Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
eve6
Regular
Regular

Re: Training dates

Post by eve6 » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 8:49 pm

ahben6 wrote:Phew....Finally received a call from SIA today after 2 weeks of anxious wait.... i m going for the 4th sep training... anyone on the same date too?
hey ahben6, congratulations to u.... :) so is dis ur 1st time trying out 4 SQ or did u try it 4 so many times?

carsiao

Post by carsiao » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:15 pm

I got my training at 11th Sep...what a date right, will nvr forget!

ahben6

Post by ahben6 » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:11 am

Hi Blizz,

Yea I joined the July Intake. There are in total 4 rounds. First round, group interview, second round 1 to 1 interview, third round water confidence test + personality test and last round mgt interview and tea party.

My whole process take almost a month, after the medical check up, will receive a call within 2 weeks.

Will be signing the bond soon. The interviews, I would say is not to kill you... more to get to know you and to make sure u r the right person for this industry. Try looking at the past postings... it will definately give you a better picture on the whole process. All the best!

blizz1209 wrote:ahben6,

Hi,congratulations to u

It's such an exciting news.

Anyway,did u join the July interview? Am interested to join SIA. Hope u can help me solve my doubts, i'll appreciate ur kind help.

How many times did SIA ask u 2 go 4 interviews? My friend told me that the whole thing takes ard 5 days separately. Were the processes tough? R u offered with the contract yet?

Regards,
Blizz

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 1:33 am

Dear ahben6,

Thanx a millions 4 replying my questions.

Anyway,mind telling me how long is the bond offered? How many times u take leave/off days to go attend the interviews? (Asking this so that i can plan 4 my leave). I have read the previous threads that usually 1st time interview 4 SIA sure won't b accepted 1, gotta try a few more times then only can get it. Is tis true?

Am totally fresh 2 tis SIA thing. Hope u can help me out here.

Thanks

Regards,
blizz

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 2:26 am

blizz1209 wrote:Dear ahben6,

Anyway,mind telling me how long is the bond offered? How many times u take leave/off days to go attend the interviews? (Asking this so that i can plan 4 my leave). I have read the previous threads that usually 1st time interview 4 SIA sure won't b accepted 1, gotta try a few more times then only can get it. Is tis true?

Thanks

Regards,
blizz
hey blizz,
i understd that uve many doubts and questions in mind,
But why not try reading the past threads(read wisely of cos, some are jus hearsay)..
in any way, this forum really do help alot if u take some time to read and find out more for urself, i mean, if ure really interested in SIA, dont u think u shld put in more efffort den keep posting questions that have been answered so many times before?

to help u a little, the bond is abt 2 yrs or less,
and like i say, if ure really interested in joining SIA, u shld be finding out when is the 1st interview, thereafter, plan ur leave for it. as for the 2nd interview and so forth, u will be notified when are the dates, den u shall plan for ur next leave again. All in all, it really depends on how many days the whole interview process is carried out in,

for this current july intake, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rds are all on the same day.........den the 4th and 5th rd will be on another date ............den the 6th and 7th will be on another day too....followed by medical appointment date at ur own convenience..
SO, SHOULD the next recruitment be like this july intake, u will probably take ard 4 separate days of leave......???

Next, pertaining to u saying SIA usually wont accept ppl who try for the first time, den i think u are really wrong and u are not reading the threads wisely.......
if u have really wad it takes for SIA to accept u...i believe u can pass during the first try..

Hope these answered ur queries.
anyway read from abt 300+ pages onwards, the info shld be even better.

rgds

ahben6

Post by ahben6 » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 1:07 pm

Hi Blizz,

I agreed with ntyj,

It will be extremely helpful to take some time to read the past postings.

Lastly about the first time applicants don't get the job is also a total myth.

blizz1209 wrote:Dear ahben6,

Thanks

Regards,
blizz

Ixora

Post by Ixora » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 5:57 pm

Hi ntyj,
I cant PM you , possible you may provide an email/MSN . Just to ask some other questions?
Pls do PM me. thks.
_ix

San-shinez

hey hi to everyone out there! :D

Post by San-shinez » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 5:57 pm

hi hi to all out there!

im very much keen in the SIA interview and just wanna get to know all you gals out there who are sharing the same feeling as me!

Went thru lotsa the previous posts by u gals n thumbs-up for all the infos and encouragement gg round and round!! :D

for a start, just wanna say i actually planned to go for the July interview but gave it a miss in the last min...cos i oni got to know it less than a week before the interview..kinda tensed-up. Cos its gonna be my first attempt n ive got some worries abt myself if im actually qualified or not :(

But i will be gg for the next interview which i guess shld be cmg up pretty soon...anyone gg for it? I need a bit of the confidence-booster here.... :wink:

P/S: hey raven!! thks for your super-fast reply n u'r definitely a confidence-booster!! :lol:

ravens

hi

Post by ravens » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 8:56 pm

hi there,

no problem at all. if theres anything u might wan to know beside been mentioned in this forum do let us know.

cheers

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 10:55 pm

Ixora wrote:Hi ntyj,
I cant PM you , possible you may provide an email/MSN . Just to ask some other questions?
Pls do PM me. thks.
_ix
ntyj jie jie is a good person to ask advise from :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 2:04 am

blancD wrote:
Ixora wrote:Hi ntyj,
Pls do PM me. thks.
_ix
ntyj jie jie is a good person to ask advise from :D

don spout nonsense blancD! but thanks for "promoting"..haha
I am jus speaking from experience.....may jus pm me or even ravens if anything...
ravens is great too u know!! :oops:

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 9:48 am

ntjy, ravens..

Been a long time huh, since i ever post this forum again. lol. anyway, from the previous thread, i read that sheryn & co have been starting to call people to attend the sept training. OK! for goodness sake, thou my notice is 3 mths, i realised i'm like *toot* to state it as 3 mths notice. what the heck? lol. pls call me soon...

Anyway, it's good that they have already scheduled the sept training. And i seriously hope they'll call me soon. alamak. I've waited till my hair turns white liao....

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo gan zhiong la..

oh gliny, if you see this. anticipate their call, cos they're calling the sept training soon dude...

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 4:21 pm

koko77 wrote:ntjy, ravens..

Been a long time huh, since i ever post this forum again. lol. anyway, from the previous thread, i read that sheryn & co have been starting to call people to attend the sept training. OK! for goodness sake, thou my notice is 3 mths, i realised i'm like *toot* to state it as 3 mths notice. what the heck? lol. pls call me soon...

Anyway, it's good that they have already scheduled the sept training. And i seriously hope they'll call me soon. alamak. I've waited till my hair turns white liao....

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo gan zhiong la..

oh gliny, if you see this. anticipate their call, cos they're calling the sept training soon dude...
wei babe.. hahah dun like tt leh.. u making me more gan zhiong u know! lol :)
"just a plain jane baby."

Ixora

Post by Ixora » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 5:02 pm

Hi BlancD,

Yes, ntyj has provided much useful info on my part. Apreciate much. It's good to know that there are pple ard to share their in-sight/expriences b4 we newbies get into the line of job. I am not really looking for a short term job and really wondering if SIA can be career comapny for me. Esp considering after a flying career, will ther be other on-shore job opprtunities in SIA.

Anyone who can comment ?

~ix

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 5:54 pm

baby.

Cool it man. ntjy and ravens have been tryin hard to cool me down. But it doesn't seem to work that much. There's practically nothing we can do, except for waiting like a mad cow. lol. we'll pray that the wait is worth while ok? Pray everyday!

Ixora,

A career in SIA wouldnt be like really long term. But at the least, once ur bonded, you can served up to 5yrs, but you can quit after ur 18mths flying. SIA do have other positions like admin, or..... some other ground based job available once or twice ina yr, you can check out the webby for more info.

I guess whatever it is, you have to clearly know what you want. That matters more than any else.

=P