Singapore Expats

Next Cabin Crew Recruitment

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shan1984
Regular
Regular

Post by shan1984 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 8:32 pm

oh ok.. so its confirm that they will be havin this interviews right? But since its an internal news and wat if we go there for the interview and they ask how come we know about it hw??

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:00 pm

Just say, "I heard it through the grapevine." Email the address given to confirm, just for your own peace of mind.

shan1984
Regular
Regular

Post by shan1984 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:07 pm

oh ok.. thanks alot.. :D

nornatalia08

Post by nornatalia08 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 3:42 pm

whats jetstar pay like?

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 5:58 pm

Peanuts! And don't expect a coke with those peanuts! :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 6:43 pm

Matney wrote:Peanuts! And don't expect a coke with those peanuts! :wink:
Dare I comment?...........

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Plavt.

Faylinn

Post by Faylinn » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 7:10 pm

So shan1984 did u send email to jetstar asia? got any reply? :roll:

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Recruitment process

Post by grivoise » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 7:14 pm

Hi all...

Ok, I've been reading through this thread and there have been several posts about the recruitment process. But I'm still really confused so I'ld like to post this question once again to clear my own doubts.

Is the recruitment procedure in the following sequence:

1) Group ->
2) 1-on-1 ->
3) Kebaya ->
4) Psychometric test ->
5) Swimming (Water Confidence) ->
6) Tea Party ->
7) Management,

with 1 & 2 on the same day, 3, 4 & 5 on another day and 6 & 7 on a third day?

Also, at which stage do they check your height (as it'll be quite sad to be asked to leave at a later round because one's height is discovered to be unacceptable)?

And am I right to say that at the kebaya fitting a beautician checks your facial skin and at the water confidence round they check the rest of your body for flaws?

Thank you all for any clarification and advice!!!

(I posted this in the SIA Cabin Crew thread but I think it's too saturated with repeat questions and even personal conversations that I thought I'ld have better luck here. Apologies in advance.)

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 7:55 pm

grivoise, I can't honestly answer your question. I feel that if you email the person mentioned in my orginial post, she may be able to answer your questions. I have never applied for the position of Flight Attendent. Maybe there will be someone on this forumn who has gone through the process and can answer your question. Good luck! :wink:

Plavt, Shame, shame, shame! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I understand the more I read this post. :wink:

shan1984
Regular
Regular

Post by shan1984 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 8:03 pm

I did email them.. yes the interview is confirm. Its a walk-in. Anybody knows the procedure for Jet*Asia interview and how many r they selecting this time round? Pls advise. :)

shan1984
Regular
Regular

Re: Recruitment process

Post by shan1984 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 8:25 pm

Hi.. in case any1 of u interested in knowin details of silkair interview, here is the following:

1) Group of 10, self intro plus readin a passage given by them
2) 1-on-1
3) Water Confidence cum skin check
4) Uniform Fitting, ht n wt check
5) Management
6) Tea Party

1 and 2 is done on one day. 3 and 4 on one day, but not all are able to make it to the uniform fitting. Some will be booted out after the water confidence. 5 and 6 are done on one day.

Venue of interview: 1 n 2= Hotel Ballroom, 3 n 4= STC, 5 n 6= Silkair Office(Airline Road)

Thats all folks!!

grivoise wrote:Hi all...

Ok, I've been reading through this thread and there have been several posts about the recruitment process. But I'm still really confused so I'ld like to post this question once again to clear my own doubts.

Is the recruitment procedure in the following sequence:

1) Group ->
2) 1-on-1 ->
3) Kebaya ->
4) Psychometric test ->
5) Swimming (Water Confidence) ->
6) Tea Party ->
7) Management,

with 1 & 2 on the same day, 3, 4 & 5 on another day and 6 & 7 on a third day?

Also, at which stage do they check your height (as it'll be quite sad to be asked to leave at a later round because one's height is discovered to be unacceptable)?

And am I right to say that at the kebaya fitting a beautician checks your facial skin and at the water confidence round they check the rest of your body for flaws?

Thank you all for any clarification and advice!!!

(I posted this in the SIA Cabin Crew thread but I think it's too saturated with repeat questions and even personal conversations that I thought I'ld have better luck here. Apologies in advance.)

Faylinn

Post by Faylinn » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:17 am

Anyone gng for Walk-in interviews with Jeststar Asia on e 3Aug'06?
Wat other documents we need to bring? Pls advise.... Thankyou! :D

eve6
Regular
Regular

Post by eve6 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 2:10 pm

Faylinn wrote:Anyone gng for Walk-in interviews with Jeststar Asia on e 3Aug'06?
Wat other documents we need to bring? Pls advise.... Thankyou! :D
hey faylinn, i too am going for the interview on 3 AUG. from wat Matney said bring along ur passport, passport photo and resume. so i tink dat wub b all but juz in case they wana look at ur educational certificates jus bring a copie of it. :wink:

eve6
Regular
Regular

Post by eve6 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 2:20 pm

shan1984 wrote:I did email them.. yes the interview is confirm. Its a walk-in. Anybody knows the procedure for Jet*Asia interview and how many r they selecting this time round? Pls advise. :)
dis is wat i got from the other forum...

The Jetstar interview is pretty simple... just need to be confident, natural and smile... most importantly be pro-active

I don't know if the interview is still the same but the 1st round, u'll be put in groups of 10 and talk abt ureself. Followed by a short description on the job which will be presented by the recruitment officers. Then break into smaller groups where they will be give u a topic and discussed among ureself and how the group want to present it.

2nd interview is a 1-1 interview followed by a scenario where u have to role play it however u want.

Last interview will be meeting the management to see how u interact and mingle. For all stages if ure successful, they'll call u on the day itself.

hope dis help. :wink:

eve6
Regular
Regular

Post by eve6 » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 2:30 pm

ouh and does anyone noe wats the dress code like? :?