Singapore Expats

camera bluetooth connectivity for mobile phones???

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
artped2002

camera bluetooth connectivity for mobile phones???

Post by artped2002 » Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:50 pm

just want to ask if u know any small camera that has a bluetooth connectivity??? so u can use your mobile phone to control it?
"a man with no destination will never end his journey."

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Post by Scorpion » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 1:01 am

what model an brand are u using? nokia an sony-eric has models that support an external bluetooth camera.

was using mca-25 communicam for my sony-eric phone.
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

artped2002

Post by artped2002 » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 8:56 am

hi scorpion,

im using sonyericsson w810, i think the mca-25 can only attached to the system connector of the unit...
im looking for wireless connections thru bluetooth.

thanks,
"a man with no destination will never end his journey."

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Post by Scorpion » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 3:58 am

w810.. does support any external bluetooth camera's :?
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 9:06 pm

You also need to remember the bandwidth limitation of bluetooth cameras...

And what do you need this for? Planning on spying on someone in the next room? Hmmmm? ;)

That being said, SE has a remote-control camera that can send images via BT to the controlling phone:

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1020

The ROB-1 can rove around for a distance of up to 50 meters from the user, streaming video to the phone's display. The device's three wheels and spherical shape combined with camera technology to make it agile and flexible with a wide field of vision. Eleven centimetres in diameter, ROB-1 can move forwards, backwards, look around corners, pivot on the spot or tilt the camera 70º upwards and 20º downwards. Sony Ericsson has even added a light to the front of the unit so you can take pictures from under things - or dark spaces like under your desk.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett