Singapore Expats

Face-to-Face Interviews

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Ireneger

Face-to-Face Interviews

Post by Ireneger » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:45 pm

Does anybody had gone thru the 1-1 face interview? May i know what are the frequent questions asked and how do you girls answer?

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Face-to-Face Interviews

Post by Plavt » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 1:20 am

Ireneger wrote:Does anybody had gone thru the 1-1 face interview? May i know what are the frequent questions asked and how do you girls answer?
You appear to be looking for given answers that simply don't exist; there are as many ways of answering as there are people. You had best sit down and think about what the job involves and work out for yourself what you are likely to be asked. This may seem easier said than done but this job invites a large number of applicants so you will have a great much competition.

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:43 am

I have to agree with Plavt here.

One thing that I have noticed in these threads that seems to run rampant throughout Singapore in general (I'm an HR & Finance Manager and was also a headhunter for 14 years). All applicants seem to think that going for an interview is like they were taught in school. While you were in school, there was only one "right" answer (the problem with rote learning as the MOE has now learned). The problem in real life is there is no such thing as a 100% right or wrong answer.

This is why it is impossible to have pat answers for a face-to-face interview. The only preparation possible is:
  • Know Yourself
  • Know why you want the position.
  • Know details about the company you are trying to get hired by.
  • A decent dress sense (Expat bosses don't like to see skirts so short that the girls need two haircuts! - It's disruptive to an office environment to say the least - I wouldn't even bother to interview someone dressed like that)
  • The ability to speak in decent english (not 'how like dat'!) if the job is in an english speaking environment or the ability to converse properly in whatever the major language of the work environment is.
  • Poise, grace and unflappability! (In other words practice on trying not to lose your cool as they will try to get you to do just that).
Getting a good job depends on preparation not luck (although you may get in by luck, you wont stay there unless you are prepared).

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers