Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 4:06 am

if i'm not wrong, alarplasty means the reduction of the size of nostrils. what is the name of the surgery for the reduction of the whole of the base of the nose. cos i thought alar they will insert something into your nose(around nostrils area) and thus make it more fleshy and in the process reduce the size of your nostrils?

i think thats one of the reasons i wont be going to sukit as well. yes, he is one of the safest doctors around there but i feel that he only do the simple procedures, anything with a bit more risk, he tell you no. not possible which i think is like lying to the patients cos it is possible. thats what surger is for yarh? so probably i'm considering dr somboon or dr jana. all female doctors cos they look rather friendly(their pics on the yanhee web) but i'm worried cos they're all so young and then there is the thing about female surgeons not being as good as male ones. should i?

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:38 am

Voix,

they don't insert anything to your nostrils during alarplasty. I had it done and Dr. Jung cut the sides of my nose and sewed it back closer together, thus reducing the size of my nostrils. I'm not sure what you mean by reducing the whole base of the nose? Is that the same as alarplasty?

I think the alarplasty makes a difference to the way your nose looks overall if its wide and flat to begin with like mine. Like its just seems a lil more refined and better definition. I don't regret my alarplasty at all.....

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Re: nose

Post by wenhwa » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 1:44 pm

ahmeilover wrote:Wenhwa... Dr sukit is a nice dr lo.. patient n kind.. not like local drs v impatient kind... hmm... as wat u can see above wat i wrote to creamer.. coz we both went for the same surgeon u see.... we both dun hab much changes in our nose jus slight lo....... as to telll u dr sukit do v natural nose.... but there is aso fellow forumers r v happy wif his results... i guess its due to our nose shape... den the outcome will be different.. overall wat i can say is he is good la... but u can email to him send him ur pics den slowly ask wat he can do to ur nose 1st b4 deciding.. and aso v cheap la.. gib him do only SGD 800+ inclusive of everything......... compared to local....... U hab to decide urself lo... heheee.... not a painful or scary proceedure... yanhee is a v advance n nice hospital.. not to worry... hehee... :D
So how about flying back? How long did you stay in the hospital and when did you fly back? Can I know more about your post op days in BKK?

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter

hey

Post by ahmeilover » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 3:09 pm

wenhwa i jus pm u...

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter

hey

Post by ahmeilover » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 3:11 pm

Hannah Lee wrote:Voix,

they don't insert anything to your nostrils during alarplasty. I had it done and Dr. Jung cut the sides of my nose and sewed it back closer together, thus reducing the size of my nostrils. I'm not sure what you mean by reducing the whole base of the nose? Is that the same as alarplasty?

I think the alarplasty makes a difference to the way your nose looks overall if its wide and flat to begin with like mine. Like its just seems a lil more refined and better definition. I don't regret my alarplasty at all.....
Hello.. did u did it wif the nose implant?? Hmm.. tot of doing alar as well.. but shld wif a local surgeon ba.. coz my implant is dere but my nose is still wide... :cry:

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 5:30 pm

i'm most probably going to do it at yanhee due to cost. havent done yet though! just doing loads of research and preparing myself for the worst case senario ;)

thanks hannah for the describtion. reducing bas eof nose. as in the nostrils area. m nostrils are quite small but the base very big. like fleshy?

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 9:41 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:20 am

Ahmeilover,

Yup I have a goretex implant also. But I feel that the alar reduction makes the overall shape nicer.

Voix,

I'm trying to imagine what a plump nose with small nostrils looks like, cuz my nostrils were very big so it was easy for Dr. Jung to reduce size. I'm sure there must be a way to reduce the width even tho the nostrils are small.....

Leenaaa,

what do you mean when you say you can feel the goretex at the tip? How does it feel like? Cuz now I'm worried and also feeling my nose but I can't feel the goretex in the tip at all or not sure what it should feel like? I can only feel the goretex high up on my dorsum, like between my eyes. Also when you say something is poking out of your right nostril, is it your septum? Or what could it be? I love my nose and it seems fine but after reading Rabbit's post I feel very worried......

wine87

Post by wine87 » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 3:17 pm

i do believe pimples can infect the implant since its caused by bacteria.

but may i know wat's gortex? is it silicone or another kind of material?

i had nose implant and oily/acne-prone skin..

i tried to prevent the growth of pimples by using anti-bacterial facial wash/exfoliating facial wash and benzoyl peroxide. rmb to use non-comedogenic products..

so far still ok, the pimples if grow is 1-3 days will gone type. but i do haf big pimples (cysts) in my scalp and chin occasionally.

rabbit, do u still have pimples on ur nose? or issit an infection that these methods cant help?

hopefully the antibiotic jabs u take will help u.. so u can try to maintain ur skin. see if can ask for more jabs or not.. coz if underdose the bacteria may juz get immune to the particular antibiotic used and probably stronger. juz a suggestion only, dunno if allowed or not tho..

hope the best for u ..

: )

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 3:21 pm

hmm... think jacky chan? ok mine not that bad but his is those. like very very fleshy. or you can just picture those noses with rather big nostirls, then mentally shrink the nostirls and replace them with flesh and tada! my nose. hahas. my mum say i must nv change my nose cos this kind is the get rich nose. a most she say can only add height around the bridge area to make it higher and so in her superstitious ways, richer. i dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:08 pm

Wine87,

goretex is a material used in heart valve surgery, and its become very popular in Korea as implant material for rhinoplasty.

Voix,

ok now I have a better idea of what kinda nose you're talking about. My grandma also said that the wide kind of nose is more propserous, hehe. But I don't care, I like my smaller nose better :roll: I'm sure that there must still be a way to fix that type of nose. I think Dr. Jung classifies those noses as bulbous, there are some examples under his pics of surgeries.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:33 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:41 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Sun, 13 Aug 2006 5:09 am

Leenaaa,

my nose is still not a "small" nose by any means, for example Dawn Yang's nose which is very tiny by my standards. I don't think anyone would look at my new nose and think it looks very plastic, but its smaller than my original nose which was very wide and blobby. I think it matches my features better cuz my old nose was TOO wide and big for my face.

Asthe swelling has gone down the height has also become alot more natural looking. I'm so used to it now and don't think its too high. I wouldn't describe my nose tip as sharp but its def sharper and more defined than before. Well its so hard to describe think when u see it in person it will make more sense.

As for the goretex in the nose tip, it seems weird that Dr. Kim would put the goretex all the way up there. Won't that make the tip very hard? And I wonder what could cause the septum to poke outwards like that? Is it the weight of the implant? I guess these are questions that should be answered by the docs......

katy

Post by katy » Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:57 am

[quote="Hannah Lee"]Leenaaa,

my nose is still not a "small" nose by any means, for example Dawn Yang's nose which is very tiny by my standards. I don't think anyone would look at my new nose and think it looks very plastic, but its smaller than my original nose which was very wide and blobby. I think it matches my features better cuz my old nose was TOO wide and big for my face.

Asthe swelling has gone down the height has also become alot more natural looking. I'm so used to it now and don't think its too high. I wouldn't describe my nose tip as sharp but its def sharper and more defined than before. Well its so hard to describe think when u see it in person it will make more sense.

As for the goretex in the nose tip, it seems weird that Dr. Kim would put the goretex all the way up there. Won't that make the tip very hard? And I wonder what could cause the septum to poke outwards like that? Is it the weight of the implant? I guess these are questions that should be answered by the docs......[/quote]

I like big noses :D :D