Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gliny
Regular
Regular

Re: hi ...

Post by gliny » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 8:05 am

[quote="blancD"][
Last edited by gliny on Mon, 31 Jul 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:58 am

Sad.. This is simply annoying and nerve wrecking. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for them to call to notify me, all my friends have been notified for theior training date since last week. The only difference between us?, i stated a 3 months notice period. The most annoying part is that, they have specifically mentioned it, no matter you passed or failed the medical. They will have to call me. Thing that they have not done so far.....

I'm sooo depressed. I quite certain that there shouldn't be anything wrong with my medical, if i were to failed it I would have died by now waiting for their call.

Anyone knows what am I supposed to do? Calling and emailing doesn't help, cos my other friends tried it before.

99.9% there but not yet...

shaky

Post by shaky » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:17 pm

gliny wrote:I think we should not keep trying and trying even though we can't get in. Like one of the trainer in sia stated, he said that it is better to give yourself a window period like 6 mths before coming for the interview again. Meanwhile go think about where you went wrong, and what you could have done better. Even the trainer recongnise the person coming for the 1nd or 3rd time. Its not going to give a lasting impression of yourself isn't it? No offense in my post. Just giving a thought on what the trainer said.

u hav a point there as well gliny but then if u r realli keen to get the job i guess u will grab at any chance even if it's a slim one. plus, SIA has many interviewers and interviewees so unless u made an impression on the interviewers, if not i doubt they even remember.
the grass is greener on the other side.

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 2:45 pm

koko77 wrote:Sad.. This is simply annoying and nerve wrecking. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for them to call to notify me, all my friends have been notified for theior training date since last week. The only difference between us?, i stated a 3 months notice period. The most annoying part is that, they have specifically mentioned it, no matter you passed or failed the medical. They will have to call me. Thing that they have not done so far.....

I'm sooo depressed. I quite certain that there shouldn't be anything wrong with my medical, if i were to failed it I would have died by now waiting for their call.

Anyone knows what am I supposed to do? Calling and emailing doesn't help, cos my other friends tried it before.

hey girl im waiting for the letter too.. i so understand how u feel.. anw when was ur medical check up?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 4:22 pm

Baby_Jr14.

I went for my medical on the 12th July. Supposedly I should have received the call cos all my friends they have been notified of their training dates. The medical would only take 3 days in actual fact..

Anyway I called already, she said mine's still not finalised yet, she didn't specify why. I dunno could it be the notice period thingy? Cos other then just medical, we still have to go thru security screening.

SO when was ur medical?

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Recruitment process

Post by grivoise » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 5:37 pm

Hi all...

Ok, I've been reading through this thread and there have been several posts about the recruitment process. But I'm still really confused so I'ld like to post this question once again to clear my own doubts.

Is the recruitment procedure in the following sequence:

1) Group ->
2) 1-on-1 ->
3) Kebaya ->
4) Psychometric test ->
5) Swimming (Water Confidence) ->
6) Tea Party ->
7) Management,

with 1 & 2 on the same day, 3, 4 & 5 on another day and 6 & 7 on a third day?

Also, at which stage do they check your height (as it'll be quite sad to be asked to leave at a later round because one's height is discovered to be unacceptable)?

And am I right to say that at the kebaya fitting a beautician checks your facial skin and at the water confidence round they check the rest of your body for flaws?

Thank you all for any clarification and advice!!!

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 6:19 pm

hi koko77

are you local?

If not, then don't worry too much cause SIA will need more then a month to get back to you.

Good luck!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:55 pm

koko77 wrote:Sad.. This is simply annoying and nerve wrecking. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for them to call to notify me, all my friends have been notified for theior training date since last week. The only difference between us?, i stated a 3 months notice period. The most annoying part is that, they have specifically mentioned it, no matter you passed or failed the medical. They will have to call me. Thing that they have not done so far.....

do not worry, i've heard from a friend her reply from sia took a few weeks to a month. maybe because you've stated a 3 month notice period, they have to finalised their training date before notifying you!
"City of Ang3Ls"

ravens

Post by ravens » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:13 am

well does it mean that those who start first are those with no notice periods then? as in priorities are given to those cos they can start first?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 1:27 am

ravens wrote:well does it mean that those who start first are those with no notice periods then? as in priorities are given to those cos they can start first?
yup, during the mgmt interview, there was a paper that states every individual how long our notice period are, and from there, sheryn the coordinator will prioritise those who have no notice periods followed by those with 2 week, one mth, 2 mths, etc.

btw.....so next training class is at 14 aug isit?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 9:17 am

[quote="lolitaa"]hi koko77

are you local?

If not, then don't worry too much cause SIA will need more then a month to get back to you.

Good luck![/quote]

Hey lolitaa & blancD

yeah i'm local. I hope what you guys mentioned is true.. heh.. It's really exasperating, when other gers who went interviews with me had been notified. People cleared their medical so cliche as it may sound, but anything might happened.

I hope sheryn will call me soon.. Meanwhile I'll just try to let these hard feelings off, and i really hope that things fall neatly into place. As i wanted it to be..

Thou Im quite certain that there shouldn't be any problem with my medical, but i'll never know. Few of my friends told me that, if I were to fail medical, they wouldn't have told me that my case haven't been finalised yet when i called, it make sense... but how true is that? how logical?
Last edited by koko77 on Thu, 27 Jul 2006 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 9:22 am

ntyj.

Yesh, the next training for august would be on the 14th, followed by 23rd..

=)

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:33 am

koko77 wrote:Baby_Jr14.

I went for my medical on the 12th July. Supposedly I should have received the call cos all my friends they have been notified of their training dates. The medical would only take 3 days in actual fact..

Anyway I called already, she said mine's still not finalised yet, she didn't specify why. I dunno could it be the notice period thingy? Cos other then just medical, we still have to go thru security screening.

SO when was ur medical?
i went my medical on the 13th... it's really heart wrecking... as in i've been waiting anxiously cause i specified that i only need 1 week notice.. oh well, i hope it's worth the wait. by chance what number did you call up? i thought i would like to give them a call too...

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:20 pm

I think its not very nice to 'publish' sheryn direct no like that. lol. y not u email me. [email protected]. hmmm... i dunno y you have not been notified yet. Most of my friends are either immediate otherwise 2 weeks or a month...

Baby_Jr14

Post by Baby_Jr14 » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 2:15 pm

koko77 wrote:I think its not very nice to 'publish' sheryn direct no like that. lol. y not u email me. [email protected]. hmmm... i dunno y you have not been notified yet. Most of my friends are either immediate otherwise 2 weeks or a month...
Roger :) thanks.