Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 6:34 pm

hahhaha koko. we're not praying hard enuff. anw, my friend who went medical on 20th got her call already leh. she got into the sept class. and guess what? her notice was 1 mth. *bangs head.
"just a plain jane baby."

cyn85

Post by cyn85 » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:08 am

Hi ahben6,

i have the same training date as u on 04 Sept. :D

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 1:51 am

koko77 wrote:ntjy, ravens..

Been a long time huh, since i ever post this forum again. lol. anyway, from the previous thread, i read that sheryn & co have been starting to call people to attend the sept training. OK! for goodness sake, thou my notice is 3 mths, i realised i'm like *toot* to state it as 3 mths notice. what the heck? lol. pls call me soon...

Anyway, it's good that they have already scheduled the sept training. And i seriously hope they'll call me soon. alamak. I've waited till my hair turns white liao....

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo gan zhiong la..

oh gliny, if you see this. anticipate their call, cos they're calling the sept training soon dude...
patience is virtue! u got all my support k! :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 9:21 am

baby,

Don't compare, it'll just gets worst, like what blancD mentioned. Patience is virtue.. *bang wall*

BlancD.

Yes, indeed its a virtue. I rather not have this virtue. ha ha. Ok, it's all my fault stating 3 mths notice, what the hell? See, i'm here waiting like idiot. I've check my mail box today, no letters..... issit good or bad?

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:19 am

Hi all,

I would like send my resume to SIA for cabin crew application. I have a concern and hope someone can help me...

What is the covering letter mentioned in SIA recruitment?

Million thanks!!!! :)

Greenlife

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:21 am

Anyone going Emirates airline interview on this coming 26th august at Outram park?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:06 pm

Greenlife

I don't think there is a need for a cover letter and resume for applying a position in SIA. Because they provide an application form. Well, you can try actually by sending them a thorough resume of urself...

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 3:40 pm

Hi KoKo77,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

This is my 2nd time try to apply for SIA cabin crew. I failed on Feb 06 intake during 1 to 1 interview.

Dunno why I being rejected. May be my presentation not good enough...sad.

Are u flying now?

Greenlife

karen-k

Post by karen-k » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 5:45 pm

hi all...
SIA is recruiting both malaysian and taiwanese now..SIA expectation are getting higher now, they request us to send cover letter with full lenght photo as well....so work hard gals....cheers :)

Punkman

Post by Punkman » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:42 pm

look out on the papers, there's going to be a recruitment real real rel soon. =)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:52 pm

Greenlife,

I'm still waiting for them to call me. IF, im not rejected. I went for my medical already. Just waiting for a call... hehe

Sometimes, luck play a big part thru out the interviews. There could be practically nothing wrong with ur presentation, but they might think that you might not fit into their 'criteria' of a cabin crew. Basically, what im trying to say is; the problem lies with them. But don't worry, put in ur best and PREPARE urself for the interviews.

Tips is to practise ur speech, READ the NEWS, in my 1 to 1 interview. The interviewer asked me abt the top SIA news for the week. *bang wall*, one advice that the 1 to 1 interview told me. "if you made it to the mgmt, you have to prove to them how desperate you wanna be a crew"

Don't worry. GOod luck.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:27 am

can anyone enlighten me?? im currently a training crew of another airline.. i wanted to try SIA after my bonding..

but i heard SIA doesnt accpet private diplomas.. is that true? quite sad.. :(

Fannyo

SIA

Post by Fannyo » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 2:04 am

Anyone knows when is SIA recruiting local cabin crew again? I missed the last recruitment and would wish to try for the next one ?

Some SIA cabin crew blogs to share with you:
1. blessedkewpie.blogspot.com
2. jactian.blogspot.com
3. fionadiary.blogspot.com
4. juztryingmyluck.blogspot.com
5. -sqcraze-.blogspot.com
6. missyrea.blogspot.com

Any advice for the interviews ?

starry

Post by starry » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 3:27 am

erhh.... i don't think it is very nice to post people's blogs in an open forum.

anyway, i would think that they would close their blogs or change their blog url after knowing their blogs are being posted on a forum.

there was a pair of twins, both working as SQ girls. and after having their blog url posted on forum, they changed their url. cos i was reading their blogs n they mentioned that someone posted their url on a forum n they decided to change url... heeee..... but i was not the one who post their url on forum.

well, just my opinion. no hard feelings ya....

TeaHouse

Re: SIA

Post by TeaHouse » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:23 am

Fannyo wrote:Anyone knows when is SIA recruiting local cabin crew again? I missed the last recruitment and would wish to try for the next one ?

Some SIA cabin crew blogs to share with you:
1. blessedkewpie.blogspot.com
2. jactian.blogspot.com
3. fionadiary.blogspot.com
4. juztryingmyluck.blogspot.com
5. -sqcraze-.blogspot.com
6. missyrea.blogspot.com

Any advice for the interviews ?
nxt recruitment is at the end of August. look out for advertisement on 19