Singapore Expats

BHARTIYA JANTA SINGAPORE KI- Members Of Bhartiya Association

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by maddyks » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 8:58 am

Ek din ke liye kya forum check nahi kiya.. duniya hi ulti ho gayi.

Spent so much time checking for the MBA thread, then noticed it became a sticky. cool work. Ajit bhai ki jai (Saala, national dhandha hai ye jai bolne ka to) 8-)

Mr. Batli, awesome jokes man. Mast public lagta hai bhidu tu. Lekin apun abhi apna gujju, bhindi, singlish, tamlish mix me hi rahega. Mereko woh jamta hai ne isliye... :)

Russel Peters... I think i have the full 45 min video which you ppl are talking about, lemme look it up. Its bloddy hilarious but yea the indian-chinese part is like the cream on the cake. :D

will keep looking forward to the next meet up.

Cheers

khozism
Regular
Regular

Post by khozism » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:45 am

[/quote]

Hmmmm..... Looks like I am suggesting

We can have a meetup at Marche @ Orchard Road or Go for a Treetop Walk at McRitche or Meetup at Starbucks Cafe at Orchard Parade or Meetup at Lau Pa Sat etc.....[/quote]

Batli ... marche on a saturday or sunday will be extremely crowded. The Marche that you are speaking about is at The Heeren, Orchard road, right?

I've been there a few times and every time I had to like wait for several mins. Moreover it will be difficult to get a big table which can accomodate all of us. Eventually we would have to sit on seperate tables which will be no fun at all ....

hey maddy .... yaar apne pitaare mein se kuch nikaal na yaar ... the other day when we left from Aiwo, i remember you had many ideas regarding the places that the gang can go..... scratch your head buddy and come up with somethinn .... you've been here for like many years? .... isnt it ?? ....

hope to see some more ideas stem up ....

--Khozem
Cheers !!!
khozism

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by maddyks » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:45 am

Side tracking to a more personal note,

Hey Shardul, Still dint get any details from you on the accomodation along the new boon lay area...

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by maddyks » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:50 am

khozism wrote:

We can have a meetup at Marche @ Orchard Road or Go for a Treetop Walk at McRitche or Meetup at Starbucks Cafe at Orchard Parade or Meetup at Lau Pa Sat etc.....[/quote]

Batli ... marche on a saturday or sunday will be extremely crowded. The Marche that you are speaking about is at The Heeren, Orchard road, right?

I've been there a few times and every time I had to like wait for several mins. Moreover it will be difficult to get a big table which can accomodate all of us. Eventually we would have to sit on seperate tables which will be no fun at all ....

hey maddy .... yaar apne pitaare mein se kuch nikaal na yaar ... the other day when we left from Aiwo, i remember you had many ideas regarding the places that the gang can go..... scratch your head buddy and come up with somethinn .... you've been here for like many years? .... isnt it ?? ....

--Khozem[/quote]

Hmm the place i was talking about was the Pitstop Cafe, where we can have drinks, make as much noise as we want, eat a bit and play games if we get bored (monopoly and stuff). You can check it out here - http://pitstopcafe.blogspot.com/. Been there with my other half and feel its quite a cool place.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Milestone Achieved!!

Post by bunty » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 9:57 am

kingajit wrote:My Dear MBA's Heartiest Congratulations,
If you have noticed.....now, we have become a Sub forum , similar to the CGC, WNDC & FNDC.
It has put us in an easy to notice spot rite on top & also amongst the most popular forums on this thread.
Thanks for all the enthu, the Lage Raho spirit, your wonderful messages & the laughing riot, which has made this achievable in such a short span !!!!

KingAjit,
Lage Raho!!
Work Hard!!.......Party Haaarderrr!!!!
great show, ajit.. and we were just discussing on how we can do this.....
i guess, just putting up posts really helped....

cheers

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Post by batliwala » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:03 am

Maddyan wrote:
khozism wrote:

We can have a meetup at Marche @ Orchard Road or Go for a Treetop Walk at McRitche or Meetup at Starbucks Cafe at Orchard Parade or Meetup at Lau Pa Sat etc.....

--Khozem[/quote]

Hmm the place i was talking about was the Pitstop Cafe, where we can have drinks, make as much noise as we want, eat a bit and play games if we get bored (monopoly and stuff). You can check it out here - http://pitstopcafe.blogspot.com/. Been there with my other half and feel its quite a cool place.[/quote]

Yeah I was talking about the Marche at the Hereen. Pitstop looks cool dude. I used to think that this place is only popular for the younger crowd amongst the motorists/ bikers to hang around.
Life is a Journey. If you cannot fly then run, if you cannot run then walk, and if cannot walk then crawl. So, whatever you do keep moving.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:08 am

FYI, Marché at the Heeren is closed for renovation. Looks like you all will be fueling up at the Pitstop.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

khozism
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by khozism » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:13 am

okie ... if Pitstop looks cool and if everyone agrees to it then lets keep it there for this weekend ... since there are games and other better things to do, even the kids wont get bored ... shall we keep this on sunday evening ? what say ? ... saturday I cant make it since I have some other commitments and I dont want to miss this outing ... so please try and keep it on sunday ....

Hey Ajit ... chime in please .... if all agree then we shall go for Pitstop...

--Khozem
Cheers !!!
khozism

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

sub forum

Post by bunty » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:22 am

now that we are a sub forum, should we have different topics posted

by this i mean, one topic for movies, outings and jokes ( to be owned by dear batli)...

any suggestions

cheers

thursdayblitzkreig
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by thursdayblitzkreig » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:41 am

Hmmmmmm....I concur wid Bunty. Batli Bhai jokes ke liye fit rahega nd wld luv to see him posting more jokes.

Batli Prabhu apke agya ke bina ek joke cut paste kar raha hu.....agar acha lage toh haas lena atleast....jai ho batli baba ki;

• Girl: Will u marry me?
Santa: No, humare yahan shaadi sirf relatives
mein hi hoti hai. Mummy
ne Papa se, Didi ne Jijaji se aur Bhaiya ne
Bhabhi se

• Banta: Yeh chaaku kyon ubaal rahe ho?
Santa: Suicide
karne ke liye
Banta: To phir ubalne kui kya zaroorat hai?
Santa: Kahin
infection na ho jaaye

• In a train compartment husband: Darling,
mujhe to tumhari aatma se
pyar hai, tumhare jism ki mujhe koi chah
nahin. Main tumhari rooh ko
chahta hoon, tumhara shareer tio mein
kutton ko daal doon.
Banta sitting on upper berth says: BOW BOW

Santa & Banta were going with their friend on one scooter & a
traffic
cop tried to stop them.
Santa said: Sorry bhaji, already 3 baithe hain
bilkul bhi jagah nahin
hai

• Santa: Today is Sunday & I wanna njoy,
so I bought 3 movie tickets
Jeeto: Why 3?
Santa: For u n ur
parents

• Banta: Y do u take ur wife only to night clubs?
Santa: By
the time she gets ready no other place is open

• Museum
Administrator: That's a 500 year old statue u've broken.
Banta: Thanks
God! I thought it was a new one.

• Lady Doc: Tum roz subah clinic ke
bahar khade kar auraton ko kyon
ghoorte ho?
Santa: Ji aap hi ne bahar
likha hai: Auraton ko dekhne ka samay 9am-
11am

• A man to Santa:
Aao ji chess khediye.
Santa: Tu chal mein sports shoe paa ke hune
aaya.

• Banta: I've discovered the origin of the word
Good-Bye
Santa: Oh, yeah? What's it? Banta: Many years ago, some
husband said
to his wife, 'I'm leaving u!' & the wife said: Good!
Bye!
At the scene of an accident a man was crying: O God! I hv lst
my
hand, oh!
Santa: Control urself. Don't cry. See that man. He has
lost his head.
Is he crying?

• In an interview,
Interviewer: How
does an electric motor run?
Santa: Dhhuuuurrrrrrrrrr.....
Inteviewer
shouts: Stop it.
Santa: Dhhuurrrr dhup dhup dhup...

• Santa was
getting bitten by mosquitoes the whole night. He got
irritated... drank
poison & said, Ab kaato saalon, sab maroge!

• Captain of Military:
Naujawanon aage bado
Santa aage nahin bada
Captain: Tum aage kyun
nahin bade?
Santa: Apne kaha 9 jawanon aage bado, mein 10ve number pe
tha

• Banta: Yaar teri wife di maut da bara afsos hoya, vaise hoya ki
si?
Sant: Goli lagi si mathe vich.
Banta: Waheguru ji da shukar kar ke
akh bach gayi.

• Santa apni khoobsurat Bibi k saath car mein baitha.
Driver ne
sheesha set kiya. Santa gusse mein bola, meri bibi ko dekhkta
hai,
piche baith, car mein chalaoonga!

• Santa: tainu Sunny Deol da
phone no pata hai...?
Banta: Nahin, kyon ki hoya?
Santa: Yaaar asi
Nalka patauna si.

• Banta: U cheated me.
Shopkeeper: No, I sold a
good radio to u.
Banta: Radio label shows Made in Japan but radio says
This is all
India Radio!

• Banta: U looked troubled, what's ur
prob?
Santa: I'm going to b a father
Banta: But, that's
wonderful
Santa: What's wonderful! My wife doesn't know about it
yet

• O yaar hun meri kudi jawaan ho gayi hai, ki karan?
Banta:
Karna ki hai, ohnu border te bhej de, saanu jawaanan di badi
lor
hai

khozism:I can also make it on sunday evening....nd pitshop looks cool. definitely milte hai break ke baad.

have a nice day guys.

cheers

kora

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Hotel California - Mallu Version (Kerala)

Post by batliwala » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08 am

Keralian version of Hotel California.

On the road to Trivandrum
Coconut oil in my hair
Warm smell of avial
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a bright pink tube-light
My tummy rumbled, I felt weak and thin
I had to stop for a bite
There he stood in the doorway
Flicked his mundu in style
And I was thinking to myself
I don’t like the look of his sinister smile
Then he lit up a petromax
Muttering “No power today”
Life is a Journey. If you cannot fly then run, if you cannot run then walk, and if cannot walk then crawl. So, whatever you do keep moving.

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by maddyks » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:13 am

Ha ha ha awesome.... Batli you the man...:lol:

Mebbe i should start digging up some stuff to post here too. I agree with Bunty too, we should have separate threads.

As for pitstop, if you confirm we are going, when and how many people, i can call up the guy there and book our place as saturday and sunday are a bit busy. Hope I can make it for a short while at least.

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Des v/s Pardes

Post by batliwala » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:18 am

Des vs. Pardes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Mother-in law:
In Des - A women capable of making your life miserable.
In Pardes - A women you never fight with, because where else you will find such a dedicated baby sitter for free?

2. Husband:
In Des - A boring human species, who listens more to his mother than you, and orders you around to serve him, his parents and siblings.
In Pardes - Still boring, but now a useful human species that comes in handy when the house needs to be vacuumed.

3. Friend:
In Des - A person whose house you can drop into any time of the day or night and you'll always be welcome.
In Pardes - A person who you have to call first to check and make sure he is not busy.

4. Wife:
In Des - A woman who gives you your underwear and towel when you go to take a shower.
In Pardes - A woman who yells at you not to leave tub dirty when you go to take bath.

5. Son:
In Des - A teenager, who without asking will carry your grocery bags from the market.
In Pardes - A teenager, who suddenly remembers he has lot of homework when you start mowing the lawn.

6. Daughter:
In Des - A lovely doll, who brings tears to your eyes when her doli is about to leave.
In Pardes - A lovely doll, who brings you to tears long before any doli time.

8. Father:
In Des - A person you are afraid of, and who is never to be disobeyed.
In Pardes - A person to whom you pretend to obey, after all he is the one paying your college tuition.

9. Desi Engineer:
In Des - A person with a respectable job and lots of upper ki kamai.
In Pardes - A person without a secure job, who always dreams one day he will be rich.

10. Desi Doctor:
In Des - A respectable person with ok income.
In Pardes - A money making machine, who has a money spending machine at home called "doctor ki biwi"

11. Bhangra:
In Des - A vigorous punjabi festival dance.
In Pardes - A desi dance you do, when you don't know how to dance.

12. Software Engineer:
In Des - A high-tech guy, always speaks in American accent, always anxious to queue consulate visa line.
In Pardes - The same hitech guy, who does Ganapati puja everyday, and says 'This is my last year in the US (or wherever)' every year.

13. A Green Card holder bachelor:
In Des - the guy can't speak Hindi, parents of good looking girls are dying to hook him, wears jacket in summer, says he has a BMW back there.
In Pardes - the guy can't speak English, wears jacket all the time, works in a Candy store at Manhattan, dreams of owning a BMW.

rubyred
Chatter
Chatter

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Post by rubyred » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:20 am

Hey!!!!

Congrats Kingajit - you did it......great!!!! *clapping*

Am still waiting for your mail. :) (Regarding the invite to join.....the networking blah blah.... - thanks.)

Warm regards.

Rubina.

bobby99

Newbie here

Post by bobby99 » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:23 am

Hi Frenz,
This is Sathish working as a software Consultant for Credit Suisse.Recently moved to SG.Looking to make new friends here.
Sex: Male
Please let me know if there are any plans for this weekend.I would like to join and explore things here.

Cheers,
Sathish