Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Fri, 04 Aug 2006 4:54 pm

voxvox wrote:
ValerieChu wrote:
Baby_Jr14 wrote:anybody went for 12th july interview received their calls? im getting paranoid by the day hahaha coz i heard there's like training for 23rd aug.
hi there Baby_Jr14... is there interview on july 12th?? i was browing at SIA website..? but didnt see any.. where did u get all those recruitment information?? thanks

val
Hi Valerie,

I believed Baby_Jr14 was referring to the final/ management interview held on 12th July. He/she was not referring to the walk-in recruitment drive. Hope it clears your doubts. :)

Best regards
voxvox
yeaps. i was referring to the mgmt int :)
"just a plain jane baby."

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 04 Aug 2006 8:50 pm

Matt10 wrote:Anyway, has the MAS cabin crew been retrenched? So they started their training with SIA? because i heard SOME of them are sent to SIA. :D

Looks like SIA is in need for more cabin crew. :D
no, MAS haven't decided on a retrenchment scheme yet. Most likely no seeing their current way of managing the company.
Current MAS cabin crews contract with MAS have not been renewed, and they're encouraged to leave the company once their contract is expired.
"City of Ang3Ls"

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Resigned

Post by blancD » Fri, 04 Aug 2006 8:52 pm

ntyj wrote:
shopaholic wrote:
carsiao wrote:Hearing from my friends, there are a total of 700 plus Crews resigned after getting their big fat bonus! Wow...chances chances for the newbie!

doesn't it say something about the job when there's such an astounding number of people leaving?
700+ resignations..is just a hearsay.
even if its true, thats probably because they are ppl who didnt get their objectives right (work for glamourous purposes) before they started to pursue in this job.
in any ways...there are like thousands of crews, lets not rule out those who enjoy the work and really stay on for years.
700+ is an unbelievable amount of people to quit in my opinion.We do not know if this is true. The number is like retrenchment!!! :o
"City of Ang3Ls"

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 2:06 pm

Dear all,

Does any1 here have any idea that when is the next recruitment? I just visted the SIA website, so sad to find out that it's now recruiting Indonesians.

Omg, when is the next recruitment for Singaporeans/Malaysians?

Am 25 years old this year, am so worried that i m considered 'old' :( .

Any1 pls share some insider info? Mind telling me the requirements?

Thanx a millions

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 2:51 pm

blizz1209 wrote:Dear all,

Does any1 here have any idea that when is the next recruitment? I just visted the SIA website, so sad to find out that it's now recruiting Indonesians.

Thanx a millions
erm, next recruitment shld be ard sept.
the recent one jus over (1st/2nd july)

ive frds who still manage to get in even thou they are 27-29..so i guess wad really matters is ur overall presentation..

requirements can be found in other threads..but mainly height(min158cm), qualifications either Os or local diplomas.....at times they ask for only Os but they did ask for DIps before..

other than that...the looks, skin, figure etc are secondary..as long as ure not ...erm... too extreme...u noe wad i mean? cos no matter wad SIA has a certain standard :oops:

anxious

Post by anxious » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 6:29 pm

Hey blizz,

I think 25 they will still accept you as their cabin crew, cus i went for the last recruitment, there is this girl 26 yr old, she was selected for the one to one interview. Not too sure if she gets in.. but i think you still have a chance.

Think at the meantime keep a look out at their website. Nxt recruitment should be soon, there is one this apr, jul, so it cld be sept. =)

missviolette

Hello

Post by missviolette » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:10 pm

Dont worry about it mate, Ive got a friend who got recruited at the age of 26. Keep coool! Wanna know about the requirements, check out www.singaporeair.com->careers!
Have a great time

cheers

Thanx a millions
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:29 pm

Dear all....
Hey all..

Thanx 4 the reply. Am new to this forum. You guys r so helpful in solving my doubts.

I am so looking forward to the September recruitment. Btw, do SIA alwaz have recruitment in every year September? Is this a trend? Will tis recruitment open to both malaysians and singaporeans? Is this gonna b a walk-in in Singapore? Or we'll need to write in/email our applications then SIA will contact the shorlisted?

How long does the whole selection process take? I mean how long it will take to confirm if SIA wanna take u in? In a month? Few weeks? As i have read some previous threads that there r quite manay rounds to pass through.

Omg, so many questions to ask. Thanx a millions to everyone

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:49 pm

Dear all,

Am 25 years old tis year. Will turn into 26 years old soon :(

Btw, will they consider Malaysian degree holder?

Wat is the primary factor SIA is looking for? Age,height,weight,qualification,nationality,skin,.....?

Any1 willing to share here?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 2:18 am

Am 25 years old tis year. Will turn into 26 years old soon :(

Btw, will they consider Malaysian degree holder?

Wat is the primary factor SIA is looking for? Age,height,weight,qualification,nationality,skin,.....?

Any1 willing to share here?
no SIA doesnt have a particular recruitment trend. They're just known to about 4 recruitments a year in Malaysia. All answers to your question can be found if you read the previous 400 post, they're very helpful and provides you insights on certain cases as well. Like missvolette said, read the recruitment qualification on the website itself. No such thing as insider info, as long as you're willing to read the previous 400 posts, it is a great 'insider' info itself.
"City of Ang3Ls"

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 9:46 am

blizz1209 wrote:Dear all....
Hey all..

Thanx 4 the reply. Am new to this forum. You guys r so helpful in solving my doubts.

I am so looking forward to the September recruitment. Btw, do SIA alwaz have recruitment in every year September? Is this a trend? Will tis recruitment open to both malaysians and singaporeans? Is this gonna b a walk-in in Singapore? Or we'll need to write in/email our applications then SIA will contact the shorlisted?

How long does the whole selection process take? I mean how long it will take to confirm if SIA wanna take u in? In a month? Few weeks? As i have read some previous threads that there r quite manay rounds to pass through.

Omg, so many questions to ask. Thanx a millions to everyone
Good morning. You must have alot of questions pertaining to being a crew. But it would be wise to do a little homework like reading the past posts. There are hundreds of them and all sorts of questions most people would asked. And its all there. You may want to start reading from post pages 300 onwards. Just a rough guide. You will find alot of answers from there. This would take you a shorter time to know all abt being a crew and the processes involved.

Have a nice day.

Ixora

Post by Ixora » Mon, 07 Aug 2006 8:21 am

Hi All,
Reccomended by a fren to visit this forum. I think many come with questions that want to be answered.
As i read thru some of the posts, i was really looking for answers to my doubts. I understand we may write in or go for the walk in interview... With considerations to that , I do have a problem with height. Nobody ever guessed my height. Most presumed me to be 1.6m , but i am merely 1.56m . Saw the post on "kym ng" , i guess i have to try just as many times. :roll:

Personally from any1 who will comment, does a walk-in interview fare a better chance for me to win the interviewer, or just write-in and hope my application will shine thru?

Why this question is bcoz i believe that i may most probably be able to mange thru the rest of the "test" and this industry, but yet b4 i rch that i stage, I hope that i do not get rejected for the 1st time with the only reason that i am 2cm too short. :cry:

Most of the conditions of employment of SIA can be a viarable and height is something one cannot change nor improve. If there are still ladies who are serious in pursuing a career in SIA C.Crew and facing a problem like mine, i suggest you go for it. Do what you can and do what you need to.

~ix

Ixora

Post by Ixora » Mon, 07 Aug 2006 5:29 pm

Thanks ntyj for your in-sight. I guess I will just have to try it out to weight my odds.
Emirates has open days and assesment days. What are the differences? Open days are free for all to come ?!
~ix

ahben6

Training dates

Post by ahben6 » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 5:14 pm

Phew....Finally received a call from SIA today after 2 weeks of anxious wait.... i m going for the 4th sep training... anyone on the same date too?

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 7:44 pm

ahben6,

Hi,congratulations to u

It's such an exciting news.

Anyway,did u join the July interview? Am interested to join SIA. Hope u can help me solve my doubts, i'll appreciate ur kind help.

How many times did SIA ask u 2 go 4 interviews? My friend told me that the whole thing takes ard 5 days separately. Were the processes tough? R u offered with the contract yet?

Regards,
Blizz