Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter

alar

Post by ahmeilover » Sun, 13 Aug 2006 9:50 pm

Hello.. anyone went fro alar with any of the local surgeons? dr sukit dun agree to do alar for me coz he say tts the maxinum he can do to my nose.. :cry:

so tot of gng to a local surgeon to try.. any ideas or advice?

koreangirl

Raising Dorsum affecting Eye Shape?

Post by koreangirl » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 1:14 am

hey hannah lee and leeeennna,

Does raising the dorsum with gortex change the shape of the eyes?

If the skin between the eyes, where gortex implant is placed to raise the dorsum, would that pull the skin of the eyes inward and therefore change eyes shape?

I am not sure if I should get my eyes done first or get my rhinoplasty done first.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

Hello

Post by babyevil85 » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 2:36 am

I hear there a place in singapore plastic surgen charge only 900 for alrplasty !! anyone intrested of going ??

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 7:13 am

Koreangirl,

I don't think that raising my dorsum changed my eyes at all. Only when it was swollen right after surgery did it look weird, after the swelling went down it looks fine now. I don't think it matters whether you decide to do your eyes or nose first. Or if you can't decide, then maybe you can do them at the same time!

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 8:54 am

Ah Mei Lover,
Maybe u can consider Dr Harry Fok for the alar. As u know, i did my rhino with him...Saw some pix of patients who did alar as well - didn't see too much bruising/swelling in the post-ops pix (3-5 days later).

Baby evil - $900 for alar? Pretty good deal, but I guess cheaper is not always better when it comes to important decisions like this...

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 1:31 am

Hi all,

Thx for all the wishes. After 4 day injection plus another wk of antibiotics (recommended by the doc to kill the germs more thorough), my nose is kind of stablized. Partly bcos I sleep more last week.

But I could only tell after I complete the current course of antibiotics by end this week. Then I will live on no more antibiotics...

Have asked my HK doc, he said according to his experience, it's 50-50 in whether patient need to take out the implant after antibiotics treatment. So I'm still praying hard.

Leenaaa, if I can wait till Oct, I would want to go to Dr. Jung cos implant all the way till the end may post long term problem. Or just go back to Dr. Kim and get everything removed FOC... that's my contemplation. But I like the height of my new nose and there's seems no problem in the bridge area with implant, not sure if I should be greedy again.

If I decided to go to Dr. Jung, we can go together and have some moral support. So pls. keep me posted re your schedule. Recently Dr. Jung didn't reply my email / post lei. Not sure if he is angry with me for chose another doc over him...

Now I don't even dare to feel the pokking area, just worry if I touch it some more, infection again. For the pimples, after I increase the frequency of cleaning my face and putting the strong ance creme prescribed by my doc, it seems under control. FYIP, for ladies that have ance problem, can try taking evening primose oil. I just being lazy recently and didn't take it, the ances are back... but while I'm taking it, the face is smooth. So regret...

Take care everybody!
Rabbit

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 7:47 am

Rabbit,

so glad to hear your nose has improved! Dr. Jung is really bad at returning emails, it took him a week to reply to my email updating him on my nose. But have you tried calling his clinic?

I don't usually get pimples but now I'm so paranoid about breaking out. It seems like there's so many things that can go wrong with having a foreign implant in your nose. I wish I had just used my own rib to begin with instead of goretex, and save alot of extra worry.....

katy

Post by katy » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:24 am

Hmmm, I gota say I dont think its the implant causing the problem in Rabbit's case ...

Its the pimple.

My brother had a nose infection from an ingrown pimple, and he ended up in the hospital for antibiotics. He never had a nose job or any implant ..

I think it can happen at any part of our body ...

Just that if u have implants there, it may end up complicating things ...

Timmy

Re: hi

Post by Timmy » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 3:12 pm

babyevil85 wrote:wow my friend just come back from yanhee And had a nose job done ... Wow ... Look Very pretty... Her Surgery doned by Dr Sukit .. LOok Natural and very shape .. the tip is very balance too :D

Man i ready to press the tigger and heading to yanhee soon ..: D
FAKE again no pic to prove dun KP soo much pm me right HAHAAH

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:01 pm

Hi Katy,

Thx for sharing! Upon asked by the doc for my pimple situation in previous consultation, then I remember I had a giant pimple which takes 1 wk to mature and after matured, it took me a few more days to squeeze out the non-sense inside... I guess that my be the "catalyst for my infection"...

But I do heard about after the implant is inserted, germs tend to attack the area with implant more...

Anyway, now that all pimples are treated as first priority in my life (ha ha), frankly I guess I should be the one to be blamed, partly. When I'm really tied, many times I just crawl to the bed and sleep, thinking of no make up even don't wash face is ok... but HK air is really dirty la. It give me pimples one after another... Now with the powerful ance cream covering the ances and dry them up over night, hope I will remain ok.

Hannah, don't worry too much, just do your best in upkeeping your personal hygene will do. See my standard was so low, so it's obvious I got it :) BTW, is your bridge soft or hard? Cos I suspect the gortex used by Dr. Kim is different from Dr. Jung. Mine is a hard hard one. Has your photo been posted at Dr. Jung's web-site, really really interested to see your new nose. Enjoy your new life!

Rdgs,
Rabbit

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 1:56 am

Katy,

wow, I didn't know that a pimple can get such a serious infection that u can end up in hospital! I don't often get big pimples, but the rare times that I do I go see my dermatologist at Paragon and he'll inject it with cortisone. Then it goes away like almost immediately. But if u get those big ones very often then it can be expensive to treat like that. Luckily I only visit him once or twice a year.....

Rabbit,

my goretex feels quite hard when I touch it but not hard like bone. Dr. Jung says he uses soft goretex which comes in strips like leather, but it feels quite firm. My nose isn't up on his site yet cuz I haven't been back for follow up or to have my pics taken. Even though my nose seems ok, I would still like to go see him for a follow up just so he can take a look at it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: hi

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:59 pm

Timmy wrote:FAKE again no pic to prove dun KP soo much pm me right HAHAAH
Timmy,

You are starting to TICK ME OFF! Once more and I will ban you permanently!

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:26 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:27 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

katy

Post by katy » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:34 pm

[quote="leenaaaa"]Hannah,

Will you be going back again for a check up? I didn't know you planned to do that. If you do, it would be great to go together! Big group of us!

Cool. Then we dun have to worry about language barrier.
Just point at Hannah and say 'SAME SAME !!!'

lol :shock: