Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 2:17 pm

koko77 wrote:ntyj.

Yesh, the next training for august would be on the 14th, followed by 23rd..

=)
hi koko77!!
thanks for the clarification!
=) hope i will get my call soon....

anyway can u pm me her office number...?
apparently i have one that starts with 6549........
but no one pick it up all the time!
hmm..if its wrong, probably u can give me the number u have?
thanks a lot babe ! =)

hope u get ur training date soon too..=)

mickccm

Post by mickccm » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 2:47 pm

hey guys.. i just went for the medical checkup ytd... and i am waiting to ord from ARMY on sept 30... will be I able to get notified soon??

coz i donno how long does it take to know.. can someone help mi out here??

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 2:49 pm

Hey. Anyone knows if anyone failed at the medical? What would be the time span to call? As in like how long they take to inform you?

??

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 3:38 pm

Hi Koko77,

I understand exactly how you feel, cause it happened to me too when I went for the suntec interview on April.

I finished my medical in mid May, all my batch mates got their training dates but me. And about 3 weeks later, I've got a letter telling me that my application was unsuccessful. I emailed the CCE, and found out that it was my qualifications, which I kind of expect the reason to be.

Well, if you have meet all their basic requirements like qualifications and height, then it should not be a problem. Did the doctor mention anything during your medical? I realise the doc actually give comments throughout the check up.

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:06 pm

lolitaa wrote:Hi Koko77,

I understand exactly how you feel, cause it happened to me too when I went for the suntec interview on April.

I finished my medical in mid May, all my batch mates got their training dates but me. And about 3 weeks later, I've got a letter telling me that my application was unsuccessful. I emailed the CCE, and found out that it was my qualifications, which I kind of expect the reason to be.

Well, if you have meet all their basic requirements like qualifications and height, then it should not be a problem. Did the doctor mention anything during your medical? I realise the doc actually give comments throughout the check up.
hey there..
qualifications? i thought they checked ur qualifications during the 2nd interview?

during my medical the doc didn't comment much. hahaha im getting so paranoid. i need to cool down man.. lol.

dyingprayer

Post by dyingprayer » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:21 pm

Currently holding a full-time office job but would like to try out SIA. Is it necessary to quit the job if you were to be selected for the rounds of training? - like you've gota wait for dates ya? what's the schedule like? SIA pays u the basic while you're on course? Thanks :???:

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:49 pm

Hi Baby_Jr14,

Yes, they checked. I was even being questioned about my qualifications, which is like 3 Os and a higher nitec in business, during my mgt interview. I made it still, and also the tea party. I guess, it takes the whole commitee to confirm a case like mine; an educationally unqualified applicant who made it through all the rounds for her virgin SIA interview. Ha. But its over, I guessed the recruitment team did not agree as a whole, i understand as this would be unfair to all of the FAs.

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 5:02 pm

[quote="dyingprayer"]Currently holding a full-time office job but would like to try out SIA. Is it necessary to quit the job if you were to be selected for the rounds of training? - like you've gota wait for dates ya? what's the schedule like? SIA pays u the basic while you're on course? Thanks :???:[/quote]

Nope, i woudn't suggest u quit ur job until u are told of ur training date. They will give u time to tender ur resignation.

Yep SIA pays the basic when u r on course:)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 5:29 pm

lolitaa...

Oh gosh. Cos i'm still studying now you see, and I will be graduating in Oct this yr with a dip. I'm afraid that it could be one of those reason that i might be rejected.... I did honestly told them that, I am still studying but for sure I will be graduating this yr...

During the mgmt interview, they didn't mentioned anything about my qualifications. I heard from the mgmt interviewers that, when they sent you for medical, it's solely based on the medical report. They don't scrutinised the qualifications anymore....

geezzz...

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 5:35 pm

Hmm.

Not very true, cause I called them up while waiting for my "training dates" and they actually said that apart from the medical, the CCE still have to screen through everything.

The reason for SIA rejection on me was based on my qualifications, cause the cabin crew executive called me 2 weeks ago to explain.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 5:38 pm

then that's another factor for me to worry again... I will be graduating and have not graduated.. I dunno if SIA is willing to wait anot. Geez. I felt much better when sheryn told me that, it haven't been finalised yet. Now, i start feeling the anxiety again....

Any clues abt mine??

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 6:43 pm

koko77 wrote:
lolitaa wrote:hi koko77

are you local?

If not, then don't worry too much cause SIA will need more then a month to get back to you.

Good luck!
Hey lolitaa & blancD

yeah i'm local. I hope what you guys mentioned is true.. heh.. It's really exasperating, when other gers who went interviews with me had been notified. People cleared their medical so cliche as it may sound, but anything might happened.

I hope sheryn will call me soon.. Meanwhile I'll just try to let these hard feelings off, and i really hope that things fall neatly into place. As i wanted it to be..

Thou Im quite certain that there shouldn't be any problem with my medical, but i'll never know. Few of my friends told me that, if I were to fail medical, they wouldn't have told me that my case haven't been finalised yet when i called, it make sense... but how true is that? how logical?
do not worry too much! like you said, whether you succeed or not, they will nofity you! and besides cabin crews have very high turnover rates, a huge amount of people quit each year, so they're expecting more; there's always shortage in the FA industry.
"City of Ang3Ls"

dyingprayer

Post by dyingprayer » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 8:56 am

ooo... thanx bachelorette... Would I stand a good chance if i know Jap language and referred by an existing crew in SIA? Thou i only hv a private dip cert...well, my results are so-so.

Gliny, so familiar!! I'm new la... couldnt reply u. Your name? Thankie

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 9:20 am

[quote="dyingprayer"]ooo... thanx bachelorette... Would I stand a good chance if i know Jap language and referred by an existing crew in SIA? Thou i only hv a private dip cert...well, my results are so-so.

Gliny, so familiar!! I'm new la... couldnt reply u. Your name? Thankie[/quote]

Definitely having an extra foreign language would be good for ur profile.

Hmm as for recommendation from existing crew, i do not really think it does help cause when i went for the interview rounds, out of 10, 8 who said they have frens in SIA working as a crew, didnt even make it thru the first round..

wink:

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:59 am

dyingprayer wrote:ooo... thanx bachelorette... Would I stand a good chance if i know Jap language and referred by an existing crew in SIA? Thou i only hv a private dip cert...well, my results are so-so.

Gliny, so familiar!! I'm new la... couldnt reply u. Your name? Thankie
yea, true, as I heard recomendations might not turn out as good as you think. I seriously think SIA would not accept extremely good results in hope that they would not pull down the candidates chances of obtaining a better job elsewhere. SIA certainly would not accept TOO HIGH a qualification...
just my two cents worth... :D
"City of Ang3Ls"