Singapore Expats

Food business

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
roge_leeyonghwee

Food business

Post by roge_leeyonghwee » Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:28 pm

I planning to start a small business (Western Food) in coffeeshops stalls / Hawker stalls..... Anyone have any advices on this?? Profitable??

Understand there is franchise for Fried & BBQ Chicken (Golden Rooster) & western food... Thinking of taking up their franchise programme but feel that i should come up with my own western menu rather than depend on them. Have contacted them... Franchise fees: 2000SGD, supplies have to take from them... Everythings have prepare for you, the only things that i have to do is to source for location & equipments...Can't decide which direction to go....any advice on this both option???

Currently looking for food stalls (coffee shop) & equipments at the moment....any recommedation from friends here??

Anyone in this business also.....please give your comments regards to risks of this business, the start up capital & est. earning??....

Appreciate for all ur advices

Thanks alot...

bslim67

Re: Food business

Post by bslim67 » Thu, 03 Aug 2006 5:14 pm

roge_leeyonghwee wrote:I planning to start a small business (Western Food) in coffeeshops stalls / Hawker stalls..... Anyone have any advices on this?? Profitable??

Understand there is franchise for Fried & BBQ Chicken (Golden Rooster) & western food... Thinking of taking up their franchise programme but feel that i should come up with my own western menu rather than depend on them. Have contacted them... Franchise fees: 2000SGD, supplies have to take from them... Everythings have prepare for you, the only things that i have to do is to source for location & equipments...Can't decide which direction to go....any advice on this both option???

Currently looking for food stalls (coffee shop) & equipments at the moment....any recommedation from friends here??

Anyone in this business also.....please give your comments regards to risks of this business, the start up capital & est. earning??....

Thanks alot...
Can I know where is this place?

bladechia

Maybe I can help

Post by bladechia » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 7:49 pm

- I have dealing with commercial cooking/bakery/refrigeration unit before

Wide range of products
- Meat Slicer/Meat Mincer
- Oven
- Undercounter Table with chiller
- Upright Chiller or Freezer

If you need help in looking for equipments, you can contact me thru email: [email protected] for recommendation

XavierG

food Business

Post by XavierG » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 2:58 pm

Dear roge_leeyonghwee,

I applaud your decision to try your hand in the food business. I wish you the best.

However, think you should hold back on the decision on getting the franchise. Do not seems like a good idea or worthwhile.

Most importantly in food business and retail, do not fall into the "rental trap" of going for the cheap rental locations. You will find often that a location with 3 times the rent is able to give you business in two days what you will only get over a month in a cheap place. Sometimes, over one lunch time!

Just food for thought.

Xavier

badspf

Re: Food business

Post by badspf » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:00 pm

roge_leeyonghwee wrote:I planning to start a small business (Western Food) in coffeeshops stalls / Hawker stalls..... Anyone have any advices on this?? Profitable??

Thanks alot...
ur franchise fees are one time payment or monthly?
supplies? did u count how much u need to pay them per mth to get their supplies?
after that + rental + equipments = total
total / (Chicken/western food) = how much u need to sell per day
if you find it okie. it is pofitable, and u can take it