the sedation and I slept for another 2 hours with a cold pack on my face. I felt stuff but not in pain.

I left the clinic with alot of medication and a special brew of chinese medication that Dr. Kao prepared for me to help to reduce the swelling. I think it does help as well as I was not badly bruise at all.

I stayed in the hotel room for 5 days and took care of myself. I am back in Singapore and very happy with the result even it is only 5 days. ( Still swell though )

I am glad I made the choice with Dr. Kao.Ok, I think I had enough of posting today. Pardon my english or grammer as I am too tired to read through for corrections.

Lastly, some information.

Type of surgery perform on me : Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty and alarpasty ( suggested by Dr. Kao ). I also had cartiledge harvested from my left ear.

Costs : NT 75,000. ( I think it is very reasonable compare to Korea or Singapore ).

Sorry everyone tired of writing already. I left out alot of minor details.Anyway I would like to say thanks for all those who contributed here.

Good Luck to those that choose to walk the same path. It is an interesting experience.[/quote]

Thank you for sharing your experience with us !

He does sound like a very nice surgeon !
Are you happy with your nose ? What did you do exactly ? Open rhino or L shape implant ??

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:41 am

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

clownfish

Re: Rhinoplasty - Taiwan

Post by clownfish » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:18 pm

He does sound like a very nice surgeon !
Are you happy with your nose ? What did you do exactly ? Open rhino or L shape implant ??[/quote]

Yes, I am very happy with it. I had open rhinoplasty, with I Shape implant and alarplasty.

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 3:16 pm

for drasic changes(in the good sense of course!) who would be the best?

dr preecha or dr armorn poomee?

for the case of dr poomee, why is his prices on his personal website different from those on the bumrungrad website? if i go to bumrungrad and request for dr poomee, which will be the true cost?

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 3:19 pm

just wanted to add, clownfish, congrats on your surgery. you must like your nose a lot now. smooth recovery (:

Char

Post by Char » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 7:36 pm

I wanna do Liposuction on the thighs, any idea what's the possible dangers? Anyway, i heard that Liposuction can cost up to 13k. And i mean doing that in Singapore.

Anyone???
*Charmaine*